Quantcast

Tom Nuttall's Bone Shaker.....

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Man I love that show... f'ing cocksuckers....

kind of a strange episode last night.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
The next two are gonna be action-packed.

Wanna know the definition of bipolar entertainment? I was switching back and forth last night between Deadwood and Family Guy. Sad...*switch* Happy....*switch* Sad.......*switch* Happy......

I was worn out by ten o'clock. :)

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
MMcG said:
there's a bike in that photo!

Yeah.....the bone shaker. From the episode of Deadwood the other week on HBO, when Tom Nuttall(the guy pictured) ordered a bicycle and then was challenged by a bar patron that he couldn't ride the thing all the way down the boardwalk....which he did handily. The original North Shore on a hardtail, yo.

Ridemonkey

This is not an active account
Sep 18, 2002
Toronto, Canada
I bought the season one DVD set. All the demons in hell couldn't make me miss that show on Sunday.*

*Not that I believe in demons, or hell, just trying to make a point.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Ridemonkey said:
I bought the season one DVD set. All the demons in hell couldn't make me miss that show on Sunday.
Awesome!!

It's funny you become so numb to the cursing after about 2min it's like it's not even there.

El Jefe

Dr. Phil Jefe
Nov 26, 2001
OC in SoCal
Greyhound said:
The next two are gonna be action-packed.

Wanna know the definition of bipolar entertainment? I was switching back and forth last night between Deadwood and Family Guy. Sad...*switch* Happy....*switch* Sad.......*switch* Happy......

I was worn out by ten o'clock. :)
That's why DVR is a necessity.

Ridemonkey

This is not an active account
Sep 18, 2002
Toronto, Canada
No I don't think it will be the General. I don't know yet but here's some possibilities:

Wolcott
That dude that had Bullocks kid in the alley
The representative from yankton

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Ridemonkey said:
No I don't think it will be the General. I don't know yet but here's some possibilities:

Wolcott
That dude that had Bullocks kid in the alley
The representative from yankton
Not the rep from Yankton,
Maybe Wolcott
What was up with that guy anyway in the alley?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Hawkeye said:
Short N---er General?

It was his horse (with his cockadoodledoo down to his knees) that smashed up the boy afterall
I think bullock was smart enough to see it wasn't his fault.
However the town may not.

Hawkeye

Monkey
Jan 8, 2002
Naperville, IL
stosh said:
Not the rep from Yankton,
Maybe Wolcott
What was up with that guy anyway in the alley?

Another forum I read has the implication that the "horse lover"(from earlier in the year) had intentions to molest the boy. Right before he is mauled by the horse the guy looks at the boy and then turns away and says "beautiful" it was a vague line but the people over there had the impression he was talking about the boy and not the other scenery.

Take it for what it's worth.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Hawkeye said:
Another forum I read has the implication that the "horse lover"(from earlier in the year) had intentions to molest the boy. Right before he is mauled by the horse the guy looks at the boy and then turns away and says "beautiful" it was a vague line but the people over there had the impression he was talking about the boy and not the other scenery.

Take it for what it's worth.
That was my assumption as well.

Hawkeye

Monkey
Jan 8, 2002
Naperville, IL
stosh said:
Oh and Mrs Garret is Prego right?

Yeah.

I wonder where they are going with that? Mrs. Bullock according to history stays in town and becomes the camps teacher. Further I am pretty sure the Bullocks have 2 kids.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Hooplehead Steve (the horse lover) is who you are thinking about. I'm on the fence about what his motivations were, good or bad. As he had plenty of reasons for wanting to see harm come to Bullock........ Hoestteler and N.General also had dirt on Steve when catching him with the horse. As slimy as he was, I don't think he wanted to risk any more embarrassment with having that fact publicly revealed(to which he signed a confession to on the chalkboard) I think the editor made it purposefully vague as to what Steve's intentions were so as to set up another dynamic between he and Bullock later on down the road. Remember....not evey event in Deadwood has immediate reprucussions---as much as Mr. Wu would like that to be so. Historically, Martha Bullock takes up permanent residence in Deadwood and becomes a pillar of the community. David Milch, the creator(NYPD Blue) has stated that he finds many parts of history "boring" and said that he would make some alterations to make the story flow in a more exciting manner.

