Quantcast

Torque Wrench

HTFR

Monkey
Aug 20, 2002
Chelsea, Quebek
i'm planing on buying one, but i'm not too sure what is needed in a torque wrench to make it usefull for bike repair. what torque range is needed (N/M, pound/foot, pound/inch) should i get a ratcheting one? or are the "bar bending" :nope: ones ok? are some more accurate then others? what accuracy to i need?

i'm namly just looking for recomendations, which one should i get (or what do you have :p)???

fasterTHANyou

Monkey
Dec 12, 2003
washington dc
torque wrench? ha

just takes a little practice... if crap falls off the bike, its not tight enough. if you rip the threads or cant get it back out- its too tight...

:thumb:

KaTooMer

Monkey
Feb 14, 2003
Illinois
HTFR said:
would a 25-250pound/inch torque range suffice??? or is there an important range i'm missing?
Yes, in most cases. I have a 3/8th inch drive torque wrench that's in the neighborhood of 25-250 inch-lbs and covers just about everything on a bike. I do also have a 1/2 inch drive that starts around 20 ft-lbs and goes over 100 ft-lbs, but that's for the truck and the motorcycles.

For most bolts, I don't use torque wrenches much anymore (tighten-by-feel method). But there are some "precision" applications that I still try to tighten to the recommended torque, like suspension components.