Quantcast

Took the lady on her first ever mountain bike ride yesterday....

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
I was a little surprised the other day when she told me put of the blue she wanted to go out and ride with me. She has never been on a mountain bike before and usually just enjoys riding her beach cruiser around. I think she is mainly concerned about crashing and scars. She sees me after some epic spills and I think it dissuades her. Anyway, took her out last night after work to a local spot and just rode some really easy stuff to start to let her get used to the controls. Who knows how much she will get interested in it, but she seemed to enjoy it and was talking about wanting to go again. I don't think she'll be joining me on resort trips any time soon though.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I've been taking Wifey out for rides since late winter. She's a girly-girl of girly-girls, but is still rocking it out. She's had some good falls and scraped up her legs a bit but it never stops her from riding.
It's funny that her gf's always make comments about the scrapes and falls, however she keeps showing them off like battle scar. It's quite amusing.

If she worries about scars on her legs ask her who she is showing off for, because you dig scars. It means she's hardcore and going for it. I would look into getting her a set of good fitting knee/shin guards just in case. She might comment about looking dorky but it will protect her legs.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I've been taking Wifey out for rides since late winter. She's a girly-girl of girly-girls, but is still rocking it out. She's had some good falls and scraped up her legs a bit but it never stops her from riding.
It's funny that her gf's always make comments about the scrapes and falls, however she keeps showing them off like battle scar. It's quite amusing.

If she worries about scars on her legs ask her who she is showing off for, because you dig scars. It means she's hardcore and going for it. I would look into getting her a set of good fitting knee/shin guards just in case. She might comment about looking dorky but it will protect her legs.
given how anal kazlx is about good looking things, like thin TV"s, i'm surprised she isn't decked out in full dainese armor and one of those inflatable emergency safety vests. :busted:

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
Yup.

Yea, she can be girly about stuff but she seems to like it. I told her we can get her shin guards if she wants. She rode a bike I built for a kid since she is roughly the same size and her only real compaint was the saddle.

You look like Nick Swardson.
Thanks..or not...I dunno.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
given how anal kazlx is about good looking things, like thin TV"s, i'm surprised she isn't decked out in full dainese armor and one of those inflatable emergency safety vests. :busted:
She looks good enough by herself :). And girls or tvs...I prefer mine not to stick out 3 feet on the backside ;)

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Yea, she can be girly about stuff but she seems to like it. I told her we can get her shin guards if she wants. She rode a bike I built for a kid since she is roughly the same size and her only real compaint was the saddle.
So you're into kids? That's a little wrong dude.

I would actually just take her to get the armor, even if she fights it. She will need to try it on to get the right size, so it's not like you can surprise her with it either.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
I volunteer for Big Brothers and I built the bike for my little bro. They are about the same height so it worked out. I wasn't about to buy/build her a bike to have her ride it once. I don't think she's anti-armor, so I had just planned on taking her to get some.

And petite is a better long term investment :D

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
so you like the stereotypical white girl pancake ass? ;)
White girls + bike riding = awesome ass. Firm and round, but not booty-tacular.

And can I go on a rant about the new skinny jeans fad that make onion butt? You can have a girl with an awesome put those things on and instantly look like she has the ghetto latina (not the brazillian version) ass. Would you rather see this:

or this:

It's a small difference, but asses have a shape that needs to be focused on. That nice demonstration of the gluteus maximus...

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
And can I go on a rant about the new skinny jeans fad that make onion butt? You can have a girl with an awesome put those things on and instantly look like she has the ghetto latina (not the brazillian version) ass. Would you rather see this

I prefer no pants myself. Granted I know that isn't an acceptable option sometimes.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
direct dial ;)

I assume you took her up the "new" way? OR jsut along the fire roads at the bottom? If I took my wife up the 3-Bs' there would suddenly be a 4th!

:rant:
I hear you on the B's. We just rode the and singletrack on the bottom to start. What's the 'new' way....Chutes B?

MOAR!!!!! pics of the wife
Wifey to be :). We get married in October. I got a good surprise when we had a blind date. Her dad set me up with her.

Iridemtb

Turbo Monkey
Feb 2, 2007
I hear you on the B's. We just rode the and singletrack on the bottom to start. What's the 'new' way....Chutes B?

Wifey to be :). We get married in October. I got a good surprise when we had a blind date. Her dad set me up with her.

Congratulations on the marriage. Nice slam piece fo' sho'.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Congrats man... great that you're out there together. Wish I had better luck getting my woman to bike more.