Quantcast

Top BMX street riders these days kinda make the urban freeriders look pretty weak

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
bmx riders are farther down the evolutionary scale. they still have opposable toes. some still speak only in grunts. yet somehow some of them manage to get that eyeliner on FLAWLESSLY.

that gap is SICK. bmx is always and will always be about 10 steps ahead of urban/street mtb on the gnar scale.

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
everytime that sequence comes up, I sit and stare at it. that is craziness. the landing is so sketch...between the two parked cars at the bottom of the tranny. i have heard that the run-up was pretty sketchy too.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
Are we just realizing this now, i hang out with a few local bmx pro's and they blow my mind, im trying to get them on 26" wheels right now so they can compete in some slope stiiiiiiiiile...

Alfred

Monkey
Jul 27, 2006
I Are Baboon said:
I would totally huck off the house if she'd let me.
With all the home improvements she already has to do, I am sure she is just reluctant to take on laundry and cooking too while you are in traction. ;)

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Man, that is huge.

BMX pushes mountain AND moto. It's a smaller bike and twice as buff as any hardtail.

BMX'ers don't wear lids. Next you'll want fixies to install a brake or something, sheesh.

j/k

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
And not that it helps, but my guess is anything short of a DOT lid would have little affect on a fall from that size of a gap to street. I would still wear one, but that's me.

scurban

Turbo Monkey
Jul 11, 2004
SC
Why is everyone so concerned with him not wearing a lid? He know's the risk he's taking, he's an adult. Seriously, who looks at this stuff that is super insaine, mentions nothing of monster huck shown, and says "man he really should have a helmet on" ? ?

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
scurban said:
Why is everyone so concerned with him not wearing a lid? He know's the risk he's taking, he's an adult. Seriously, who looks at this stuff that is super insaine, mentions nothing of monster huck shown, and says "man he really should have a helmet on" ? ?
he's put himself in the hospital real bad more then once. he more then knows the risk. he's even been on Real TV.....

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
scurban said:
Well the fact is, a dude on a bike could save a school bus full of kids from exploding, but if he wasn't wearing a helmet, that's all you'd hear about. :D

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
scurban said:

Because he should?

There are a lot of kids that ride down at our local jumps without lids, and i'm sorry if i'm cynical, but I'm not gonna feel bad for them when they crack their heads. Its just plain stupid to ride without some form of protective gear.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
scurban said:
My son went off a loading dock and hung up on the way down. The force of the impact would have killed him, but becuase he was on my bike, I made him wear a helmet. He split the ProTec he had on and it still cost me $1200 in stiches.

I could care less if this dude wears a lid on his time. But when he is being featured in pictures, or videos, or anything where he is in public view, I would rather him set an example for others who someone might give a crap about (like my son).

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
But its up to parents to educate their kids to be above the hype. Sounds like you did the right thing and now you kid learned an important lesson.