Quantcast

toosday gfmt.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Almost two hours of Duolingo at 3:00 AM, my ‘biorhythms’ are all outta wack.
But hey, I can tell you “Your cat is sleeping on the gym bag with the keys” in Portuguese.
Sort of.

Im sure whomever I said that to would just wince and say “WHAT?” In English or Spanish.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Cold. But nothing us Quebecois can't handle.

One last week of this winter bullshit.

Did some prepping on the van by building a sleeping plateform for princess dog. Adding a storage box for an extra 5 gallons jug, and installing a 80-20 track for my new fork mounts.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Cold here too with snow on the ground. Most wintery winter in a while. Nice to have a fireplace/oven to fight the cold.

I got a message from the interview I did last week today that I did not get the job. I was not surprised. Never really was able to engage in a dialogue with the hiring manager. So I can now go 100% in on the CEO job. I need to find extra work on the side but I am sure I can make that happen too plus I am not forced to do it either. All in all I am happy about the situation and really enjoying the freedom and piece of mind it gives me.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
appears we got about 4" of snow. kids school is closed, but is a "flex" day, meaning they have some online assignments. my office is closed, so WFH.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
installed our new microwave over the weekend, but something went awry and the thing isn't level. Works OK, but it leans out a bit. Calling a handyman because I'm tapping out- I think it will require some cabinet sanding/hacking and I spent like 6 hours trying to get it in at this point (there's one for the no context thread).

Also bought some faucets over the weekend, but I'm not sure I'm up to replacing the drain pipe as well, as that may require P-trap removal and gluing PVC is also outside of my skillset.

Got this going for me though

IMG_4485.jpeg

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
installed our new microwave over the weekend, but something went awry and the thing isn't level. Works OK, but it leans out a bit. Calling a handyman because I'm tapping out- I think it will require some cabinet sanding/hacking and I spent like 6 hours trying to get it in at this point (there's one for the no context thread).

Also bought some faucets over the weekend, but I'm not sure I'm up to replacing the drain pipe as well, as that may require P-trap removal and gluing PVC is also outside of my skillset.

Got this going for me though

View attachment 206426
It seems to be missing a few parts. Something important...cant quite put my finger on it yet...

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Cancelled all my meetings but didn't cancel the class I'm teaching on budgeting. That's going to impact way more people than a couple of 1-1 meetings.

I accidentally found that a senior advisor position was listed on Friday. I was in the HR website for something totally different and decided to see if there were any CFP positions, but wanted to cross-check the base comp range vs. my current role when I found it. I talked to the next most senior guy on the team - he's 27 and relies on me a lot for information, but crushed his sales numbers this year. Apparently our VP had called him last month, told him that it was coming, and to apply. We're assuming because he had told management that he was leaving if they didn't give him a notable raise.

They are now going to be in an ugly catch-22 position. Give him the promotion and keep him, though he'll likely leave at eoy when he gets his CFP or give me the promotion and raise, keep your most senior and tenured person (by years) for the entire Colorado sales and plan relationship groups, and one of the most consistent sales people (always at or well above sales goals). This will be about 10% for me vs. 30% for him to get to the same spot on the range. I will likely continue to stay long-term with it; you can't quite say the same about the young guy. If I get skipped, I will be doing a whopping 0% more than I am currently doing and once I spin off my extra plans, I will not be putting the time into my other plans. I have this creeping feeling that Sr. Management will only see his numbers this year and assume he can double goals every year going forward. I've done that 2 of the last 3 years - it's impossible once you've saturated you're client base. I might really have to start putting in all that extra effort on getting into a CFP position.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
the thing isn't level. Works OK, but it leans out a bit. Calling a handyman because I'm tapping out- I think it will require some cabinet sanding
It seems to be missing a few parts. Something important...cant quite put my finger on it yet...
you clearly need moar shimz

sheesh

/me is in house at the hospital today, 7-4 reading inpatients. co-workers covered all my assigned work for me yesterday as I drove through the blizzard (and then through the post-blizzard tunnel traffic).

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

17* is less than ideal, we are not doing walkies in this. Basically no snow has melted due to temps and freezing rain is expected later today in case things weren't shitty enough. I'm staying home, I should have stayed in bed, damn.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
heater was out last night, house was 38* when I got home. pipes all frozen but nothing cracked (fingers crossed) defrosting the house now, making chili to help speed the warming of the kitchen.
#dislike
#like

gonefirefightin

free wieners
You shall not pass!

uhual still undriveable in the driveway, roads are still shit, making up more shit to do on the house since there is no other option.

in other news,

The Milwaukee propex tool is becoming the biggest time saver of tools, will still keep my pex B tools n stuff for RV use but propex is the way to go.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

Hmm, in the past two weeks I have been assigned two critical to business projects, both of which are considered development projects. I have never worked on the development side. This will be...fun?

Guess it's time to dig in and find out wtf I'm now involved in.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I spoke too soon. Pipe burst in the garage, flooded everything. Water is off, awaiting emergency plumber guy to save the day.
:disgust1: fuck.
that sucks

if you need to hole up somewhere else and the gf's house isn't convenient for getting work done you're welcome to hang with my fam. we've got teh fast internets. plus my kids are entertaining