Quantcast

{#}<=top o the friday to you GMT=>{#}

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Good morning monkies. Today is just another work day but tomorrow will be 70 plus degrees here in central Montnana. I am skipping the gym today to make sure my legs can handle sustained 30 MPH winds during the ride... other than that, I got nothing.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
It's going to be a long day. shift runs 7:30 to 17:30 then once I reach home it's grab the dogs and drive 100 miles to just south of Sacramento to meet up with Ruth at a horse show. I might get there by 2100 due to all the traffic heading up to the ski resorts plus the evening commute.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Man does a bike ride have an awesome restorative effect on ones psyche. I'm gonna have to do that more often so long as the unseasonably warm temperatures hold up.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Wife got up early for a swim, so I tagged along despite my comments yesterday to the contrary! 2600 yards done.

My NCAA tournament bracket is for shit.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

Coincidentally, the crap I'm coughing out of my lungs is a very festive Irish Green! Actually got some sleep last night so maybe I'm coming around? Got to take the car in for 20k service. Then corned beef and cabbage into the pressure cooker. I beleive I have a sample size baileys in the liquor cabinet, so maybe lunch time car bomb?

Blaze a fatty for St Patty.
Alas, the man is still keeping me down. :(

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Here. Tired but still laughing from Haley's fence + bike incident yesterday.
my younger son did the exact same thing when he first started riding-right into chainlink fence. did it into a briar patch a week or so later. took a while to get him back on the bike again. i remember when i was 6 or 7 riding straight into the back of a parked car once and knocking out a tooth.

coffee is starting to work. beers at lunch (of course).

if the rain holds off tomorrow morning considering participating in an all-over-charlotte ride/stage race. the plan is to goon around with some friends and cause havoc and mayhem.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Here after working 1-10 PM last night. Gotta pay the bills. Skiing tomorrow with the whole fam, including Yuna in newly acquired goggles and helmet assuming UPS doesn't screw the pooch.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Yay for Friday. Let's just say it is a good thing I get 3 pay checks this month, ugh. I need to fix my car, but the rain won't stop long enough for me to care.

Decided I was going to try to modify the rain coat for Abbey when I noticed two elastic loops in the back for her legs. It stays in place that way. I don't feel too stupid because the wife didn't know either. :rofl:

SuboptimusPrime

Turbo Monkey
Aug 18, 2005
NorCack
Gonna try to milk in a ride this afternoon before we get rain again tomorrow... Must swing by home to pick up the pooch or she will smell bikes on me and eat my leg for excluding her. So much beer tonight...

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Tool is playing in good ole' Bangor Maine in May. 90 bucks per person before all the fees. I think I will skip this one.
Last time Social D came to town (last year) I wanted to get tickets because my wife had never seen them. They GA tickets were $135 each for the Roseland. Yes, that is my favorite venue, no I am not paying more than $50 to see a show there.

She said she paid a lot for my birthday tickets, but they were sold out at the time. While I would love to see them again, I can't justify those prices. I'm a cheap bastard, I guess. :rofl:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Last time Social D came to town (last year) I wanted to get tickets because my wife had never seen them. They GA tickets were $135 each for the Roseland. Yes, that is my favorite venue, no I am not paying more than $50 to see a show there.

She said she paid a lot for my birthday tickets, but they were sold out at the time. While I would love to see them again, I can't justify those prices. I'm a cheap bastard, I guess. :rofl:
and i thought $40 to see cock sparrer was expensive.

nostalgia cash grab tour 2017 indeed.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Gonna try to milk in a ride this afternoon before we get rain again tomorrow... Must swing by home to pick up the pooch or she will smell bikes on me and eat my leg for excluding her. So much beer tonight...
prob too late, but you chould come down for this tomorrow. saw that some guys from durham were registered. should be fun: http://www.fastermustache.org/events/
how about a fucking jump?
- first thing i thought as well.

saw social d here two or three years back. they still kill it live, despite mike ness being so old as to be a bit creepy. i think i paid $35 (?)

SuboptimusPrime

Turbo Monkey
Aug 18, 2005
NorCack
@jstuhlman I'm stuck local this weekend but am going to be in the CLT next weekend visiting wifey's best friends. I have a pass to ride (I think) so if you're around we should pedal...

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
saw social d here two or three years back. they still kill it live, despite mike ness being so old as to be a bit creepy. i think i paid $35 (?)
The show year before last was awesome, as was the other 7 times I've seen them. Hands down favorite band and the Roseland is an amazing punk/rock venue, too. I would drop $50, easy. Hell, I might even do $75, but $135 and still be packed with the rest of the assholes there, no thanks.