Quantcast

Torture Test

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
it was a 97 mile MTB race this last weekend and it was torture.
27 Miles of single track, 42 miles dirt road and 28 miles of paved roads.
I beat my own personal time by 20 minutes this year even after taking a wrong turn or two. Finished 7:20 for 18th of 51.
Hell even Gringo was there as a volunteer!
It was a good time.

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
it's a new cycle computer, i just put it on that morning i'm pretty sure i went over a 100 because of the detours :)

I honestly wanted to do better but i really havent been riding so i did about as good as i could honestly expect.
t

DHS

Friendly Neighborhood Pool Boy
Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
cool. sounds like fun, not sure about the paved road stuff. i'd get bored.

J

JRB

Tony did well. I helped out with rest stops and some of those folks looked pretty bored. Kind of wish I had done it, but I had fun not doing it as well.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
yeah 28 miles of paved roads is definitely a drag.

best long race/ride i've done is the Vermont 50. barely any pavement, tons of great singletrack, and 10 feed zones. soemthing like 8000' of climbing thrown in too. and people also run it.

J

JRB

narlus said:
yeah 28 miles of paved roads is definitely a drag.

best long race/ride i've done is the Vermont 50. barely any pavement, tons of great singletrack, and 10 feed zones. soemthing like 8000' of climbing thrown in too. and people also run it.
You're CDs made an appearance at the check stops. They were enjoyed by all. :thumb:

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Nice job Tony! Sounds like maybe you'll be up for the 100 mile Park City race in June????????? It's something like 95% singletrack!!!!!!!!!!!

JMAC

Turbo Monkey
Feb 18, 2002
The Toninator said:
it was a 97 mile MTB race this last weekend and it was torture.
27 Miles of single track, 42 miles dirt road and 28 miles of paved roads.
I beat my own personal time by 20 minutes this year even after taking a wrong turn or two. Finished 7:20 for 18th of 51.
Hell even Gringo was there as a volunteer!
It was a good time.

NICE you gotta love those brutally long races, that test your mind as much as your body.