Quantcast

>). Tootstay .(<

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Aviation Network Automation Engineer just sounds so fucking cool. They almost wouldn't have to pay me, just let me do the things.
Does that mean you're in charge of plugging the drones in to charge them up? :D
Holy shnikies! The last few days went like this:
Rode Cement Creek/Crystal Peak/Star Pass/400/ Block &Tackle/Cement Creek. A+++++++++++ride. In fact, my new favorite.
I'd said it was a good one :)
the FTS-meter is pinned at 100% today.
Mine broke on Thursday after a 19 hour day.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I might actually refinance here. Scrub $100 off my monthly for a negligible upfront cost which I can turn around to invest and save $25k in interest on the back-end. It's the little things that make me happy.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
I might actually refinance here. Scrub $100 off my monthly for a negligible upfront cost which I can turn around to invest and save $25k in interest on the back-end. It's the little things that make me happy.
What rate/term to what? Through which outfit?

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
What rate/term to what? Through which outfit?
3.875 > 3.375 on holding a 30yr. I'm 2 into a 30, so negligible change. 25yr will be same oop, but then I don't position for forward growth on investment of saved money. With a rate that low, paying off early makes no sense when you can take the spread.

Costco Mtge actually. Drops the lender fees way down, which is the big value-add there.

edit: Just got another estimate w/ a $155/m drop, closing $200 less, potentially $700 if they can get appraisal waived because I just got it done <2yrs ago. I like using other people's money, especially when it's cheap.

Last edited:

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
3.875 > 3.375 on holding a 30yr. I'm 2 into a 30, so negligible change. 25yr will be same oop, but then I don't position for forward growth on investment of saved money. With a rate that low, paying off early makes no sense when you can take the spread.

Costco Mtge actually. Drops the lender fees way down, which is the big value-add there.

edit: Just got another estimate w/ a $155/m drop, closing $200 less, potentially $700 if they can get appraisal waived because I just got it done <2yrs ago. I like using other people's money, especially when it's cheap.
I just got a quote for 3.5 over 30. Almost free money these days.

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001

I just got a quote for 3.5 over 30. Almost free money these days.
I have to look into this in a few months after hopefully another 0.25% drop in the prime rate. I'm also at 3.875% x 30 years, just shy of 4 years in.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

Goes and Google's Costco mortgage

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
Goes and Google's Costco mortgage
They're just a broker and connect you to 3rd party vendors with special deals. Back when I was mortgage shopping initially in 2015 they were the best non-doctor loan place. (As it turned out I went for the 90% LTV -1 point special myself.)

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
They're just a broker and connect you to 3rd party vendors with special deals. Back when I was mortgage shopping initially in 2015 they were the best non-doctor loan place. (As it turned out I went for the 90% LTV -1 point special myself.)
Right now I'm not actively pursuing it. Other events that have yet to transpire may render it a moot point.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
Relaxed, floated around in the pool and cooked multiple times. Took the offspring to Legoland on Saturday. Played machinerer and made shiny stuff for @mandown and his rope and hook friends. Played XBox, worked a couple easy OT shifts and otherwise just hung out with the family and shirked most responsibility for 4 days. It was nice.

Attachments

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Relaxed, floated around in the pool and cooked multiple times. Took the offspring to Legoland on Saturday. Played machinerer and made shiny stuff for @mandown and his rope and hook friends. Played XBox, worked a couple easy OT shifts and otherwise just hung out with the family and shirked most responsibility for 4 days. It was nice.
It’s gonna get used.
Thanks so much for that.
Round 2. FIGHT!

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
We're not all old enough or have grown up in the generation when you could have paid off a home in five years on basic blue collar wages
we could if there hadn't been a cultural shift to convince us we need homes that are ridiculous in size and luxury compared to what even our parents typically grew up in. not saying i'm not guilty too...

that said, we went to a 15 @2.75 maybe 7 or 8 years back...

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Am i the only one who hates IPAs? If its not a stout or porter i will take a trash lager any day. Ales i dont mind. But i rarely desire one
You mean you are growing tired of the constant pissing war to make the most over the top IPA that tastes like gasoline?

Abbey/Trappist is where it’s at for me, much more complex rich flavors.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I can say it went as good as I could have hoped for. If I get a call in a few days, I will know if it was good enough. If I am not perfect for this gig, I want to meet the person who is.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
we could if there hadn't been a cultural shift to convince us we need homes that are ridiculous in size and luxury compared to what even our parents typically grew up in. not saying i'm not guilty too...

that said, we went to a 15 @2.75 maybe 7 or 8 years back...
I don’t want a huge house. Even a small house is a ridiculous amount of money in any place where people actually want to live.