Quantcast

Toshi goes to New Zealand

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
So I went to New Zealand. 'Twas a good time, albeit much rainier than the photos below would indicate. For full galleries see my website, http://toshiclark.com.

I do enjoy taking a stereotypical flower shot now and then:

White tourists, on the other hand, seem to like acting stereotypically white, as in the "tourist haka" here (I clearly hew to my Japanese roots, what with the camera and all…):

Sunsets. I can't resist them.

I guess it's not too bad when the sun's actually out, either, at least when dolphins are out to play:

Balloon. That's a fun word to say, no? Bah looooon. Being up all high makes the land look all, well, picturesque, too.

Jetboating turned out to be quite the abortion (refund gladly accepted!), but at least I got to see this RWD, street van ford a stream. Dig it: hardcore.

With more water as well as infinitely more sandflies than the river jetboating attempt were Abel Tasman and Fiordland National Parks. Abel Tasman was honestly a bit disappointing after hearing it hyped up from fellow travelers, but the Fiordland sounds and sights (cue rimshot!) have the win:

Ok, that's about it from me. As stated at the top, much more along these lines can be found at my website: http://toshiclark.com

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
Thanks. It was indeed a cool trip, which is as it should be since paying for it may well prove to be my undoing…

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
White tourists, on the other hand, seem to like acting stereotypically white, as in the "tourist haka" here (I clearly hew to my Japanese roots, what with the camera and all…):
White or Japanese you are still clearly a fat American.
;)

Need to get my ass to NZ. Have lots of time off this summer but that might not be the best time of you to head to that other hemisphere.

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
White or Japanese you are still clearly a fat American.
;)

Need to get my ass to NZ. Have lots of time off this summer but that might not be the best time of you to head to that other hemisphere.
Here's why I is teh fat: delicious churros + chocolate and nutella dips from Patagonia Chocolates in Queenstown:

More random photos for the bored, all from the galleries at http://toshiclark.com:

… and teh wife-bot:

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Nice shots Toshi. Man, for a dude from Seattle, I would thing a little rain elsewhere would be a welcomed change. :rofl:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
^^ Any chance of a bigger version of that balloon shot for my desktop backgrounds folder?

Whoops

Turbo Monkey
Jul 9, 2006
New Zealand
Mr Toshi, you were here in what has been pretty much the worst summer for 10 or so years... The weather is just starting to improve now everyone is back at work.

Hope you enjoyed the visit. Come back soon, bring more of your Yankeee Dollars.