Quantcast

Toosderp GMT

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
1000 yards at the pool this morning. 10 x 100 yards. I could only do 25 yards at a time (one pool length) a month ago. Gotta love how quickly the gains come when learning something new.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
It's green inside. Must be extra fancy to match those rims.

I rode in to work today. With rain in the forecast the rest of the week and no fenders on the 29er I think this'll be the last day until perhaps Monday.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Ride night!

Random question, but how do you guys meet people to ride with? Although naturally a loner, sometimes I do actually like to ride with other people. I tried putting up a M4M post on Craiglist but didn't get the kinds of rides I was looking for.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
As much as it pains me to say it - the FR MTBR forum is a good place to find group-type rides.

Your side of town hook up with BadAndy. He's good people.

You could allways track down Full Trucker too - he is fun to ride with.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
That is his new bike. Alloy is the only material that comes in ano green, dontchya know?
This. My vanity for color matched bars outweighed my vanity for having expensive crabon bars.

Ride night!

Random question, but how do you guys meet people to ride with? Although naturally a loner, sometimes I do actually like to ride with other people. I tried putting up a M4M post on Craiglist but didn't get the kinds of rides I was looking for.
Tuesdays are race car night for me, all other nights / mornings are generally open. Ditto what SS said about the FR MTBR forum being a good place to meet people for riding partners. Also ditto what 'Squeeb said about asking to shuttle Apex... people do love that trail. Otherwise I've seen lots of JeffCo and Denver area Meetup groups as well.

Most of the people I ride with these days are either folks I've met through other friends in Golden, people I used to race with/against, or folks that I met on T.I.T.S. (Today Is Thursday, Sweet!) rides which were organized through MTBR. Honestly, I ride with the T.I.T.S. crew most often, they're my homies and some of my best friends at the moment.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Thanks for the suggestions. Now that I work in Lakewood I think the T.I.T.S rides are a bit more manageable. I'll try to hook up with some of those crews.

And as blasphemous as it may sound, I'm not big on shuttling. I'd rather ride to the top, as painful as it may be.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Thanks for the suggestions. Now that I work in Lakewood I think the T.I.T.S rides are a bit more manageable. I'll try to hook up with some of those crews.
Yes - hook up with these guys. They are a fun crew.
And as blasphemous as it may sound, I'm not big on shuttling. I'd rather ride to the top, as painful as it may be.
Heh. I'm not "big on shuttling" either, but if someone is driving... I'll hitch a ride. :D

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
I still can't believe you didn't go with purple ano. :disgust1:
Only because it wasn't available. Sorta.

It only takes one big shuttled high country ride to realize that you're still climbing to the top.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
@Full Trucker full bike picture please before it got destroyed!
The good news is, only the end of the bar and the left grip were destroyed. Bar was ground down ~5mm or so, and I was planning on narrowing them a bit anyways. Cut ~7mm of each side today and back in action as soon as I get a new set of grips. But certainly happy to reply with a gratuitous photo repost from a couple of GMTs from the last few days:

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Err... perhaps.

Or Copper to Camp Hale.

Or Snow Mese to Miner's Creek.

Or even The Whole Enchilada...

I'm such a lazy bastard.
Or Mag 7 with a Portal exit.

Although technically 'The Whole Enchilada' is a looped ride from town, I think you're referring to the shuttled ride 'Burro Down' but that's just splitting hairs really. And yes, you are a lazy bastard.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
It's this funky hatchback mounted rack with a tray the bike sites on and an arm that swings down and clamps on to the top tube to stabilize the bike. This one:

See the little pincher things on the upper arms? That assembly came loose and dropped my bike. Fortunately, the wheels were captured so it was still attached and kept the entire bike from hitting the ground. Since the bars are ridiculously wide even by #enduro standards, the end of the bar was the only thing that hit the ground.