Quantcast

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
all sweaty and oiled up. I mean sunscreened up. Got mildly pink yesterday so transitioning to some 30 SPF to be prudent

IMG_1735.jpeg

Last edited:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
price matched my mail order pharmacy via insurance with cash-pay-but-cheap Cost Plus Drugs

Screenshot 2024-03-27 at 2.36.31 PM.png

Cliffs Notes: 51% cheaper here. for certain things Cost Plus can be 90%+ cheaper.

anyway, if you all need non-controlled meds prescribed via Cost Plus (as it's not a process of transferring Rxs but just having a new one written, which can be a pain if your PCP's hard to get a hold of), DM me and I'll fax in the form for y'all.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
would I hate or love these on the frontside? I'm so used to my easygoing Mindbenders these days.

(I do totally approve of the first owner's choice of Look Pivots! and they probably could adjust in those side arms for my 304ish mm BSL boots without a remount.)

https://www.powder7.com/Stockli-Laser-AX-Skis-175cm-Used-2022/for-sale

self-counterpoint: Powder7 people seem reliable and certainly ski where I do. To trust them or Blister reviewers?

View attachment 209600
Screenshot 2024-03-27 at 3.35.27 PM.png

won't be mounting these up with Cast, either 1.0 or 2.0

:D

(which means I probably will stick with 1.0 and just deal with the fussiness of toe-switching on my 116 Cs. and the Pivot 12s I have waiting at home will go on another set of future skis for me or my eldest)

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
one definitely weird thing about the Stöckli online culture is that it's dominated by east coast skiers who masturbate about FIS GS skis

but the Powder7 crew did give it their endorsement fwiw, and reviews online all good. may have to shape up my skiing form! which probably is a good thing for all skis.

:)

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Off to Powder7 next

edit: did what I said I'd do. Shift 10s at DIN 4 on the 159 cm Mindbender 106Cs for my eldest kid.
03ecde65-4c10-49ec-a914-93e97aaee7ef.jpeg

in case any of y'all need extra skins in the sizes REI has in stock, these were 25%? off. something substantial. applied my yearly member rewards, too, and came out at $75 net.

:notbadobama:

(these are carpets of a width and length appropriate for said eldest kid's skis, so that we can hike uphill together. she will have to wait for me. a lot. she only has 82 lb of herself to haul around, after all.)

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I'd love to see e-cargo "bike" mini-trucks all over the place, with correspondingly fewer gas/diesel/electric full-size box trucks and vans

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
so this Kona Electric thing definitely isn't happening before April 1.

not enough available inventory actually on the ground except at Foundation Hyundai, and they aren't playing ball in good faith as per my quoted post above.

I'll recheck the April incentives on the Edmunds lease forum and if the deal remains good will badger other more reasonable dealerships as their in-transit cars come in.

2024-hyundai-kona-electric-148-642b13cd7c51f.jpg

possibly reasonable dealers with which to follow up in April:
another local dealer belatedly got back to me

$699 bogus dealer fee. not passing through the 0.0009 MF reduction for a one-pay lease. between those two items that's a ~$2,100 increase in net cost. nope

they did break down the lease quotes into two options to keep net cap cost > residual value so as to not break their system. and that led to the thought that the one with the CO credit separate would be the same as going out of state. after all, I famously have not had a myriad of issues registering that 2018 Volvo XC40 I leased out of state, and thus came to no teachable moments regarding the wisdom of this route

:D

thus a map of national Hyundai dealerships below:

Hyundai_USA.png

as I would get transport out (bus?) and then drive it back, and this Kona Electric only has 100 kW DCFC this is a close up of the dealers for which I think it'd be feasible to make an out of region trip.

(after test driving a Kona Electric locally to make sure I didn't loathe it, that is!)

Screenshot 2024-03-28 at 7.39.15 PM.png

I rightly annotated that Kansas one with a question mark and skipped the one on Navajo land (?) in NW NM as they're off the I-70 and I-25 corridors.

getting back would involve the public DCFC network, which I haven't really used at all in my past days just due to my use case of sticking within day trip range of Denver (or, in the past, Seattle).

Screenshot 2024-03-28 at 7.46.27 PM.png

in theory everything circled: greater SLC area, Grand Junction, Cheyenne through Pueblo, Santa Fe and Albuquerque should all be feasible… just would take a fair bit of time at 40 min a pop @ 100 kW.

Screenshot 2024-03-28 at 8.09.52 PM.png

I thus sent off website contact form standardized text inquiries to all of the outside-Denver-metro dealers circled on my little map above. plus when I get back to Denver, go skiing, work a bit, and get my unexplained anemia issue possibly explained I'll carve out a little time to actually test drive one of these 2024 Kona Electrics to see if I hate it or what. (Foundation, Stevinson, Planet Hyundai all seem to actually have vehicles on the ground that'd be suitable for a test drive even if their financial deals may suck.)