Quantcast

Too bad these kids had to learn not to mess with people the hard way

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
I Are Baboon said:
Hang out a car window and throw stuff at other random cars? I'm going to guess not too many of us have.

Dumbasses.
Not recently, but a million years ago in high school, bottle rockets were pretty popular. And yes, I was a dumbass!

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
dh girlie said:
Damn...well...I certainly hope the kid recovers. But if the guy was blinded by the water balloon...couldn't he have just turned on his windshield wipers? I think there may be something amiss with his story...
I really hope he rammed the lil' bastids...

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
Certainly it was not a cool thing for them to do and the wages of sin is death, etc., but that certainly does not excuse the high-speed chasing and ramming of their truck. Just a guess, but some of the old folks around here go absolutely postal over "those durn teenaged hooligans" doing anything fun or the least bit naughty.

It reminds me of a time as a youth I had this CRAY-ZEE old white guy chase me and my brother in his car- through construction sites and grassy lots- waving a tire iron all the while because we(brace yourself, 'cause here it comes) had the audacity to throw a snowball at his car. The same thing happened the next Winter when I mistakenly hit a police cruiser because of a friend's bad spot from the roadside. I actually slipped on ice unning across a street and looked up to see the angry cop bearing down on me with lights & sirens going. I managed to barely escape by running through the woods and looping back home behind the police station/post office. Had the cop been willing to dismount and chase me on foot through the snow, he would have easily caught me; I am not known for my fleetness of flight.

Again, not trying to excuse what they did, but the Mad Max response does seem a bit exaggerated. I certainly did much worse than that as a teenager. Never violent or really mean things, but we did get into more than our alotted share of mischief with water balloons, paintball(and real) guns, flammable ANYTHING, etc.

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
dh girlie said:
Well, they WERE a bunch of little bastids...but that kid looks pretty f'd up...not good. I think the old hick ran em off the road. What they were doing was definitely wrong and dangerous...but that kid doesn't deserve that...

Hard to feel sorry for them since their actions could have caused one of their victims to crash possibly injuring/killing the driver and some other innocent party.

Besides they know better...

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
N8 said:
Hard to feel sorry for them since their actions could have caused one of their victims to crash possibly injuring/killing the driver and some other innocent party.

Oh definitely what they were doing was way out of line and dangerous...but the dude HAD to have hit them...and claiming he was blinded by a water balloon after two high speed chases? What the hell? I call bs on the dude. BLINDED by the water balloon...what does this guy do when he has to drive in the rain? I think the kids deserved an ass whoopin for sheezay, but jeez...that kids really f'd up...wouldn't you be bummed if it was one of your kids? I'm sure you're kids would never do such a thing, being that they are the offspring of such and upstanding citizen, ;) but STILL...I think I mighta just taken down a license number, followed em home or SUMTHIN besides nearly killing one of em...

riderx

Monkey
Aug 14, 2001
Fredrock
I Are Baboon said:
Hang out a car window and throw stuff at other random cars? I'm going to guess not too many of us have.

Dumbasses.
How many of you nailed passing cars with snowballs when you were a kid? Pretty much the same thing, only I would say the snowballs are worse. I know I did it.

Tough lesson though. Hope the old dude didn't intentionally hit them.

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
Man...I was a good kid...all I did was call this old man on the phone and yell obscenities into his answering machine...till the day we yelled out one of our friends names and phone numbers and all hell broke loose when the man called the number and our friends mom heard the recording and recognized our voices and told OUR moms...I had to go to the guys house and apologize...talk about feeling like a jackass...

Oh...and me and the neighbor boys when we were 5, 5 and 4, went into an open garage and dumped all the nuts and bolts into their laundry detergent and made a huge mess of their garage.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
That dude is seriously uptight. It's a friggin' waterballoon!

Ya know, thin rubber sphere filled with H20!

If it was filled with paint or it cracked his windshield, maybe, but a waterballoon? If you crash cuz a waterballoon hit your car, then you shouldn't be driving in the first place.

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
I some lady can run over her husband multiple times in a hotel parking lot after catching her husband with his mistress....while their child is in the passenger seat, and get off scott free.

This dude can get away with running into some huligans. :)

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
N8 said:

Besides they know better...
Damn Pat Buchanon.
Were you ever a teenager?
99% of teenagers do stuff like this, because they biologically retarded at that age.
It is just part of being a teenager. They do stupid stuff.
And they have to learn not to do stupid stuff through experience.
For example as a child, I was shooting bottle rockets under cars trying to get them to go between the wheels and through the other side. Finally, some dude slammed on brakes, and two bodybuilding dudes jumped out and chased me. I was only able to escape because of all the friction their giant thighs created, but it was a close call and I didn't do it again.
This teenager is paying a much higher price, and it sounds like it could have been avoided.

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Jeremy R said:
This teenager is paying a much higher price, and it sounds like it could have been avoided...

..by not engagingin moronic behavior that is gonna piss people off. Actions have consequences. Tough lesson but everyone has to learn it sometime.

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
LordOpie said:
People who chase down kids for something as silly as this are nothing but insecure bullies.

Effective way to stop moronic behavior though... this kid prolly won't be riding in the back of pick-up truck nor tossing stuff at cars on the highway again.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
N8 said:
Effective way to stop moronic behavior though... this kid prolly won't be riding in the back of pick-up truck nor tossing stuff at cars on the highway again.
No, but this kid has friends who now know this man's name and identity.
Evil and stupid is a bad combo.

Jayridesacove

Turbo Monkey
Feb 21, 2004
Falls Church, VA
So what happens if we substitute the water balloons for rocks, and the truck for a highway overpass?

The concept is the same, kids throwing objects at cars to see an end result.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
The fact that a lot of kids do stupid things is no excuse!

Throwing things at moving cars is not harmless fun, and they should consider themselves lucky it wasn't a lot worse. Yeah maybe the guy overreacted but that's the chance they took. Tough price to pay but maybe they learned something that they should have been able to figure out earlier. They're lucky dude didn't have a gun.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Jayridesacove said:
So what happens if we substitute the water balloons for rocks, and the truck for a highway overpass?

The concept is the same, kids throwing objects at cars to see an end result.
It must be nice to live in a B&W world where everything is so clear.

Jayridesacove

Turbo Monkey
Feb 21, 2004
Falls Church, VA
It's a dangerous behavior. The teens want to get a reaction out of the driver they target, most of the time it will be a honk, some yelled profanity or a hand gesture. This time the kids got an extreme reaction from their actions.

But, what if the driver that got hit with the balloon ran into a telephone pole and died? What if it was a van full of children?

Yes, most teens do stupid things; but this example is beyond normal stupidity.