Quantcast

Top Gear

DHS

Friendly Neighborhood Pool Boy
Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
anyone else addicted to this show?
sure its only played on BBC in the UK. but you can find a episode here and there. the latest season was awesome.

now, i don't even own a license to drive, but the show is absolutly amazing. funny as hell. plus the filming the best ive ever seen

http://www.bbc.co.uk/topgear/

i just got all the seasons... its gonna be like 30dvds..

dfinn

Turbo Monkey
Jul 24, 2003
SL, UT
I really like that show too. It used to be on Discovery channel occasionally but I think they stopped showing it. They need to tone down the colors a bit though, it's way over-saturated.

fireman

Monkey
Jan 28, 2004
Boulder, CO
DHS, where did you get it on DVD?

I love that show, I've watched pretty much all of the ones that are on google, but I would like to see the rest.

DHS

Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
well i'm converting it to dvd..
nice to have some euro friends that would send them too me. mostly in xvid format. but still really good quality. HDTV stuff

DHS

Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
Just James said:
Word is that the Disco channel has shot a pilot for the US version, all US hosts, etc. It was at a raceway in SoCal, in the desert, and (this is the key point), they knew that they had to get a "real" driver to womp on the cars at the end, so they flew in The Stig.
Here's a link to a bit more info: http://www.topgear.com/content/features/stories/2006/01/stories/08/1.html

JJames
ew **** the USA.

other reason to watch the UK show is that they rip on america sooooo well

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
That's where my friend feel in love with the Atom. The US version is in the works using a Chevy engine and he has his name on one when they reach production.

That show is deadly. Makes me want cars I can't afford and drive them like I stole it (because that's the only way I'll get one).

dfinn

Turbo Monkey
Jul 24, 2003
SL, UT
DHS said:
ew **** the USA.

other reason to watch the UK show is that they rip on america sooooo well
that and they get better cars over there, we really get screwed out on some cool cars here in the US.

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
New England
Yeah I have scoured google video for all their shows. Luckily Discovy is haveing a marathon tomorrow night.

nixhexss

Monkey
Oct 17, 2001
New York
!!! Did you guys hear about the episode where they were racing some car (cant remember model) through the streets of a city against Gee Atherton on his dh rig. I saw the PR for the episode but then never heard of anyone seeing it, etc... ANYBODY?

DHS

Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
nixhexss said:
!!! Did you guys hear about the episode where they were racing some car (cant remember model) through the streets of a city against Gee Atherton on his dh rig. I saw the PR for the episode but then never heard of anyone seeing it, etc... ANYBODY?
yup

Season 7, episode 4 i think.

DHS

Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
so at the moment theres 70 episodes altogether. each a hour long. i have some catching up to do.

steve45

Monkey
Sep 30, 2003
Dundee, Scotland
nixhexss said:
yeah watched tht episode, it was in the latest series, think he was up against the new renault clio, with james may(captain slow) driving.
gee won by 10 seconds, not sure how much of it was staged though, obviously some of it was like the jump over that car.

topgear does indeed rule, unfortunatly the last series finished and were waiting for the new one, not sure when it'll be but i'd expect late spring.
but until then old episodes will have to do, we have a 3 or 4 channels the regularly show reruns, so we arnt short on topgear over here:nuts:
but its always the newer version of topgear, i miss the old 80's/90's version when tiff needell and vicky butler henderson(sp?), wasnt as good but i just want to see them for nostalgia sake.

DHS

Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
well then there's something called 5th Gear. and that is just pretty lame. they say its competing with Top Gear. but i've watched a couple of the episodes and its just sad. cute girl though. but not writen well

steve45

Monkey
Sep 30, 2003
Dundee, Scotland
5th gear = meh

its the topgear cast offs that decided to make there own show, boring cars poor reviews, and plain and simply not entertaining.

2 of the main presenters tiff and vicky were on the old version of topgear that i was talking about, they were fine on topgear but without clarkson they were useless and boring.
but i have to give it to tiff, he can definitly drive a car.