Quantcast

Tool Nerds, Questions and Tool Snobbery

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
Don't need, won't buy, but kind of want.

@bullcrew you're up :busted:
Yeah I'd buy it for the cool factor..way precision...I do like CNC work and I love precision...it's an art form and when executed right makes me want it...must touch vise!!!!

I have a Wilton tradesman that I've been hammering on for 15 years...son of a bitch is still flawless...(Maybe not precision lol)

My Wilton has
Helped build race cages , suspension, welding, grinding, notching, fixxed a crap ton of misc stuff and handled thousands of shocks, dampers, etc for repair...has a hammer flat that I've used countless times to deform and shape edges, plates and over correct..

Best third hand I've had ..most used single tool I have ever had...

Oh I have so many dirty comments that I'm refraing from, lol that last comment leave it easy to do ..

Last edited:

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Yeah I'd buy it for the cool factor..way precision...I do like CNC work and I love precision...it's an art form and when executed right makes me want it...must touch vise!!!!

I have a Wilton tradesman that I've been hammering on for 15 years...son of a bitch is still flawless...(Maybe not precision lol)

My Wilton has
Helped build race cages , suspension, welding, grinding, notching, fixxed a crap ton of misc stuff and handled thousands of shocks, dampers, etc for repair...has a hammer flat that I've used countless times to deform and shape edges, plates and over correct..

Best third hand I've had ..most used single tool I have ever had...

Oh I have so many dirty comments that I'm refraing from, lol that last comment leave it easy to do ..
I've got a 70's era 1755 that I bought used. Its good, but the base needed replacing as the teeth stripped out so it no longer stays locked. I can still source a base from Wilton but it's $150. Ouch.

If I were doing it over again, I'd spend a little extra for the C series with a more robust base and superior locking mechanism. Some day I'll pony up for an 8" jaw behemoth.

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
I've got a 70's era 1755 that I bought used. Its good, but the base needed replacing as the teeth stripped out so it no longer stays locked. I can still source a base from Wilton but it's $150. Ouch.

If I were doing it over again, I'd spend a little extra for the C series with a more robust base and superior locking mechanism. Some day I'll pony up for an 8" jaw behemoth.
Mines 1755 lol
20241002_155051.jpg

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Damn it, trusty old Subie has had some coolant on the outside of the heads for years.
It started to misfire on cold start, now the gasket on the radiator is leaking, so bought a test kit.
1729563441227.jpeg

I hope the misfire is the 150000km old sparkplugs and the rad leak is just a coincidence.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Phwoar, look at the length of that handle!
That's a vise made for doing stuff.

EDIT- What are the wires coming out of the freezer seal?