Quantcast

>). Tootstay .(<

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Had a pretty fucky weekend but here we go again.

Got a wave from a fella in a GTV6 while I was out in the giulia the other day. that was neat.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Anybody got a Fox Float RP23 in decent shape kicking around? Asking for a friend...
I have one in 7.875x2.25" from my old Banshee Spitfire.

It has Vorsprung's Corset air sleeve on it. Also still have the original sleeve.

I believe I also have a seal kit for it...somewhere.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Still have not watched or spoiled the mens World Champs race from Sunday. Going to put that on one of my monitors here at work and listen in the background.

And then try to do this work thing....

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
2nd psychiatrist visit. Probably will get diagnosed with ADD today (real one not "my child is acting out") so that's good.

The bad is my trip to Munich got canceled. Also no one in this city can service bikes. It's a 2.5m People city yet most bike services don't touch gear that's older than 5 years. What's the point of them anyway?

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Still have not watched or spoiled the mens World Champs race from Sunday. Going to put that on one of my monitors here at work and listen in the background.

And then try to do this work thing....
Brendan fairclough does not come in 30th! Major spoiler! And Danny Hart does not come in fifth!

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
power outage last week fried the modem, apparently. went and picked up a new one. cable lady offered faster speeds at same price. promised bot an intro rate. suspicious but accepted. we shall see.

coffee needs to kick in. i was dragging this AM.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Got home at 1am. Woke at 6am and have been half awake since then. Nothing will be accomplished today.

roflbox

roflborx
Jan 23, 2017
Raleigh, NC
power outage last week fried the modem, apparently. went and picked up a new one. cable lady offered faster speeds at same price. promised bot an intro rate. suspicious but accepted. we shall see.

coffee needs to kick in. i was dragging this AM.
the lizurds have you just where they want you

OHOOHOHOHOHOHOHHOOHOHOHOHOHO

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Sometimes one must make a life or death decision during a ride. During this morning's commute I made such a decision, and elected to pull over and take a shit at trailside.

It was the right decision. I was riding super slow prior to that trying to temporize. (Apparently my bowels are on a fixed schedule and didn't appreciate me being on the bike an hour earlier than normal to get to work ~7 AM.)

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
Sometimes one must make a life or death decision during a ride. During this morning's commute I made such a decision, and elected to pull over and take a shit at trailside.

It was the right decision. I was riding super slow prior to that trying to temporize. (Apparently my bowels are on a fixed schedule and didn't appreciate me being on the bike an hour earlier than normal to get to work ~7 AM.)
I hate when my bowels and the rest of my body fail to communicate. You get ready to leave the house, contemplate the pre-ride movement..... Nothing. You decide to start your journey, then BAM! Its a game changer

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
the labor day rundown:

friday - half day in the office, no boss. left after lunch to ride. awesome 15 mile ride. came home, hung with wife and kids, had wings, chilled in hot tub

saturday - we all slept in. kids swim lesson, and last trip to the outdoor pool for the season (the gym we belong to has both indoor and outdoor pools). lunch, kids nap, got some chores done (hot tub cleaning & chemicals, stacked firewood), then neighborhood block party. was a great time. they closed off the cul de sac around the corner from us, so it was walking distance. heard it was over 120 people, and 60% kids. my kids were surprisingly well behaved, took my son a bit to find his groove (he's not used to being around THAT many kids), but he had a blast. our daughter ran out of gas before he did, so wife took her home (maybe around 8). drank a bunch of beers, kegs were kicked by 9pm but some folks planned ahead and additional coolers of beer were revealed. best quote from my son "I love nighttime!" came home, he went straight to bed. hit the shed and hot tub then i promptly passed out.

sunday - woke up a little fuzzy, nothing that a double espresso couldn't fix. packed up the kids and swim stuff, headed to my aunts to spend the day swimming in her pool. kids had a blast (again). grilled some brats, drank a notably smaller quantity of beers, swam more. headed home. grabbed pizza on the way home so we wouldn't have to go out again, and didn't have to cook. pizza and movie night with the kids. all of us in bed early.

monday - woke up to a chore from wifey, had to get home depot box truck to obtain a chain cabinet that she found on fb marketplace. it was super close, but it decided to rain torrentially as i was on my way to get it. got soaked, but the furniture was fine. dropped it off, returned truck, cleaned grill then got a brisket smoking. did minor chores throughout the day, then said F it, watched the world champs replay, had beers and wings (tossed some that i'd been marinating on the grill with the brisket, so those got smoked and were fall off the bone delicious). brisket took longer than anticipated, but no biggie. more beers, brisket.

today is my son's first day of preschool, he is quite excited. gotta start packing for snowshoe. hey @jstuhlman are we trying to plan a menu or what?

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Sweet jeebus, that's far too long for a gmt post

CN: tl;dr

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Back to work to find my 'leadership' has scheduled 12 fucking meetings per week to review open issues. Bullshit.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Big interview day, very stoked. Had a productive woodworking weekend getting a ton of stuff knocked out. Will spend the morning prepping for the new gig.

Aviation Network Automation Engineer just sounds so fucking cool. They almost wouldn't have to pay me, just let me do the things.

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
Mildly sore after bombing 6000' of Mt Hood moondust yesterday. This was the first time riding something besides "the local trails" in years. I really need ride a wider variety of trails...

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Holy shnikies! The last few days went like this:
Rode Cement Creek/Crystal Peak/Star Pass/400/ Block &Tackle/Cement Creek. A+++++++++++ride. In fact, my new favorite.

Rode UP Deadmans Gulch, up Cement Mountain, across Rosebud and back down Deadmans Gulch. Again, SUPERB ride.

Rode up Walrod Cutoff trail, up 409 to Overlook, down 409.5, up To and then down Strand Hill, back up 409 and down Walrod Cutoff.
I'm beat, but the best 3 days of riding.

Dirtrider

noah
May 2, 2006
Asheville, NC
Dentist this morning. All good and I decided to “WFH” the rest of the day. Legs are tired from three days of riding this weekend. How shall I remedy this? Maybe another ride today.