Votes: 15 27.8%
  • Bad

Votes: 31 57.4%

• Total voters

spocomptonrider

sportin' the CROCS
Nov 30, 2007
spokanistan
A complete bomb, wooden interview's bad plots, taking funny things that TopGear UK did and somehow making them not funny. The one episode I thought was ok was the used car sales episodes, the rest were awful.

I wanted to like it, the potential was there but I watched all of the episodes and was not impressed. Especially with the ridiculous Alaska episode out of all of them that one had potential to be the coolest but then they went and turned it into comedy hour by building a log cabin on the back of one truck, making a circus cage out of another and a skating board ramp out of the last one.

I was hoping for something a little bit like the Bolivia episode of TopGear that was some how serious while still being completely entertaining, for example on the UK version they fixed up their trucks any time they broke and used actual over-land skills (or lack there of) to get unstuck cross gullies, get across the desert, the US version made a mockery of it, absolutely destroying trucks by standing on the gas while stuck, burning out the starter motor by turning the key 7000 times in a row until it burned up, and not really having a goal aside from "make it to some glacier lake and then dick around a bit and try real hard to be funny" . Such a bad show. No wonder TopGear UK hosts make fun of 'Merica so much.

There is so much wrong with this show I can barely begin to scratch the surface. The producers and every one of the hosts need to go for it to get anywhere. I'm sure if you had never seen TopGear UK it might be somewhat fun to watch but even the "mishaps" are so badly staged and so blatantly ripped off its hard to stomach.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Bad or not - its pretty clear this show has generated a lot of attention. Even guys who don't like it are watching every episode and commenting in detail. For teh record, I've decided that like it enough to watch it when I come across it but not enough to make time for it.

Leethal

Turbo Monkey
Oct 27, 2001
Avondale (Phoenix)
I like the UK version much more but both are entertaining. As a new show with a small niche the US version can't rip on cars as much as the UK version, I think Tanner And Rutledge are good (enough) but who the hell is the other guy?

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
As a new show with a small niche the US version can't rip on cars as much as the UK version, I think Tanner And Rutledge are good (enough) but who the hell is the other guy?
the biggest problem is where the advertising moneys comes from. the Beeb doesnt have to worry about this like American channels do.

Ferrara is a comedian and is on Rescue Me

Leppah

Turbo Monkey
Mar 12, 2008
Utar
The American version sucks. Those guys don't know dick about cars, except for Tanner occasionally. They don't click like the Euro dudes.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
I haven't seen it but one of the things I like about the BBC version, that I am sure the 'merkin version misses completely, are all the un-PC comments....like "koreans eating labradors" and jokes about 'zee Germans, etc....

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
I haven't seen it but one of the things I like about the BBC version, that I am sure the 'merkin version misses completely, are all the un-PC comments....like "koreans eating labradors" and jokes about 'zee Germans, etc....
its because of the advertisers. 3.5bil GBP's a year comes from tv licenses for the BBC.
Their Mexican comments would probably have been bad if aired here too.