Quantcast

Torn between a nomad carbon or trc

pjnoto

Chimp
Feb 17, 2008
I live in Northwestern NC. Most of the riding I do goes from fairly steep climbing to steep fast descending. I currently ride a 10 Yeti 575. I cant complain about the bikes climbing abilities although it is certainly my weakness at 200lb. But I wonder how the Nomad c would stack up to it? If the climbing ability wasnt at least as good as the Yeti I may lean toward the Trc. But I wonder how well the trc descends vs my 575 as well. My 575's weight is around 28lbs. Less for the trc and about the same for the Nomad. I will be logging a good amount of hours and also racing enduros on a regular basis on the east coast. Opinions on what would be the better bike? Enduro racing?

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
I live in Northwestern NC. Most of the riding I do goes from fairly steep climbing to steep fast descending. I currently ride a 10 Yeti 575. I cant complain about the bikes climbing abilities although it is certainly my weakness at 200lb. But I wonder how the Nomad c would stack up to it? If the climbing ability wasnt at least as good as the Yeti I may lean toward the Trc. But I wonder how well the trc descends vs my 575 as well. My 575's weight is around 28lbs. Less for the trc and about the same for the Nomad. I will be logging a good amount of hours and also racing enduros on a regular basis on the east coast. Opinions on what would be the better bike? Enduro racing?
both are very different bikes.
the nomad is a truly do it all bike. you can shuttle that bike with no problems.
you can pedal that bike without much troubles.

the trc is mostly a slacked out xc machine.
the suspension does not feel as "deep" as the nomad... specially in the rough.

considering your weight and intended purpose... i´d go for the nomad; or i´d consider the mojo hd too.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
They really are very different bikes, and the differences go beyond more or less travel. I'm riding a TR since my nomad got stolen a little while back. Very happy with the TR, it is a surprisingly capable bike for 125 rear travel. The slack front end, low bb, and short rear end make it super fun to ride aggressively. The nomad is more stable at high speed and in the really rough stuff. I never felt like I was giving up too much climbing ability on my nomad, and the trade off was more confidence pretty much any time the trail pointed down (especially if you slack it out by 1 degree with an angleset). If you are looking for one bike to do it all, and "all" includes lots of high speed rough stuff, I'd probably go nomad with a light build and an angleset. But if you have a DH or other big travel bike for lift days, and you ride a lot of tight, twisty trails, the TR will put lots of smiles on your face.

Or, get both. :D

pjnoto

Chimp
Feb 17, 2008
Yea I have looked at the LTC. But I only have a choice between the two from the same guy. I recently pedalled an aluminum nomad around and I have to say it felt tall in the bb. Riding it back to back with my 575 my bike felt like it held a corner better. When i turned on the nomad I got that front wheel digging feeling. But it may have been the setup. I do have a dh bike for lift assisted riding. Does anyone else notice a high center of gravity on their nomad or can I tune this out?