Quantcast

Tonight's grubfest

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Cheese ravioli with a butter-sage sauce. Green beans, snow peas, and zucchini sauteed with butter and olive oil.

Everything but the ravioli came from the garden.

Damn I like simple and tasty.

And the kids MOWED through the ravioli & even ate all their vegetables. :cheers:

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Sounds good and even better that the kids ate all their veggies. Last night I pan seared a nice ribeye and served it with a Merlot sauce with baby bella mushrooms, a little garlic & shallots and a side of oven roasted new potatos tossed in olive oil & seasonings and fresh green beans.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Sounds good and even better that the kids ate all their veggies. Last night I pan seared a nice ribeye and served it with a Merlot sauce with baby bella mushrooms, a little garlic & shallots and a side of oven roasted new potatos tossed in olive oil & seasonings and fresh green beans.
Ooooh - that reminds me. The other night we had sausage and beans (God it's a tasty dish) - but for an antipasto we had big button mushrooms stuffed with something I just whipped up at random:

2T butter & 1T olive oil
Saute about 1/4c shallots in it along with the 'shroom stems (chopped)
Add 1/2c beef broth & reduce until almost gone
Add 1/2c red wine and reduce a little bit
Take off heat & add bread crumbs
Fresh parsley, S&P
Mix in about 1/2c freshly grated Italian stinky cheese (we use Grana Padano)
Sprinkle stuffed caps with more stinky cheese
Stuff the caps & bake for about 20 minutes at..... 350 or so

We used a nice Chianti for the red wine & it went smashingly well with the caps AND the sausage and beans.

Of course we had the usual saute of fresh haricots verts (that's for TN & La :D), snow peas, and zucchini.