Quantcast

Top 100 American Beers Link

DirtyDog

Gang probed by the Golden Banana
Aug 2, 2005
I prefer lists compiled by critics rather than the public. People seem to be easily swayed by whats trendy or local. Like PBR for example.

DirtyDog

Gang probed by the Golden Banana
Aug 2, 2005
Screw you. PBR is neither trendy, nor local (or available) here. I still like it.
You are officially full of it. If I did a blind taste test against a bunch of crappy beers, you wouldn't even know the difference.

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
Am I the only person who hates IPAs?
Nope. I can't stand most American IPAs. There are even some pales out there with more bitterness than some IPAs. I love the taste and smell of hops, but there comes a point where I'm left wondering why some of these breweries don't save some money and just sell hopped water. It's not like you can taste any of the malt. :blah:

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
With any public review system, the 4.5 star rule seems to apply. Most people who buy a product know they like it, like it enough to advocate it and rate it highly, but there are always one or two who hate it enough to be bothered to slate it. This brings down the average to around 4 or 4.5... It seems most products submitted for public review end up like this once enough people rate them.