Quantcast

### Too effing early Friderp gmt###

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
In other news, I got my dad scheduled for his first dose of a Covid shot. The online sign-up process was freaking AWFUL... there's a dropdown that selects the location and the calendar shows you the dates with appts available. So if you're frantically trying to get an appt for your 75-year-old dad before they all "sell out" it's just an extremely stressful and frustrating PITA. Click to a month view, then cycle through all the locations in the dropdown. No appts? Click the next month, then cycles through all the locations AGAIN. Oh, and I forgot the other part: you start the process by entering a zip code and selecting a range of up to 50 miles from that zip code. Which then narrows down the locations you are able to see at any one time... so if you want to look at various cities because your dad lives in a truck camper and can be fully nomadic... woof.

View attachment 155895

I can't even imaging if I were 75 years old and trying to deal with this. I'd give up. My dad had, TBH.
The only reason why I was able to get one for my mom was because I read on a local news site that registration was going to open at 5:00 pm. Got online right before. These appointment registration sessions can run out in 20 minutes.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Also, EMS has big discounts on tech shirts and base layers. 'tis the season.
I like the EMS base layers as a whole, but my God are they lint magnets. I swear, more lint ends up on those things than in the lint trap.

the EMS near me closed like 2 or 3 years ago :(
It's a shame. Their stuff is always pretty decent and can be had for a reasonable price.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
seeing the little things.....i have the front row to myself...

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I made pizza and am drinking beer and keeping the fire going. 22 outside, 78 inside.

Debating a ride in the morning, or at least trying to convince the wife to let me ride both mornings this weekend.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
9F in the forecast for tomorrow morning and 6F for Sunday. Perfect riding conditions, no? I hope Garmin awards me the coveted "frozen balls" badge for my efforts.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Cleaned up some 10 speed parts which have been sitting on my workbench for probably close to a year to finally ready them for sale.

Can't find the Shimano crank arm fixing bolt thing for the NDS crankarm :shakefist:

XTR M980 3x10 crankset, XO 3x10 triggers, XT M780 direct mount FD, GX 10 speed long cage RD, XT 11-36 cassette in case anyone is looking for a drivetrain.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Taking Hilarie for a memory evaluation... :wave:
my dad finally got my mom to do an eval and it was as expected-early-mid stage alzheimer's. i still don't think my mom has fully processed it yet and i'm pretty sure she thinks no one notices. then she'll tell me stuff like my dad is cranky and loses his temper with her, not realizing that when it takes you hours to get your shit together to do basic grocery shopping and you stress out and make lists over and over and ask the same questions over and over it's not fun to deal with. hope hilarie and you can get some support if/as needed. mom has to go take a driving test in a few weeks...can't imagine that's going to go well either.

in other news, went skiing, such as skiing in north carolina is. great weather and had a decent time in the end. older kid has same size feet as me so we switched after lunch and he tried skiing for the first time and i tried snowboarding-second time, and first time in 30 years. i didn't break myself off, so at least there's that. ready for a beer and an early bedtime now.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Fucking demolition derby on the roadways today 3 freeway rollovers including one big rig. Red Light Runner t-boned another car right in front of a dialysis center. another car ran off the freeway flipped into a tree killing the driver. I am not looking forward to drive to Sacramento tonight.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
Pour one out for HWY 1 at Big Sur...

My buddy is the GM at Napenthe, between the fires and slides they can't catch a break

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Pour one out for HWY 1 at Big Sur...

My buddy is the GM at Napenthe, between the fires and slides they can't catch a break
The waterflow down that creek must have been nuts and the tiny culverts under the road were like a straw trying to funnel a damn blow out.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
my dad finally got my mom to do an eval and it was as expected-early-mid stage alzheimer's. i still don't think my mom has fully processed it yet and i'm pretty sure she thinks no one notices. then she'll tell me stuff like my dad is cranky and loses his temper with her, not realizing that when it takes you hours to get your shit together to do basic grocery shopping and you stress out and make lists over and over and ask the same questions over and over it's not fun to deal with. hope hilarie and you can get some support if/as needed. mom has to go take a driving test in a few weeks...can't imagine that's going to go well either.

in other news, went skiing, such as skiing in north carolina is. great weather and had a decent time in the end. older kid has same size feet as me so we switched after lunch and he tried skiing for the first time and i tried snowboarding-second time, and first time in 30 years. i didn't break myself off, so at least there's that. ready for a beer and an early bedtime now.
My Little Brother is pushing me into the Visiting Nurse thing. I understand. I am not a liability he can take on.

Thanks. The evaluation went OK, results Monday. H decided for herself that driving was done - convincing her to get rid of her car will be impossible.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Thanks. The evaluation went OK, results Monday. H decided for herself that driving was done - convincing her to get rid of her car will be impossible.
Eh, at least the important battle is won. It's dangerous being out there when you don't know where you are.

My grandfather, who also had memory issues, spent a day lost, driving around among 3 states after he went out to pick up his medication. Intended destination was the military installation a few miles down the road, a place he'd been going for 30 years. It's sad to lose that independence, but at least she's got the self awareness to recognize it's for the best.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Cleaned up some 10 speed parts which have been sitting on my workbench for probably close to a year to finally ready them for sale.

Can't find the Shimano crank arm fixing bolt thing for the NDS crankarm :shakefist:
Now this is some relatable content. :thumb:

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Fucking demolition derby on the roadways today 3 freeway rollovers including one big rig. Red Light Runner t-boned another car right in front of a dialysis center. another car ran off the freeway flipped into a tree killing the driver. I am not looking forward to drive to Sacramento tonight.
WTAF.