DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
7:54am 14/06/2022
Morning.
Just having the morning coffee.
Surgery day at last for Gus!
Needs to have teeth removed, he's not been a happy pup while he's been waiting for this.
I'm already pre cringing in anticipation of the bill, I can't imaging doggy dental surgery isn't going to be cheap. Vet couldn't give me more of a ball park than "oh more than a thousand.... depends on how many have to come out".

He should be entertainingly stoned when I come back to pick him up from the vet this afternoon.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
you don't have universal doggy health care?!

what kind of cruel nation are you

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
7:54am 14/06/2022
Morning.
Just having the morning coffee.
Surgery day at last for Gus!
Needs to have teeth removed, he's not been a happy pup while he's been waiting for this.
I'm already pre cringing in anticipation of the bill, I can't imaging doggy dental surgery isn't going to be cheap. Vet couldn't give me more of a ball park than "oh more than a thousand.... depends on how many have to come out".

He should be entertainingly stoned when I come back to pick him up from the vet this afternoon.
Our Yorkie had to have most of her teeth removed, and it set us back ~$1,600 USD.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Finally booked all my summer vacation. 20 days around Europe. Annecy/Alps, Barcelona, Calella/beach, Varsailles/Paris where we will celebrate wife’s 50. Company car so free gas FTW.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
what i don't understand is why his text doesn't appear upside down
The forum software uses the sensors in your phone to measure the coriolis effect to identify your hemisphere location and corrects accordingly. Everything goes sideways if you are on the equator.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I was asked to service a 1994 Specialized Future Shock Fork that has never been serviced. I said no. I could not service it. It can't be serviced. That is my opinion.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
I was asked to service a 1994 Specialized Future Shock Fork that has never been serviced. I said no. I could not service it. It can't be serviced. That is my opinion.
A friend of mine has a Specialized Enduro from the year they did their own forks. Had never been serviced so a couple of years ago I offered to do it. It had no oil in it. None. It was bone dry. Luckily he hadn’t ridden it that much and it came out of the service working pretty well, but.. QC much?

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
So it turns out that what the vet thought was a tooth problem is not.
Gus has an aggressive tumor, it's growing very rapidly and due to it's size/location & Gus's age they can't do anything about it.
I'm going to go pick him up now and give him the best last few days I possibly can.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
So it turns out that what the vet thought was a tooth problem is not.
Gus has an aggressive tumor, it's growing very rapidly and due to it's size/location & Gus's age they can't do anything about it.
I'm going to go pick him up now and give him the best last few days I possibly can.
doggo nooooooooo

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
Poor Gus-dog, give him a steak and some ear scratches for me. Fucking cancer
Yeah been a shit few months.... Leukemia took mum in August.
Got Gus on pain meds and he's booked in for the final visit to the Vet next wednesday.
I'll bury him up the hill by the Cabin and crack open that last bottle of Tokyo Dark Horizon and spend the night up there.
But tomorrow knees be damned he's going for one of the bike rides he loved so much.
Thursday I'll take him to his fav beach.