Quantcast

Toke up, hippies!

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
Walked by the corner inhabited by the local weed dealers. They all seemed a little depressed, like a bunch of steelworkers who have been given notice that plant is shutting down. Obama gets elected and the working man gets screwed.
There is no such corner.... And that friend of a friend who people get it from now may still be the ones purchasing in bulk to pass down to the little people, I don't know that I'd say they are out of work...

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
420 Tours should be HQ'd in littleton, and have a little hooka bar where all the pipes are re-purposed shotguns, and the dress code dictates you have a wear a black duster

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
You know there is a certain percentage of the population that would be all over that. The only question is would it be enough of a percentage to make a successful business plan.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
looks like thug life chose me when i just got this from the DMV 45 min ago:

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Wow, a valid comment...

This story is a great illustration of the baptists and bootleggers pattern.

The cop (baptist) benefits from prohibition in the form of a job and also personal satisfaction. The bootlegger (smuggler/dealer) benefits in the form of higher profits.
So it isn't surprising to see both groups favor such policies.

"Only" customers lose under such a regime, with higher prices, weaker information about quality and reputation, less recourse, and little incentive to lobby against the policy (dispersed costs vs concentrated gains).
<edit> Anyone who knows Sheriff Winters in Jackson County Oregon knows he is hell bent on getting the weed out of his county, even though it is legal here with the proper documentation.

Last edited: