Quantcast

Tolt Wednesday after work......

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
Duvall
Tolt would be fine. I need to go out there anyways. Or, Tokul-East if you want some squirrelly downhill on glacial till. Two downs and, yeah, two ups...
Would probably be there early. If Tolt, I could be at the 5 way at the top of It'sabitch at , say, 5:20 or so. (I'll already be there at 4.)

Jr_Bullit

I'm sooo teenie weenie!!!
Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
I'm game for a little tolt action...especially if it's still muddy this time of year ..:D Test those mud tires!!! hehe...

I have to put in a cautionary note that with work being work if things go awry I won't make it...I have a new assistant starting Monday and have to get all the crap ready to train him.

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
Duvall
Sorry JB. Tolt, like many other local spots, has not seen mud in probably over a month. Got someone stopping by after a ride within minutes and will grill them about conditions. But, it's slightly less of a dustbowl than other local areas due to the fir needles and slower speeds.

Fredzilla

Monkey
Aug 5, 2003
Seattle
Borneo said:
Sorry JB. Tolt, like many other local spots, has not seen mud in probably over a month. Got someone stopping by after a ride within minutes and will grill them about conditions. But, it's slightly less of a dustbowl than other local areas due to the fir needles and slower speeds.
I was out there this weekend and the conditions were really good. Not muddy at all, but not dusty either.... The only thing I would recommend is maybe wearing some eye protection because some of the branches are kinda drooping down right at eye level.

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
Jr_Bullit said:
I'm game for a little tolt action...especially if it's still muddy this time of year ..:D Test those mud tires!!! hehe...

I have to put in a cautionary note that with work being work if things go awry I won't make it...I have a new assistant starting Monday and have to get all the crap ready to train him.
Hope you can come out and ride with us! :) I haven't been out there in a while and I miss it!

We'll be at the parking lot by 5pm for a couple of hours of great riding!

Borneo: 5:20pm at the 5 way sounds good.

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
Duvall
I'll probably be on my way down and out by then. Might be able to hit a couple sections with ya. Meeting friends over at Tokul-East for some wimpy dh practice at 6:30. Just bought pinned flats and some elbow-forearm pads at lunch today! Need to work on easier stuff before I work up to that creek crossing step-up stuff... too scary. :)

P.S. Ditto on the eye protection thing. The branches are really drooping!

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
Im without a trailbike......... :( but not for long :) :) :D

I hope to get the new frame by friday. If not friday then early next week. Im short 2 major parts, but can maybe get them from supergo.... (BB, and Front D). I destroyed my last BB getting it out with an impact wrench.... it was alredy mashed on, so i just had to make sure i could get it out of the frame. Also i sent the other front D i had along with the frame....it wouldnt have fit anyways. I do have a low end shimano, but im not sure if it fits.

Borneo..... DH eh?? Youll have to show me that stuff once im rollign again...... ;)

Lates.
d

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
Duvall
Well, is it considered DH if you have to pedal for it? Mostly loose glacial stuff you get to slide down and some little root drops along the way that are probably easier to manual but it's so sketchy with the loose gravel. Especially now because it's soooo dry. Get that thing replaced so that you can hit some more goods that you have to pedal to.

Jr_Bullit

Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
As of this AM things are still up in the air. I'm determined to leave on time, but my boss is piling the work to be done on this week...lol. How is it hiring me an assistant got me more work instead of less? :think: :p I'll post again as I get closer to the end of my day.
-Jr

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
Jr_Bullit said:
As of this AM things are still up in the air. I'm determined to leave on time, but my boss is piling the work to be done on this week...lol. How is it hiring me an assistant got me more work instead of less? :think: :p I'll post again as I get closer to the end of my day.
-Jr
Ha! Funny how that works! :(

Hope you can make it out today!

Jr_Bullit

Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
Okay...since I've worked really late every day this week (and no, there is NO overtime for salaried employees), I went to my supervisor and pulled an "it's not fair" routine. I'll be there! I have to work from home after wards, but darnit, no one can keep me from sunshine forever!!! :D

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
Jr_Bullit said:
Okay...since I've worked really late every day this week (and no, there is NO overtime for salaried employees), I went to my supervisor and pulled an "it's not fair" routine. I'll be there! I have to work from home after wards, but darnit, no one can keep me from sunshine forever!!! :D
Yippee! We'll see you out there around 5pm-ish.

I haven't been out there in a while. Kevin kinda has a loop he likes to do, but half the time we get lost and just ride :)