Quantcast

Toro race #2 (x-post from south-ca)

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country

http://www.cccx.org/mtbdh/2006/index.shtml

Who is going? My friend may be able to take me.

(Sep.9).....Elings Park DH/XC
(Sep.17)...Torro Race #2
(Sep.30)....Parkfield Classic
(Oct.8)......Torro Race #3
(Oct.20).....Lagrange Fall Classic (Weaverville, (hella far north))
(Nov.4)......Torro Race #4
(Nov.19)....Fontana
(Dec.16)....Torro Race #5 final

black noise

Turbo Monkey
Dec 31, 2004
Santa Cruz
Dude, you have 5000 posts and you don't know? Here it is: you must have 5 characters in your post for it to be able to post. Therefore "me" is only 2 and doesnt work, so I put "345" in so it let me post.

Anyway, you should go. Fun course. Well organized.

stratguy1618

Monkey
Apr 18, 2004
I shall be out there with Super pro hucker Andrew Taylor and my girlfriend will be racing for her billionth time

bdamschen

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
Spreckels, CA
Great, now everyone who reads this thread is going to show up in tight clothes......

....so to be competitive I'm going to have to also...

Now I'm going to have to start a new thread "Skinsuit sizing"

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
Hahahaha.....The only one that is clost to me is the one in weaverville and I'll be in socal on those dates.....I think this is gods way of telling me not to race.

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
Thanks. I should look at that.

Unfortunately I won't be out there because I can't find a ride up. I will be at the next ones though.

SPrider

Monkey
Feb 18, 2005
i will be there on my specialized sx, its all about the xc helmet and goggles, should be a good time..

bdamschen

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
Spreckels, CA
Shoot, bike-

I read this one a little too late. Next time you're racing in monterey drop me a PM, i've got pretty much the most comfortable couch in the world to crash on. :D

bdamschen

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
Spreckels, CA
I'll be there with my faith, only working bike i've got lately.
This time I'll try not to flat on one of the three possible places to flat on the course. :banghead:

bdamschen

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
Spreckels, CA
No thorns. The last course there were like 2 big rocks and 1 root on the whole course that could give you a flat if you hit them wrong.

I found the root.

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
It was fun. I geuss I missed all you (see you at the next race).

The climb was so tiring. I couldn't ride up any of the acsent on practice because my drivetrain was screwed up. Before the race run, i had a bike shop adjust my der., so I was able to ride up a third to half the climb which made it a little easier. The heat didn't help either...

It was a really fun course. I got 6/12 in beginner. I heard the next race will be on the top of the hill behind the start. One guy said 10min runs.