Quantcast

toosday gfmt.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
It's 27* and they have pushed the rain until 4. Looks great outside currently, besides the whole 27* situation.

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
Aren’t you in Florida ? They sold those things in tourist traps that we visited as a kid. Seems like you should be able to buy one fairly easily but I can appreciate the DYI attitude.
The one time I saw a real one for sale is was $20K and it was all hush hush. I didn't handle it but it didn't even look like a good one. From what I understand you slit along the back and peel forward. Scrape it clean on the inside. Stitch the eyes and mouth. Then you pour heated sand into the skin repeatedly to dry and shrink it. When you get it shrunk, put a bit of stuffing in it and finish stitching. They use some herbs so some kind of antimicrobial treatment. Maybe just a bit of salt and sodium benzoate would keep it from stinking too bad and tipping off the wife.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
The one time I saw a real one for sale is was $20K and it was all hush hush. I didn't handle it but it didn't even look like a good one. From what I understand you slit along the back and peel forward. Scrape it clean on the inside. Stitch the eyes and mouth. Then you pour heated sand into the skin repeatedly to dry and shrink it. When you get it shrunk, put a bit of stuffing in it and finish stitching. They use some herbs so some kind of antimicrobial treatment. Maybe just a bit of salt and sodium benzoate would keep it from stinking too bad and tipping off the wife.
That's weird. I could have sworn they said the heads were boiled in something. But what do I know, it was the 70s.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
sounds like somebody doesn't need wikihow afterall!

gonefirefightin

free wieners
IMG_3021.jpeg

removed the old nasty utility sink, moved all the plumbing, drain pipe and new sink to the corner and lined the walls with a couple sheets of FRP, replaced the old drywall, tape and texture is done and drying

propex makes life so much easier and faster, think I might get the Milwaukee M18 propex tool as well and completely be done with all PVC and ABS for good. Running drain lines with the 1.5” propex would be amazeballs.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
Well, now he calls himself an ‘artiste’, and will crack your tablet screen into a beautiful image for $119.47 on his Etsy store.
I know, I know, ‘$119.47’ is an oddly precise price, but hey, I’ll let his freak flag fly high.
I had a bird dog pup for less than 15 min and it ate my wallet with $700 in it while I was getting gas

Named it cash

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Our neighbor in Victor had a cat named Shithead. He loved that cat, he loved full pint glasses of Seagram’s 7, and damn did he love calling for that cat to come in at 2:00 am.
Sometimes there would by accompanying gunfire into the night Sky.
That dude was fucking awesome.