Quantcast

Tomac's Rat Race

spliffy

Monkey
Dec 10, 2007
DURANGO Colorado
i know Chris Heath is ridin pro for them but wahts other us riders who are up there in the pro ranks will be on them and are they having a us based team or just grass roots

Metal Dude

Turbo Monkey
Apr 7, 2006
Smackdonough, GA
Wheres the patriotism in Mtb racing? Is Mountain Bike racing that bad in the U.S.
Almost all the guys sponsored by US companies racing in the US national series is from some other country.
I understand this is a world cup team and US nationals suck, but, Damn
Tomac is like George Washington - If he puts together a team that's not grooming USA talent, then who will groom the future racers in the USA.
Guess it's like everything else in this country, farmed out to some other country that does it better...

backbone

Chimp
Jan 18, 2008
As the team owner and director for the freaks here at Backbone Adventure Cycling, I have to say that Joel and TOMAC have stepped up HUGE for domestic cycling. They are planning on making an enormous presence at the Mountain States Cup Series for 2008. We are also very pleased to have them as a bike sponsor once again for this year. Anyone who thinks they aren't supporting domestic teams should ask all eight of my guys/girls (some who are NOT Pro's, but Experts) who will be racing on frames that Joel/TOMAC have GRACIOUSLY provided. Who else is doing that? I have managed mountain bike teams for a long time, and the level of support that the TOMAC brand has provided has been unequaled. Thanks to TOMAC for making a sweet product, and backing some good ol' American muscle at the ground level this year. Word to you'r mothers....

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
As the team owner and director for the freaks here at Backbone Adventure Cycling, I have to say that Joel and TOMAC have stepped up HUGE for domestic cycling. They are planning on making an enormous presence at the Mountain States Cup Series for 2008. We are also very pleased to have them as a bike sponsor once again for this year. Anyone who thinks they aren't supporting domestic teams should ask all eight of my guys/girls (some who are NOT Pro's, but Experts) who will be racing on frames that Joel/TOMAC have GRACIOUSLY provided. Who else is doing that? I have managed mountain bike teams for a long time, and the level of support that the TOMAC brand has provided has been unequaled. Thanks to TOMAC for making a sweet product, and backing some good ol' American muscle at the ground level this year. Word to you'r mothers....

thanks for chiming in! It's always good to have more industry reps around :thumb:

Metal Dude

Turbo Monkey
Apr 7, 2006
Smackdonough, GA

Word! that's good to hear! Still would like to see a pro level team that
pays for the deal yah know! Guess it is hard to put money towards the race scene as it is these days...

backbone

Chimp
Jan 18, 2008
The race scene just needs some help from all of us who pay the bills at races each weekend! PROACTIVE minds will prevail, and we'll bring it back to the good ol' days, gimme some time..I'm working on it!

Oct 8, 2003
Im American and Semi-Pro and I will be racing on a Tomac Primer in 2008. Tomac's support in the US will be big in 2008 for me and the rest of the Backbone team. Soon as the Primer frame arrives I will have pictures for everyone to drool over.

backbone

Chimp
Jan 18, 2008
Hey Ryan! Thanks for responding! I have sweet pix of the Carbide's that Bert and Vegas Bob have received already, and Bert LOVES his Carbide. He's a long time hardtail holdout (like me) and swears by that Carbide's absolute sweetness. What's nice about Tomac bikes is that you KNOW the guys who get to pay the rent w/ that money, unlike SO MANY other brands...

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
I am one of the grassroots dh riders for 2008. I am going to riding/racing my Snyper and probably the Primer later on in the season.

I cannot say anything but good things about the support from the company this year especially from Joel/Clarke. Those guys really went the extra mile to make sure I am happy.

Big ups to Tomac and best of luck to all of the other Tomac riders this season!

Oct 8, 2003
Right on, I saw the pics on the blog and the write up. I can't wait to post some pictures of mine, with my race build it should be under 40lbs no problem.

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
NICE.

I can't wait to get the Primer. My Snyper is built a little more free-ride than all mountain. Its at 30lbs. =] Such a blast to ride. I cannot wait for this season to start! Hoping for top 10 this year at the Sea Otter. I got 12th last year.

Oct 8, 2003
The Snyper seems like an awesome trail bike I would like to get one of those as well but I want a modified Snyper with less travel to use as a 4X/Duel bike.

NY_Star

Turbo Monkey
Have you found clue #1?

Clue #2 requires an answer.

The question is: What was one of Johnny T’s BMX race numbers?

Hint: It’s in a photo and it’s called out in the caption.

When you know, go here: www.tomac.com/Tomac

The user name is tomac (all lower case). The password is a five letter word, first letter capitalized, followed by the two numbers. Those two numbers are the answer to the question above.