Quantcast

TOOZday GMT

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
@I Are Baboon not a bad time but I would still rather do a 3 hour mtb ride :) My friends wife just did Hamburg Marathon in 2.55 last week scary fast.

Will soon need a new rear tire. Side wall is wearing out quicker than threads. Tires are damn expensive.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle

3:16:02. And I'll buy the pics as soon as they are all available as I have in the past, so don't give me any shit about posting that.

Nice work. You look like you are having a lot of fun accomplishing things. Of course you are having fun, you are in New Jersey!

All kidding aside, nice work.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
@I Are Baboon not a bad time but I would still rather do a 3 hour mtb ride :) My friends wife just did Hamburg Marathon in 2.55 last week scary fast.

Will soon need a new rear tire. Side wall is wearing out quicker than threads. Tires are damn expensive.
I have a mountain king whose sidewalls look fucking terrible, and has for a long time. Still holds air, which is the point. Ride it until it breaks, just carry an extra tube and a boot.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Nice job there Babs! You look a little tired. Also ... gloves?
45 degrees at the start of the race, and I simply cannot tolerate having cold hands. Also gave me something to wipe snot on. My plan was to toss the gloves when my hands got warm, but as the race progressed I decided to just leave them on. This pic is steps before the finish line. BTW I felt pukey the entire race and I fully expected I'd hurl and/or completely fall apart due to sickness. I managed to hold it together though.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
45 degrees at the start of the race, and I simply cannot tolerate having cold hands. Also gave me something to wipe snot on. My plan was to toss the gloves when my hands got warm, but as the race progressed I decided to just leave them on. This pic is steps before the finish line. BTW I felt pukey the entire race and I fully expected I'd hurl and/or completely fall apart due to sickness. I managed to hold it together though.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Moment of baby-Zen from Sunday:

Capture by my wife after I set things up.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
I have a mountain king whose sidewalls look fucking terrible, and has for a long time. Still holds air, which is the point. Ride it until it breaks, just carry an extra tube and a boot.
A boot?

I am not too nervous about it but at the same time it good to be a little ahead too when I have time to look into options.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
A boot?

I am not too nervous about it but at the same time it good to be a little ahead too when I have time to look into options.
A boot to hold a tube in the tire in case there is a massive side-wall blowout. Dollar Bills work well as do a few cliff bar wrappers. Duck tape applied to the inside of the tire also can work if you can get a reasonably clean surface.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
A boot to hold a tube in the tire in case there is a massive side-wall blowout. Dollar Bills work well as do a few cliff bar wrappers. Duck tape applied to the inside of the tire also can work if you can get a reasonably clean surface.
Yes, I should have plenty of stuff that can be use to get me home if it happens. Plus I am currently not running tubeless.

Thank you for the info on your tire it a long time ago I ran Continental tires after many years on Maxxis.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning (barely) Monkeys.

Found out my "Nov to Jan" window for the next release became Nov 24th hard date out the door. Normally I wouldn't sweat it, but I told them I needed 2-3 months. So far we are 2 months behind do to hardware issues, so its starting to look more like 1-2 months. Yay. I have had little to do since November of last year, now I get to sit on my hands a few more months until BAM!

Nice work IAB. I still hate running, I will avoid it unless being chased.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Morning (barely) Monkeys.

Found out my "Nov to Jan" window for the next release became Nov 24th hard date out the door. Normally I wouldn't sweat it, but I told them I needed 2-3 months. So far we are 2 months behind do to hardware issues, so its starting to look more like 1-2 months. Yay. I have had little to do since November of last year, now I get to sit on my hands a few more months until BAM!
Make sure to have your new gig lined up JUST before the "BAM"...

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Some of those sample credit cards that come with a generous APR of 29.99% make excellent sidewall patches. They are thinner and more flexible than a regular credit card. You can't tear them.

Old NORBA licenses were perfect for this back in the day. Well until you had to register anyway...

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Woke up in the hospital. Was throwing up for four hours straight, sent me into first stages of excited delerium. Apparently I stooped breathing a good dozen times on the way. Also seems when I woke up I was fighting as well, I almost punched the help when I had no idea what was happening

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Woke up in the hospital. Was throwing up for four hours straight, sent me into first stages of excited delerium. Apparently I stooped breathing a good dozen times on the way. Also seems when I woke up I was fighting as well, I almost punched the help when I had no idea what was happening
wtf?! what the hell brought this on?! you must be better now caus' your sentence was coherent.... glad to hear it.