Quantcast

Tools at SST

Fromet

Monkey
May 26, 2006
Seattle
Some of our shovels have been "misplaced." If you know where they are please return them to the area where we store the rest of the tools. The location is not a secret but it would be appreciated not to broadcast it on this forum in order to prevent theft. PM's please. If we keep the tools in a common spot we can share them and continue to make improvements to the flow park.

Speaking of which the roller after the new booter is about 80% complete. It's hittable right now but just wait till we finish pimping it out.

Finally, we could always use more tools so if anyone wants to donate some dirt sculpting devices let me know. Old or new we'll put them to good use.

Cheers

bockner

Monkey
Jun 21, 2005
bellevue, wa
Since we all use the park why don't we all chip in one tool each and then its all good.....Fromet what tool do we need the most there and I will hit home depot and bring it out next time I am there.(outside an excavator, anything that requires fuel or a special liscense to operate)

Fromet

Monkey
May 26, 2006
Seattle
what tool do we need the most there...
Spaded shovels are in the highest demand and our rake has been missing for about two weeks. (Mike did you see the rake with the others you mentioned?) I'm glad to hear the some of the tools have been returned, thanks.

On another note, we still have a large tree down blocking the riders top left beginner line. If anyone gets the urge to buzz it up it would be much obliged. If you wanted to be extra nice you could cut them in roughly 4' sections for building material.

Cheers

coiler7

Monkey
May 30, 2005
Kent, WA
u referring to that long tree (trimmed-trunk only) thats been there since the big storm, in the upper section where someone (mark/"Seapig"?) started shaving off w/ their chainsaw lengthwise to make into a high skinny??? :monkey:

Fromet

Monkey
May 26, 2006
Seattle
coiler7 you are close. The first half of the tree (the one thats been shaved) fell a week or two before the second half fell on the line I mentioned. There is another significantly smaller tree that will need to be buzzed as well, 8" diamater or so.

dirtburglar

Chimp
Dec 22, 2006
issyq
coiler7 you are close. The first half of the tree (the one thats been shaved) fell a week or two before the second half fell on the line I mentioned. There is another significantly smaller tree that will need to be buzzed as well, 8" diamater or so.
dude pm

Mike.rider

Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
renton, WA
Spaded shovels are in the highest demand and our rake has been missing for about two weeks. (Mike did you see the rake with the others you mentioned?) I'm glad to hear the some of the tools have been returned, thanks.

On another note, we still have a large tree down blocking the riders top left beginner line. If anyone gets the urge to buzz it up it would be much obliged. If you wanted to be extra nice you could cut them in roughly 4' sections for building material.

Cheers
dident see the rake i heard it broke as well as andy mentioned so a few rakes would be great.

bent^biker

Turbo Monkey
Feb 22, 2006
pdx
seeing as how the man is about to put an end to our building projects, we might have some tools to donate, manual tree saws, and some shovels

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
new dirt rake there today
Being under the impression that you brought it there, THANKS!!!:thumb:

I need to get motivated and get down there arse-earlyish on Friday to try to finish what I started on the top-right line. All the deadfall laying around has given me ideas for the part where it crosses the middle entrance where the small trail gap used to be. Does anybody even know what happened to it? It was just kind of gone all of a sudden.

fuzzycatnuts

Monkey
Dec 14, 2005
I tried to rebuild that gap over the trail, but it was during the summer dry. I think a lot of people rolled it or breaked on it and distroyed it. I was thinking a nice roller there, but if someone resurected the jump again that would be cool too. I think some of the rocks are still sitting there on the side of it.

Thanks for the rake, a very important tool :).

Eren

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2006
mill creek, WA (now in Surrey UK)
I tried to rebuild that gap over the trail, but it was during the summer dry. I think a lot of people rolled it or breaked on it and distroyed it. I was thinking a nice roller there, but if someone resurected the jump again that would be cool too. I think some of the rocks are still sitting there on the side of it.

Thanks for the rake, a very important tool :).
that little jump was hellla fun! :)

Fromet

Monkey
May 26, 2006
Seattle
That jump is all kinds of techy now, its more of a bunny hop than a jump. Build the lip up and move it back a foot.

bent^biker

Turbo Monkey
Feb 22, 2006
pdx
i vote for a roller and building up the berm so you don't have to brake check so much if you want to turn left instead.

Eren

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2006
mill creek, WA (now in Surrey UK)
and i'll even help build it after the wrestling season is over
why not go over the weekend and build? you said you wanted to ride, why not build AND ride?

i vote for a roller and building up the berm so you don't have to brake check so much if you want to turn left instead.
just dont be a ****ing pussy. you dont need to brake check, lay the bike down, hill style :)

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
Yeah, I miss that jump. To go left off that one, you just toss the bike that way as you're taking off and it's silky-smooth...well, it was at least.
I was actually thinking of taking some of the deadwood and building up the area where the slab is and have a small drop-off instead of a gap. Not a bridge drop but use the wood and rocks for filler. Any thoughts?

Mike - I've been around. Just easing up on the reigns a little to recover from this past spring/summer/fall. Been a high-impact one in comparison to years gone by.