Quantcast

Took a pic of my bike for all to see....

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
McGRP01 said:
Well, it looks like its never been ridden, so it could be his. :blah:
That pics is a few weeks old. I took it right when I got it. I photoshop'ed out all the background.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Does you bike have the Pike? I've read nothing but amazing things about it - how do you like it? Compared to your old fox?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jacksonpt said:
Does you bike have the Pike? I've read nothing but amazing things about it - how do you like it? Compared to your old fox?
I love the adjustable travel of the bike!! Never had that before. I haven't spent much time "tuning" it. With the lock out and the minimal bob of the bike with the 5th element at times it almost feels as if I have a rigid frame bike. I'll try to tune the fork some on Friday when I ride alone and let you know after that.

There is some lateral movement in the front end of the bike, I can't quite put my finger on it yet. When I go around turne at high speed it almost feels like the whole front end it bending. I'm not sure if it's the wheel or the fork or I'm just losing my mind....

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jacksonpt said:
can you list the specs of the bike?
MODEL 2005 HOLLOWPOINT MK III EXPERT
CATEGORY TRAIL
FRAME 5" TRAVEL DW-LINK TRAIL FRAME 1 1/8" ZEROSTACK HEADTUBE
REAR SHOCK PROGRESSIVE 5TH ELEMENT AIR 7.5"x2"
FORK ROCK SHOX PIKE RACE U-TURN 95-140MM TRAVEL TA
HANDLEBAR EASTON EA50 MONKEY BAR LOWRISE 31.8MM CLAMP
STEM EASTON EA50 31.8MM CLAMP
HEADSET FSA ORBIT Z, NO.9 1 1/8" ALLOY, ZERO STACK THREADLESS
BB W/CRANK
CRANK FSA V-DRIVE MEGAEXO
RINGS 44/32/22 ALLOY
PEDAL CRANK BROS CANDY C CLIPLESS
CHAIN SRAM
SEAT FIZIK NISENE W/CROMOLY RAILS
SEAT POST EASTON EA50
F. HUB WTB LASERDISC SD 32º 20MM THRU AXLE
R. HUB WTB LASERDISC LITE 32º W/QR
F. DER SRAM
R. DER SRAM X.9
SHIFTER SRAM X.9 TRIGGER
FREEWHEEL SRAM PG-970, 11/32T, 9 SPEED
BRAKES HAYES HFX 9 CARBON W/ 6" MUDCUTTER ROTORS
BRAKE LEVER HAYES HFX 9 CARBON
RIM MAVIC XM 317 DISC 32H
SPOKE DT-SWISS COMPETITION 1.8/2.0
TIRES MAXXIS HANSVENTURE 2.35
SIZE 19"

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
TreeSaw said:
:stosh: to you pic :devil:

Beautiful thing...no shimano in site! :thumb:
there was a shim. front der. however the shop took it off because it wasn't working right.

I'm not sure if I like the SRAM triggers....

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
cool... sounds like a great ride. We gotta get together this summer... you and douglas set a date for the stewart ride yet?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jacksonpt said:
cool... sounds like a great ride. We gotta get together this summer... you and douglas set a date for the stewart ride yet?
nope I would say if I can get a good 10rides in I'll be in better shape to ride with you guys.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
maybe in better shape to ride with him... my butt is in terrible shape (not to mention the rest of me). The hard end of winter, then the last month or so of pregnancy (for my wife, not me), and now the baby has put riding on the back burner in a big way. In another week or so, it should be light enough early enough for me to start riding to work a few days a week. That'll get me in shape in a hurry...

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
stosh said:
there was a shim. front der. however the shop took it off because it wasn't working right.

I'm not sure if I like the SRAM triggers....
What don't you like about them? I just ordered a new SRAM drivetrain and am anxiously awaiting it's arrival!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
TreeSaw said:
What don't you like about them? I just ordered a new SRAM drivetrain and am anxiously awaiting it's arrival!
I just feel like my thumbs have to stretch to much to reach them. I haven't fully adjusted their location either but they do shift really well....

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jacksonpt said:
maybe in better shape to ride with him... my butt is in terrible shape (not to mention the rest of me). The hard end of winter, then the last month or so of pregnancy (for my wife, not me), and now the baby has put riding on the back burner in a big way. In another week or so, it should be light enough early enough for me to start riding to work a few days a week. That'll get me in shape in a hurry...
wish I could ride to work... :)

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
stosh said:
<snip>
There is some lateral movement in the front end of the bike, I can't quite put my finger on it yet. When I go around turne at high speed it almost feels like the whole front end it bending. I'm not sure if it's the wheel or the fork or I'm just losing my mind....
Dude - it's a Rock Shox - it's the fork. :rolleyes: :p

-S.S.-

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
SkaredShtles said:
Dude - it's a Rock Shox - it's the fork. :rolleyes: :p

-S.S.-
Doubtful. The Pike has 32mm stanctions and a much burlier chassis than previous RockShox. Hell, the Boxxer isn't exactly known as a "flexy" fork either...

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
stosh said:
That pics is a few weeks old. I took it right when I got it. I photoshop'ed out all the background.
And it's the same photo Iron Horse uses on their web site... You don't have to lie to kick it...

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
SkaredShtles said:
Never having ridden this fork nor touched one in my life, I judge it to be flexy. Just 'cause, you know, that's what my personal prejudice tells me.

-S.S.-
That's what I thought ;)

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
stinkyboy said:
So this is comedy? That is funny!
everybody was well aware that it was a joke. If you checked a few of the threads from this morning you would see people were riding me for a pic of my bike.