Quantcast

Tonight's beer selection:

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
I had Harpoon UFO yesterday. It was decent in a bottle but I miss draft UFO in VT :(

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
Yes, I noticed a few more fall beers in the store today. Haven't been drinking much recently, but had a Magic Hat Jinx today after my ride (as in, got back to the parking lot, grabbed the beer and went to the edge of the field to drink it).

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
The Brooklyn Oktoberfest is pretty good. Thanks for the heads up. I have been getting a steady stream of Saranac Brown Ale. A bit hard to find but very tasty.

BadDNA

hophead
Mar 31, 2006
Living the dream.
Had some of my own Oktoberfest and some of my own Scottish Ale tonight, straight from the keg. Can't wait for my Irish Red Ale, Bourbon Barrel Porter and Classic American Pilsner to be ready...I need another couple of kegs, or some help drinking some of this. :cheers:

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Seen on a bumper sticker in Fruita: "Real mountain bikers drink cheap beer"
That bumper sticker seems to go against everything I have learned about mountain bikers. Seems to me that MTB'ers are the biggest collection of beer snobs you can find.

I'd drink that cheap beer...if the wife wasn't around.

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
Heres tonights selection for me.

Been on a 211 kick lately....super ghetto beer that's 8.1 %. ThePBR's are just an old family tradition.
Instead of posting this in the beer and food forum, why don't you go do something classy like take a dump into an open casket during a funeral service?

Jesus...:disgust1:

ito

Mr. Schwinn Effing Armstrong
Oct 3, 2003
Avoiding the nine to five
Hey, you beat me up the hill next time and I'll let you shake your head at me....hell, show up for the ride next time and I'll let you shake your head at me.

But for now just go back to your vegetable patch and gears and we'll settle this later :plthumbsdown:

24 pack of PBR is on sale for $11.99 tonight. I could get something fancy, but money is miles these days. I think I know what I'll be drinking.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Hey, you beat me up the hill next time and I'll let you shake your head at me....hell, show up for the ride next time and I'll let you shake your head at me.
Has got nothing to do with beer. :disgust1:

But for now just go back to your vegetable patch and gears and we'll settle this later :plthumbsdown:
I just picked 4 really nice yellow tomatoes and need to go get the cherry tomatoes and green/yellow squash that's out there. :thumb:

24 pack of PBR is on sale for $11.99 tonight. I could get something fancy, but money is miles these days. I think I know what I'll be drinking.
I'd still drink water in that scenario. :disgust1:

Bushwhacker

Turbo Monkey
Dec 4, 2003
Tar Effing River!! NC
I can't help it...I like all beers, cheap, boutique and anything in between. The only beer I really can't drink is Bud or Budlight.... Not to long ago I was on this kick

I change up all the time...next week maybe some nice seasonal brews will be living in the bottom drawer. But this weekend its the PBR's and 211..and I'm ok with that.

ito

Oct 3, 2003
I can't help it...I like all beers, cheap, boutique and anything in between. The only beer I really can't drink is Bud or Budlight.... Not to long ago I was on this kick

I change up all the time...next week maybe some nice seasonal brews will be living in the bottom drawer. But this weekend its the PBR's and 211..and I'm ok with that.
If you want something different try Three Philosophers. I brought some to Treesaw's house and it was popular. I usually don't share beer, but it was a special occasion.

Tonight is looking cheap though, berm buster session, burgers, beer pong, and jager!

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
Tonight I had three: Pacifico Clara, Long Trail Hefeweizen, and Sierra Nevada Pale Ale.

If I want cheap I get Yuengling.

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
If you want something different try Three Philosophers. I brought some to Treesaw's house and it was popular. I usually don't share beer, but it was a special occasion.
Three Philosophers is neat. It's a great Belgian, with that little hint of fruit, and the mouthfeel is unreal.

Age it a year or two. It's worth it.

ito

Oct 3, 2003
Three Philosophers is neat. It's a great Belgian, with that little hint of fruit, and the mouthfeel is unreal.

Age it a year or two. It's worth it.
I haven't lived in one place for more than 11 months in the past 5 years....so aging is out of the question.

Plus I'm not that patient.

cruzzer

Chimp
Sep 24, 2007
Life is too short for cheap beer,,
River horse hop hazzard is great,,
The cheapest I usually have is yuengling lager,,
Steve

Bushwhacker

Turbo Monkey
Dec 4, 2003
Tar Effing River!! NC
This week is a bit better...most of the seasonal stuff really hasnt' appealed to me. I do like the Magic Hat seasonal 12's though. The old standby still has its place in the bottom drawer...

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Tonight's choice:

1. Post Road Pumpkin Ale (by Brooklyn) - a taste of fall!

2. Brooklyn Weiss - a taste of summer, as it's freakin' 85 degrees right now.

Weekend: Anniversery celebration bomber bottle of Southern Tier Imperial Wheat!

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
This week is a bit better...most of the seasonal stuff really hasnt' appealed to me. I do like the Magic Hat seasonal 12's though. The old standby still has its place in the bottom drawer...
Magic Hat is always solid. I always liked Jinx.

Last night had pizza along with some Otter Creek Copper Ale and Saranac Pumpkin Ale. Good stuff.

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
[re: Three Philosphers]I haven't lived in one place for more than 11 months in the past 5 years....so aging is out of the question.

Plus I'm not that patient.
It's brewed in Cooperstown, NY and I know they hold some back every year to age. If you have a shop locally that deals in good beers check about ordering an older bottle.

giantrider89

Monkey
Oct 16, 2006
P-town, MN
heres my dinner tonight........

McEwans scotch ale......very good stuff.....although a tid expensive and a weird finish......

also really good! Samuel Smith oatmeal stout......:cheers:

and then since im a college student........