Quantcast

{#}<=top o the friday to you GMT=>{#}

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Blaze a fatty for St Patty.
Ahem. I appreciate what you're trying to do here, but this is incorrect, and likely to get you punched in the face by an Irishman, I'm told. Patty is short for Patricia, Paddy is short for Patrick i.e. "St. Paddy's Day" is proper.

Roofalanche. People get killed by those things.
Yes. Roofalanche is even it's own classification of avalanche. Wet slides, dry slides, slab slides, roofalanches...

Contemplating another lunch ride... but also planning to ride to the brewery later. Maybe both?
Moar speed. Pull up.

The work part of today is wearing me down.
I'm ready for the biking part.
The beer part of last night is wearing me down today, also ready for the biking part.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Ahem. I appreciate what you're trying to do here, but this is incorrect, and likely to get you punched in the face by an Irishman, I'm told. Patty is short for Patricia, Paddy is short for Patrick i.e. "St. Paddy's Day" is proper.
where i'm from, "paddy" referred to the paddy wagon, AKA the PO-PO

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
fuck that. make a death zone between the jump and the rock garden to keep the muppets out.
The booter will be at an odd angle and you'll have to jump between two trees and change direction in the air or risk running off into the woods.

Don't worry, there will be plenty of "fuck you and yer rims" rocks planted through out the trail.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
The booter will be at an odd angle and you'll have to jump between two trees and change direction in the air or risk running off into the woods.

Don't worry, there will be plenty of "fuck you and yer rims" rocks planted through out the trail.
planted? just throw those shits on the ground. BOOM different rock garden every time

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
do not advertise two day shipping and try to pass the buck when you wait a day to ship the product.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Here. Tired but still laughing from Haley's fence + bike incident yesterday.
In the 70s my parents bought my sister and I Honda bikes, she got a trail 70 and I got a 50. The first time my dad tried to show her how to operate the clutch she red lined it, popped the clutch and ran straight into a wood privacy fence my dad and I had just built. First and last time she ever rode a motor bike. I got the 70 for the summer but dad sold the both the following spring. Cool story? I will never forget her face as the tire dug in creating a giant cloud of dust before rocketing her forward.

Also came home for lunch and found my desktop hado crashed. Error: No boot disk has been detected or the disk has failed. Not sure if I km the boot disk or not...

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
do not advertise two day shipping and try to pass the buck when you wait a day to ship the product.
two day shipping indicates the duration of transit from the time it is shipped from its originating point to arrival at the destination.

same day shipping (usually accompanied by a deadline) is indicative that an order will ship the day it is placed.

the two are not mutually inclusive. :clue:

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
planted? just throw those shits on the ground. BOOM different rock garden every time
There is an abundance of sharp edged, flattish rocks that can be buried halfway so they stick up like tombstones.

I've also instructed one of my minions to randomly throw fist sized rocks into the garden so that some rocks move when you hit them.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
two day shipping indicates the duration of transit from the time it is shipped from its originating point to arrival at the destination.

same day shipping (usually accompanied by a deadline) is indicative that an order will ship the day it is placed.

the two are not mutually inclusive. :clue:
so if i ordered something tuesday morning at 2 AM because i don't sleep for shit i should not expect it here by at least saturday while i am still at the location it is being shipped to?

i think i gave myself an extra business day in there....

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
so if i ordered something tuesday morning at 2 AM because i don't sleep for shit i should not expect it here by at least saturday while i am still at the location it is being shipped to?

i think i gave myself an extra business day in there....
depends on the seller & their policies. larger companies order fulfillment and order shipping are separate departments.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
I have two tickets to see A Perfect Circle in SLC next month. I was supposed to be there for business and skiing but likely will not be going. Any Utah :monkey:s need tickets?

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
understood...younger brother deals with people bitching like me all the time.
it's more common with smaller shops/retailers/etailers where employees serve multiple functions/roles. i know we're all spoiled by the likes of amazon where things ship within hours of ordering.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
it's more common with smaller shops/retailers/etailers where employees serve multiple functions/roles. i know we're all spoiled by the likes of amazon where things ship within hours of ordering.
california to colorado...thought i was safe...my bad.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
california to colorado...thought i was safe...my bad.
shipping companies these days (ups/fedex/usps) are generally pretty good about meeting deadlines (ie 2 day shipping, etc). the variable is how quickly the retailer processes your order and gets it out the door.

2 day shipping means you should get the order 2 days from when the seller ships it, not 2 days from when you submit your order.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
fuck that. make a death zone between the jump and the rock garden to keep the muppets out.
Make the death zone HUGE pointy rocks. Really pointy. Like rim-destroying pointy. (Now that I read the whole thread... looks like you got this covered)

Oh - lunch ride in the books. Now imma ride to actual lunch and have beers on that patio of this place:

http://www.locavorebeerworks.com/

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Pics please.

Time to go move rawks.
squirrel catcher is any kind of trail feature built at the beginning of a trail to catch squirrelly riders - aka riders who don't have the skills to ride the entirety of the trail, and have no business being on the trail in the first place.

they're commonly built in such a way that you *have* to clear the squirrel catcher in order to have the speed / setup for the following feature.

*note: the term and concept comes from BMX trails (jumps)