Quantcast

{#}<=top o the friday to you GMT=>{#}

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
squirrel catcher is any kind of trail feature built at the beginning of a trail to catch squirrelly riders - aka riders who don't have the skills to ride the entirety of the trail, and have no business being on the trail in the first place.

they're commonly built in such a way that you *have* to clear the squirrel catcher in order to have the speed / setup for the following feature.

*note: the term and concept comes from BMX trails (jumps)
Just be sure to reinforce whatever you build, or you'll get the same dicks out there removing ROX who remove roots and build highways.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
The most brilliant skiing day today. The mountains got over a foot of snow on Tuesday, it was therefore harder to find my beloved blue ice, but I succeeded. I did over 30 runs divided by 3 G&Ts, my quads are totally toast.

A view from the bar at the top of the mountain

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
@stoney when are you taking your winter wheels off? I know leaving it a week after that marker is normally a good reference. :D

This constant 70f+ has me thinking about swapping...

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I'm thinking about turning the sprinklers back on.

Of all the things I remember about living in Aurora, this is one of the glaring details. Hardly anywhere here uses sprinklers, and we don't really have a water problem. But down there in sahara Aurora, that shit would be going at every business....In the rain...:wtf::rofl::rofl:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
@stoney when are you taking your winter wheels off? I know leaving it a week after that marker is normally a good reference. :D

This constant 70f+ has me thinking about swapping...
I was thinking about it for the Subaru, but I have new a/s so I could test my luck... M is still on summers, so run with that.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
squirrel catcher is any kind of trail feature built at the beginning of a trail to catch squirrelly riders - aka riders who don't have the skills to ride the entirety of the trail, and have no business being on the trail in the first place.

they're commonly built in such a way that you *have* to clear the squirrel catcher in order to have the speed / setup for the following feature.

*note: the term and concept comes from BMX trails (jumps)
Ok, gotcha. Way back in the day the first feature was a 7 ft. partial vertical drop which was meant as a warning that it only gets worse from here. Unfortunately that's not really the case anymore as some riders see no problem in making a go-around. To keep them from doing it would require countless man hours of installing punji sticks, barbed wire, and the occasional claymore. I'd rather move rocks and ride.