Quantcast

Too bad SE Racing is gone huh.

bmx818

Chimp
Sep 18, 2001
Damn they were a great company. Does anybody know what happened to em? I heard something about them getting bought out in '99 and the new guys killed their bike line. My pk.ripper was my best frame ever. Oh well guess it's off to bully or standard.

Ian F

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
Philadelphia area
Really? That explains why I can't find a Landing Gear fork for my BMX bike...

I loved the Quadangle - I always thought that was cool looking frame. I saw a guy riding a new one at the local track a couple of years ago and so I thought SE was still around...

The PK Ripper was cool too - man, was that thing light...

afroboy

Chimp
Oct 23, 2001
Ottawa, Canada
If any of you are looking for old school parts try www.rideon.com
Don, the owner of the shop collects all kinds of old school parts and I think a fair bit of his stuff is new. Check with him. BTW, the shop is in Vancouver.

ATXjimATX

the artist formerly known as OldDickDynamite
Oct 4, 2001
Austin, TEXAS
If you need some landing gear check with Ozone Bikes in Austin. They had a few pairs hanging in there last time i was in..... may not be cheap, though.................

i think SE got bought out by Marin; who shut them down.....
then, one of the SE guys (not Scott Breithaupt) actually i thnk it's Mike Devitt ,hooked up with Gary Turner (yep, the "GT" behing GT) and they started up Alliant Bikes .

o_d_d

ATXjimATX

the artist formerly known as OldDickDynamite
Oct 4, 2001
Austin, TEXAS
If you need some landing gear check with Ozone Bikes in Austin. They had a few pairs hanging in there last time i was in..... may not be cheap, though.................

i think SE hooked up with some taiwanese or chinese financial backers and things eventually went all to crap and the guys at SE shut things down; but i think the Chinese guys still own the name.
then, one of the SE guys (pretty much THE SE guy) ,Mike Devitt ,hooked up with Gary Turner (yep, the "GT" behind GT) and they started up Alliant Bikes . Mike Devitt also does
Dirtmaster and some of their stuff looks pretty killer....
O_D_D

Nov 28, 2001
Hi guys/gals,
when I used to ride BMX back in the early 80's I had a Quad Angle and it was one AWESOME ride. That thing turned heads wherever we rode. So many years later, when I was looking into the current scene, I found out SE Racing folded and think that sucks! Man the Quad, PK Ripper, and Floval Flyer were some of the coolest bikes around, and that powder blue paint job was bad a$$!!

VanityBMX

Chimp
Dec 1, 2001
Lincoln, Nebraska
Yes, it is too bad SE is gone. BUT, Mike Devitt of SE and Gary Turner (of GT) started up a new company, Alliant Bikes; and revived and old company: Dirtmaster. The new Alliant completes haven't rolled into stores yet, they are due out in Jan 2002. They will be sporting forks exatcly like SE's Langing Gear. A Japanese Company bought the SE name and have since destroyed it. It is up to them if they would like to begin production of PK's, OM's, or Flovals, or Quads. But this is very doubtfull. For a while the Alliant Team was riding some Quadangles with Alliant decals (sneaky). But Quads are no longer available. Yet, Dirtmaster is making a frame name the "FLatty" which is a freestyle version of the Quad with 14mm drops, internal cable routing, and a standing platform. SE's name may be gone but the soul of the company lives on within very BMXer and within the ALLIANT and DIRTMASTER names. check out www.alliantbicycles.com and www.dirtmaster.com
-=Jeremy