Quantcast

Tonicfab. Son of Howie.

rancidfan05

Chimp
Oct 4, 2008
Pretty new here, Hi guys. I like riding bicycles and thought that people might enjoy seeing my bike. Well, frame at the moment.

Pictures are worth 1000 words.

What could this be?

I have some semi-built pictures, but they're not worth putting up. Tomorrow I'll get some real full build pictures.

All I can say is this frame is amazing. I went from a Kona Cowan to this thing, and the difference is night and day. Dialed frame. I've tried out Dobermann, Blk Mrkt and many other DJ/street frames, and nothing comes close. So snappy, yet stable at the same time. Thank you Tonicfab for making such a great frame and having amazing customer service.

A few quick specs:
CK hubs
729s
Hollowbites w/ Ti spindle
DJ2 (kinda temp, but to be honest it feels absolutely amazing)
Elixir CR
Thomson post/stem

Update:

And there is the whole bike. I think most of the specs are pretty obvious, but if you have a question or want me to put up a full spec, let me know. Tires will be gone very soon. As will the seat. One more thing. Don't mind the chain tension:P Its been fixed.

Last edited:

WhoRyder

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2007
NYC
VERY VERY nice...... Build'er up!!!!

Rumor has it Tonic will be making their Frame in Taiwan..... :thumbsdown:

how true is this.... are there any "Made In USA" companies out there.....

Stoked

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2004
LI, NY
VERY VERY nice...... Build'er up!!!!

Rumor has it Tonic will be making their Frame in Taiwan..... :thumbsdown:

how true is this.... are there any "Made In USA" companies out there.....
bmx companies have some models made overseas and some models made in the USA, think fit, t1. i believe tonic will go that route so you'll still be able to get a US made howie or fallguy. maybe landon can chime in about this.

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
I wish they would change their headtubes. I think they look fugly, and I don't say that about many bike parts.

I'd be all over an overseas made Fall Guy if it ment I paid less for it. (and if the quality was up to par...)

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
been a while since i talked to Landon, but i have one of the first howies built, F'n love it...it's the one bike i could never see myself selling.

Landon chime in about the overseas comment, this is interesting.

WhoRyder

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2007
NYC
Landon chime in about the overseas comment, this is interesting.
Not knocking that frames will be made overseas.. the thing is i think certain people buy products because they like to support the good Ole US of A, and kinda get turned off about overseas frame building....

IN ancase i think the the Tonics are the best custom frames out there and it will be ashame to have them made in Taiwan....

rancidfan05

Chimp
Oct 4, 2008

And there is the whole bike. I think most of the specs are pretty obvious, but if you have a question or want me to put up a full spec, let me know. Tires will be gone very soon. As will the seat. One more thing. Don't mind the chain tension:P Its been fixed.

Stoked

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2004
LI, NY
i've always liked the tonic headtubes. i was into the coke can HT's from the time fbm did the PW moto.

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
They look too large. It throws the overall look of the frame off.

Landon

Monkey
Oct 20, 2004
Not knocking that frames will be made overseas.. the thing is i think certain people buy products because they like to support the good Ole US of A, and kinda get turned off about overseas frame building....

IN ancase i think the the Tonics are the best custom frames out there and it will be ashame to have them made in Taiwan....
Hey..it's true there are Taiwan made Tonic frames and a few other bits in the works. Anyone who went to Interbike could have seen this.

If you want a USA made Howie or Fall Guy, all you have to do is order one. One doesn't make the other go away.

As for the headtubes / headtube badges / more logos...

Can't please everybody?

-L