Quantcast

<*> Torsdag GTM <*>

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Another day another interview. Looks like this guy wants to offer me a job but let see what happens today. Also looking at a house.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Well shit. My wife has been having pain in a toe, they took an xray and saw something. MRI confirmed a growth destroying the bone in her second toe. Surgery is set for the 22nd. The will have a pathologist there to examine the removed tissue. Benign and they reconstruct, Malignant they amputate the toe. She had been in remission for 7 years. Fuck I hate having to go down this.path again

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
sorry @eric strt6 hope all goes as well as it can.

11yo traumatized this AM to wake up and find the leopard gecko we adopted last week dead.

otherwise, coffee, coffee, and more coffee. finalizing details for an exhibition opening tomorrow night. planning rides for friday afternoon and saturday

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

Imma go skiing. Unless we get some rather serious snow fall it may be the last. Predicted highs almost into the 40's on the mountain the rest of the week. :( Was hoping to get next years season pass to pay for itself before this year was out. #firstworlproblems.

That's a bummer @eric strt6, hope you get good news back.

Also sorry to hear about the gecko.
:stupid:

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Got fancy crabon BMX fork back from recall. Damn fast service from BOX, plus they threw in a free headlock (which they now recommend anyhoo). Color me a happy camper.

Last edited:

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Taking kiddo to school then heading to the trails to show peeps around. If anyone wants a tour, shenanigans begin around 10am.

Also first speeding ticket in a decade yesterday.... 166 bucks for 12 over. Weak

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
I am in Andover every March and September for about 36 hours (calibration @customer). Are the trails good enough that I should grab the bike I have stashed in Brewster and bring it out to Andover on one of these trips?
Hell yea! I think of all the riding areas I miss most in MA Harold Parker might be #1.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
New basement floor is being installed today. HOORAY!! Wife is home babysitting the installers.

The chicks at work are acting all uppity about National Women's Day. I may have to fire one of them just to keep them in their place.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Now if the two moose would just leave the yard...

View 24 Hour Summary
View Snowfall Graphs
Raw Data Directory
View Station Info

Avalanche events map
Field observations
Snowpit details
Snowpack summaries
Printer friendly format
CURRENT CONDITIONS (Mountain Weather Past 24 Hours)
At 10,400' Elevation: 5 AM Temp Max Temp Avg Wind Direction Avg. Wind Speed Max Wind Gust
Rendezvous Summit 17 º F 17 Southwesterly 31 61
View Temperature and Wind Graphs View Summit 48 Hr Wind Graph

Location Snowfall/Prec. Total Snow Depth Total Snowfall
At 9,300' Elevation
(Raymer Plot) 5"/ 0.54 124" 464"
At 9,580' Elevation
(Rendezvous Bowl Plot) 8"/ 0.78" 157" 520"
At 8,800' Elevation
(Chief Joseph Plot) 8"/ 0.70" 129" 409"

NWS - RPK forecast
NWS Discussion
NWS Riverton, WY
Western US Satellite Loop
NE Pacific Satellite Loop
Mountain Weather Forecast for Today
Skies will be cloudy with periods of light to moderate snowfall and areas of blowing snow
Temperature Forecast for 8,000´-9,000´: Rising into the mid to upper 20s
Ridge Top Wind Forecast for 10,000´: West-southwest at 30 to 40 with gusts to 60 miles per hour
Snowfall Expected Next 24 Hours: 6 to 10

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Howdy all. GoPro is now going to replace the grip part of my Karma Grip, having already replaced the stabilizer part to no avail. I think right now 3/4 of the search results for "Karma Grip horizon tilt" on YouTube are my videos showing their part's failure(s)--by the end of this I might get to 90%.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Howdy all. GoPro is now going to replace the grip part of my Karma Grip, having already replaced the stabilizer part to no avail. I think right now 3/4 of the search results for "Karma Grip horizon tilt" on YouTube are my videos showing their part's failure(s)--by the end of this I might get to 90%.
squeaky wheel gets the grease.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
squeaky wheel gets the grease.
They claim that since they replaced the stabilizer they can't just refund me now. I'm going to have them replace part after part, creating a new video showing the poor performance each time.

(Part of this may well be because the motions of my RC truck are beyond their performance envelope. Since they advertised it with downhill biking and ATVing alike I think it's fair to hold them to their word, as it were.)

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
(Part of this may well be because the motions of my RC truck are beyond their performance envelope. Since they advertised it with downhill biking and ATVing alike I think it's fair to hold them to their word, as it were.)
sooooooo......... user error?

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Late start, no parking, coffee sucks, I should go back to bed and try again tomorrow. My day is stacked with meetings minus a 2 hour break at lunch. Happy International Women's Day indeed.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
They claim that since they replaced the stabilizer they can't just refund me now. I'm going to have them replace part after part, creating a new video showing the poor performance each time.

Planned failure is best failure?

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
I am in Andover every March and September for about 36 hours (calibration @customer). Are the trails good enough that I should grab the bike I have stashed in Brewster and bring it out to Andover on one of these trips?
Yes and no. The trails are great and will beat you up, but our weather is iffy in March, and you'll need a guide. The place is big and you won't be able to find the good stuff if you've never been before. I don't know that place well enough either so I always tag along some friends.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Guy at the shooting range was a complete moron today. Never had I had someon come over and let me know he was going to walk down and shoot from 25 yards on the long range bay, but go ahead and shoot, I don't mind he says..... Never had I actually had to instruct someone to move out and go to the short range bays ......

Future Darwin award winner for sure

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
No riding but wrenching this evening. Yesterday I replaced oil in fork damper and put the bike back together, today I regreased BB bearings, straightened a bent RD hanger and bled rear brake. Bike's all ready for the arctic temperatures and 8" of snow we're expecting in the next 5 days. :rant: