Quantcast

** Toots **

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Good morning, pretties. It's a cold and snowy morning, but I got out for a 7 mile run before the snow gets too bad. Still plenty of slickness on the roads, but I am glad I got that done. XC ski planned post-work this afternoon.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
We have a whole week of staying below freezing night and day. I think its good to get rid of invasive plants etc and fight some bugs that have had it too easy for a while. I am happy I have a fireplace which is just better at really heating up the house. I should have enough firewood to last me through the worst cold that will taper off over the weekend. I actually have a tree I hope to be able to take down that cover all I need for next year.

Wingnut

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2003
Sorry, I'm Canadian ..sorry...
Here.

Just made it, pushed my luck on the gas needle due to the temps... stalled at the pump.

Coffee is hot, saved a bit of cash on teh weekend thanks to the cold too. Bundled Netflix and Prime into my cable.

Hot dog farts today, not so great....

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Slow day, so I can mostly work on employee outreach. Hannah moves to preschool today.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Here.

Just made it, pushed my luck on the gas needle due to the temps... stalled at the pump.

Coffee is hot, saved a bit of cash on teh weekend thanks to the cold too. Bundled Netflix and Prime into my cable.

Hot dog farts today, not so great....
:eek:. Timing it so you run completely out of fuel as you pull up to the pump, impressive.

Though I'm also guessing you know doing that on the regular is most assuredly not good practice. :D

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
One time my dad ran out of gas on a bridge going into East Boston (crest) and coasted down the bottom right into the gas station.

Or so he told me when I was a kid and we lived there. Could have been a typical white lie to make himself sound badass like I always do to my kid. Can confirm geography of said location makes sense for such a feat, though.

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
:eek:. Timing it so you run completely out of fuel as you pull up to the pump, impressive.

Though I'm also guessing you know doing that on the regular is most assuredly not good practice. :D
many years ago i coasted my truck into a gas station in the middle of nowhere in pennsyltucky. i had to push it the last 10 feet.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
many years ago i coasted my truck into a gas station in the middle of nowhere in pennsyltucky. i had to push it the last 10 feet.
i should also note this was in the days before smartphones and before GPS units were even really prevalent. so i was kinda driving blind and going only off highway signs.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Moving day! I have 1 monitor, keyboard, mouse, and a docking station I need to put in a box to be relocated at the new digs. The new office location adds about 10 minutes to my commute, but with any luck, I will continue to WFH as long as I stay sane.

Wingnut

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2003
Sorry, I'm Canadian ..sorry...

Yeah, I avoid it if possible. Car had a bad level sender, then I found out the previous owner ran something over and the tank is dented up right where the sending unit sits, so if the needle says 1/4 tank left, it's beyond empty....

I'm running on the Odo, but still not too sure where empty is..

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
I am working today. Rolled in at 10 AM since I'm on outpatient CT/MR (and some random ultrasounds, too), so that's kosher.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Zero attendees showed up to our ultra critical mega super really important zoom meeting today, not even the guy who scheduled it showed up. Customer's team has now missed 7 meetings since this project kicked off in December, starting to think they're not taking their own deadlines seriously.

Outside of that, woke up at 3:30 and I think I've found the limit of Espresso's magical powers.