Quantcast

Tom Cruise...going crazy on Oprah! Awesome.

Craw

Monkey
Mar 17, 2002

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
Dude! I watched the show yesterday and I thought he was great! It's nice to see someone in the public eye let it all out! :)

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
SkaredShtles said:
You watch Oprah? Shouldn't you be riding your bike? :think: :nope:

-S.S.-
Not on a regular basis, but I do watch TV :p I don't ride on Mondays, soccer on Sundays and Mondays leave my legs too tired.

Velocity Girl

whack-a-mole
Sep 12, 2001
Atlanta
Snacks said:
Dude! I watched the show yesterday and I thought he was great! It's nice to see someone in the public eye let it all out! :)
I agree!!! I thought he was really cute about it all....what women wouldn't love hearing her man tell the world that he's crazy about her :)

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
So you see Tom Crooze at a party, what do you say?
1) Eyes Wide Shut blew donkey balls.
2) That new gf of your is one nice package
3) Dude, sorry to hear about Goose.

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
DHS said:
though kinda interesting that he's dating a like 22yr old..
Well imagine that- who wouldn't be doing backflips like Cheetah on meth if they were shagging a hot 22YO silly! I'd bet El Jefe has whistling cartoon birds alighting on his finger and animated flowers opening up beneath his feet every time he steps from his front door and thanks providence for his outrageous good fortune! :p

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Tom Cruise: Love for Sale?
Fox News | 24 May

The voting is done, and the verdict isn't good.

Tom Cruise's "romance" with former "Dawson's Creek" star Katie Holmes is being viewed as a fake, one of the most cynical PR blitzes created by Hollywood in a long time.

Today, both "Oprah" and "Access Hollywood" will shill for Cruise, with interviews promoting his June 22 release, Steven Spielberg's "War of the Worlds."

On both shows, Cruise proclaims his love for Holmes. On "Oprah," Holmes makes an appearance and kisses Cruise. It has eerie echoes of Michael Jackson's famous MTV kiss with Lisa Marie Presley. You know how that ended up.

Personally, I could care less about Cruise or Holmes. The only person I am worried about this in equation is Spielberg. He's permitting his film to be exploited by a backfiring publicity campaign.

Is this my Spielberg, the director of "Schindler's List," "Saving Private Ryan," "E.T." and "Raiders of the Lost Ark"? Or is this the Spielberg upon whom Dreamworks, his studio, is depending for hits no matter what?

Neither Spielberg nor Cruise has had the kind of hits lately they used to enjoy. The director's recent list includes "The Terminal" and "Catch Me If You Can," films I loved but which had lukewarm audience response.

Cruise's resume is not one that supports a theory that he's the world's biggest movie star. "Collateral," "The Last Samurai," "Magnolia"? It's been five years since Cruise's last megahit, "Mission: Impossible II."

"War of the Worlds" was shot quickly and looks good. But it also cost somewhere between $150 million and $200 million, almost a record budget.

If "Minority Report" is an indication, that means "War of the Worlds" will be no cinch to break even, despite the Cruise-Holmes PR juggernaut.

"Minority Report" took in a very wheezy $132 million in the U.S., although its international box-office take — always a questionable number — was twice that.

With Cruise and Spielberg's fees and percentages to pay, and a huge amount spent on special effects, "War of the Worlds" will have to take in $400 million to break even.

And of what Holmes? She's the love interest in "Batman Begins," Christopher Nolan's Warner Bros. release starring Christian Bale. She has no box-office track record, but a lot of good will from the indie film "Pieces of April" and "Dawson's Creek."

On April 4, I met Holmes at the Broadway premiere of "Steel Magnolias." She told me she'd just moved to New York for the first time and was excited to be here. There was no indication that she even knew Cruise.

Twenty-four days later, Cruise, who lives in Los Angeles full-time, announced they were in love.

As they say in the trade papers, both actors, just like Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie, are repped by Creative Artists Agency.

riderx

Monkey
Aug 14, 2001
Fredrock
I think Howard Stern nailed it this morning: Another attempt by Cruise to prove to the world he isn't gay. BTW, it's not working :blah:

Jr_Bullit

I'm sooo teenie weenie!!!
Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
MMike said:
My wife was telling me about it. He was talking smack about Brooke Shields or something and "female" problems can be cured with vitamins? He's a freak
Well...he is after all a scientology nut....have you ever read any of their stuff???

Now there's a thing for conspiracy theorists to enjoy a good discussion on...I think he's their lackey and travolta is pulling the strings. :) :thumb:

shocktower

Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Molalla Oregon
riderx said:
I think Howard Stern nailed it this morning: Another attempt by Cruise to prove to the world he isn't gay. BTW, it's not working :blah:
Thank you so much,I love Howards show .And as the saying goes no matter how much you polish it ,it is still a turd :eviltongu :eviltongu :eviltongu ,but Katie is smoking

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
Jr_Bullit said:
Well...he is after all a scientology nut....have you ever read any of their stuff???

Now there's a thing for conspiracy theorists to enjoy a good discussion on...I think he's their lackey and travolta is pulling the strings. :) :thumb:
So wouldn't make him a jerk in most womens' eyes?

Velocity Girl

whack-a-mole
Sep 12, 2001
Atlanta
loco said:
Katie Holmes - how can she be banging him?? Lame. :confused:
Well from a female's perspective.....how could you not want to bang that?? Although he's not on my "top ten" list, I would have no problems what so ever hittin' it and them coming back for seconds!

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
Velocity Girl said:
Well from a female's perspective.....how could you not want to bang that?? Although he's not on my "top ten" list, I would have no problems what so ever hittin' it and them coming back for seconds!

Really? I've gotten the Tom Cruise thing. Brad Pitt I can understand. Tom Cruise? Not so much.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
MMike said:
Really? I've gotten the Tom Cruise thing. Brad Pitt I can understand. Tom Cruise? Not so much.
I have a theory that women are attracted to men of celebrity, wealth, power or fame no matter what the look like. Where as men are attracted to anything with a heartbeat caring little of their social or financial stature.

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
Westy said:
I have a theory that women are attracted to men of celebrity, wealth, power or fame no matter what the look like. Where as men are attracted to anything with a heartbeat caring little of their social or financial stature.
'listening quitely to crickets chirpping in the background waiting for the women to kill Westy'

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Velocity Girl said:
BBWWAAAHHH!!! One of the greatest posts ever :thumb:

I'm with you on that one...not in my top 10, but hey, I'd hit it :sneaky:

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Westy said:
:think: I know some women and men that don't fit into those categories. I could care less about power, fame, celebrity...but wealth, that could feed my "bike whore habits" :devil:

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
Velocity Girl said:
I second that!

He's not the highest on my list either, but after seen him on Oprah, I'd be all over him like a cheap suit ;)