Quantcast

Tomac Cartel dirt jumper in the works

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
cute. just don't tell me its $1000 :D
I don't know the price but I will for sure post it up as soon as I hear anything.

that bike doesnt look all too special, just another hardtail
Yeah there are a lot of different hardtails out there. Here is one made by a company with a lot of cool history, with great customer service, and other quality products.

What happened to the Yeti DJ thread? What did I miss? Haha. Didn't even click it because I had no interest...
Alright guys, enough about the other thread. Make another thread about it. :pirate:

This one is for the Tomac. :thumb:

spec-rider88

Monkey
Oct 22, 2006
St.Leonard, MD
Cool looking bike. May be more popular with the racers though. I like how there are some riders out there who have all the money in the world to dip into every discipline of the sport and act like they're an instant expert. Anyone who says that dj bikes can't be aluminum are just trying to sound like some hardcore rider, but, in reality, they just can't ride, period. Even though I ride steel everything, I have definitely seen plenty of people throw down on aluminum frames to know that they can be great jump bikes. Tomac knows what's up, so I'm interested to see what the finished product is.

mattt

Monkey
Jul 21, 2009
texas
An odd thought occurred to me looking at that Cartel. Why dont a lot of manufacturers use integrated headsets on aluminum bikes? Its easier to machine (aluminum), looks cleaner, lowers stuff, installations easier...

While on bmx bikes integrated is ubiquitous...

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
An odd thought occurred to me looking at that Cartel. Why dont a lot of manufacturers use integrated headsets on aluminum bikes? Its easier to machine (aluminum), looks cleaner, lowers stuff, installations easier...

While on bmx bikes integrated is ubiquitous...
some frames do it, but my guess is because steel bearings on aluminum cups, no matter how strong, will eventually eat away at the aluminum, and its alot cheaper to replace a cup then to replace a frame.