Quantcast

Tonights Pizza

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!

Pan Pizza Peqouds style.... Mushrooms, Onion, Mozz, Sausage, Parmesan, Cheap ass Tomatoes from a can, and Basil. Crust was almost Buttery. Best I ever made.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Since I made that pizza I have made 5 more for others. I have 4 more requests. It seems folks have never had Pan Pizza before.

2 small 12oz balls of dough.
Heat oven to 550f
Butter your cast Iron pan. I use a 14 inch. Drizzle olive oil on top of the butter (1 tbs).
Stretch or roll out the first ball. Line the pan so that it overlaps the pan.
Layer whole milk moz slices next. I buy Bel Gioso balls and slice them kind of thick. 2 balls will make a deliciously cheesy pie.
Next put a layer of tomatoes. I buy Tutto Rosso San Marazano Chopped Tomatoes and delute it with red wine and add Dellosio Italian spice, mix chopped garlic if your feeling brave. If not Chopped Shallots will do fine. Both are even betterer.
Finely chopped kalamata olives.
A 6oz can of Green giant sliced mushrooms. Cento work good too... Drain well....
Julianne a red or yellow pepper. layer that in there.
A layer of Parmesan. 2 cups...
A layer of Italian sausage. A pound is enough. It doesn't need to be cooked as it will cook during baking. I use Hot. The best I can get which is gainellis....
A layer of Pepperoni. More sauce, more mozz.
Roll out the second ball and crimp to the bottom dough top of the pan edge like a pie.
Cover with the rest of the sauce and more Parmesan. Basil is also a good topping.
Cover with more Olive oil and red pepper flakes...
Poke a hole in the top to let out steam.
Bake it for a good long time. 30/40 minutes or more. Just watch it. Poke the bubbles as they make delicious crispy bits.... I enjoy crispy bits...
Release the pie with a spatula. If you leave the pie in the pan it will keep cooking.
It will be like Molten Lava. Let it rest for 20 minutes before eating.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Since I made that pizza I have made 5 more for others. I have 4 more requests. It seems folks have never had Pan Pizza before.

2 small 12oz balls of dough.
Heat oven to 550f
Butter your cast Iron pan. I use a 14 inch. Drizzle olive oil on top of the butter (1 tbs).
Stretch or roll out the first ball. Line the pan so that it overlaps the pan.
Layer whole milk moz slices next. I buy Bel Gioso balls and slice them kind of thick. 2 balls will make a deliciously cheesy pie.
Next put a layer of tomatoes. I buy Tutto Rosso San Marazano Chopped Tomatoes and delute it with red wine and add Dellosio Italian spice, mix chopped garlic if your feeling brave. If not Chopped Shallots will do fine. Both are even betterer.
Finely chopped kalamata olives.
A 6oz can of Green giant sliced mushrooms. Cento work good too... Drain well....
Julianne a red or yellow pepper. layer that in there.
A layer of Parmesan. 2 cups...
A layer of Italian sausage. A pound is enough. It doesn't need to be cooked as it will cook during baking. I use Hot. The best I can get which is gainellis....
A layer of Pepperoni. More sauce, more mozz.
Roll out the second ball and crimp to the bottom dough top of the pan edge like a pie.
Cover with the rest of the sauce and more Parmesan. Basil is also a good topping.
Cover with more Olive oil and red pepper flakes...
Poke a hole in the top to let out steam.
Bake it for a good long time. 30/40 minutes or more. Just watch it. Poke the bubbles as they make delicious crispy bits.... I enjoy crispy bits...
Release the pie with a spatula. If you leave the pie in the pan it will keep cooking.
It will be like Molten Lava. Let it rest for 20 minutes before eating.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I took my portable oven and disassembled it last year. My buddy bought a house 2 blocks from me. We reassembled it next to his Garage. We fired it up today. Baked breads in it. With some minor adjustments we should be ready to fully utilize it soon. 700deg F at max temp so far.