Yes, stosh......Alma is warming a bun. We'll have to see how little William's death affects Martha/Seth to see wether they stay together, or she leaves and the Seth/Alma relationship can resume. Either way, both parties are "damaged goods" and will be destined for a long, slow train wreck.

Jun 4, 2002
Berryville, VA
Is this show based on fact??
I think Bullock is going to beat down Cy Toliver or Wolcott, Wolcott needs it bad.
Did you all assume that the kid passed on? From the previews, he looks like he's in the box.
Also Jane and Joannie Stubbs will hook-up. Hot!

Hawkeye

Monkey
Jan 8, 2002
Naperville, IL
The Professor said:
Is this show based on fact??
I think Bullock is going to beat down Cy Toliver or Wolcott, Wolcott needs it bad.
Did you all assume that the kid passed on? From the previews, he looks like he's in the box.

He is dead. It says so in the hbo show summary. It wasn't so clear on the show but he has passed on.

The show is based in fact mostly. I think some characters are a combination of people and Miltch has changed up a little bit of the history to make it a better TV show. But for the most part it has followed Deadwood history, Bill died at a card game (I even think he had the "deadman's hand" aces and eights) Calamity Jane is a degenerate drunk who worked as a nurse (last season at the pest tent) and look for her to clean up and possibly work at the Chez Ami as a hooker (which she did for a short time) The Gem burns down 2 times before it closes. Al dies broke and dead some years later.

Jun 4, 2002
Berryville, VA
I wouldn't have figured Al would go out broke, shot dead by someone yes, but not broke. I like his character more and more, but that F'in E.B. needs to die! Wolcott too. Slowly.

Hawkeye

Monkey
Jan 8, 2002
Naperville, IL
The Professor said:
I wouldn't have figured Al would go out broke, shot dead by someone yes, but not broke. I like his character more and more, but that F'in E.B. needs to die! Wolcott too. Slowly.
I can't stand EB, it is funny that his some what psycohtic personality is coming out more and more. The episode where he is asleep and chokes, his room was what I would picture a serial murderer to live in. And how he sneeks up to his door and then scurries back behind the desk when someone comes in. And then his mutterings and his abuse of that guy who works for him. EB just creeps me out.

You can read about Deadwood here:

http://www.adamsmuseumandhouse.org

My wife's great grandfather owned a general store and bar there in the 1870's but I doubt he will be on the show. He was a Indian, Her grandfather still owns about 200 acres outside of town on the Indian reservation. We have to go to a parade there every couple of years and she has to sign some inheritance rights papers every so often. Pretty cool place.

Jun 4, 2002
Berryville, VA
Did a little google search and found that Al dies trying to hop a train and E.B. later becomes head of the school board for Deadwood. There is no evidence that Wolcott ever was in camp. Also the guy that plays Wolcott was the same guy that shot Wild Bill.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
i've been watching entourage at my gf's place. Dunno what I'm gonna do - she's moving tomorrow back to rochester and I dont have HBO. And there's 2 more episodes in the season! F$%^!!!

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Oh man......the kaka is hitting the fan!!!

Although the tension is building at a snails pace, it makes every single scene, every piece of dialogue worthy of your upmost attention. If I had my way......I would lessen the screentime of the theatre sub-plot. I love Jack Langrishe, and hate Divid Milch like hell for not getting his character onto the screen in previous seasons. Brian Cox is a fantastic actor and adds an interesting dynamic to the camp.

If Ian McShane doesn't get an Emmy for this show, there is no justice in the world. May Earl Hickey-like bad kharma radiate to all those not voting for him.

I think Richardson is scamming everyone and is a lot smarter than he lets on. :clue:

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
Ridemonkey said:
I bought the season one DVD set. All the demons in hell couldn't make me miss that show on Sunday.*

*Not that I believe in demons, or hell, just trying to make a point.
Me and my wife just watched seasons 1 and 2 back to back via blockbuster video :) That show rocks. And Mad TV's spoof of it Saturday night was friggin sweet you cocksuckers!