Quantcast

Toshi's thread

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Our Italian PHEV decided to express a new, annoying behavior this afternoon: when I was waiting to back up up at Dotsero Junction at Mary Jane the rear cross-traffic detection alert correctly sounded.

Then it didn’t turn off for the whole rest of the drive home. I restarted the car several times to no avail, tried cycling the parking sensors on and off, etc.

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
hmph

There is a very important metric in the automotive biz. "The" most important in my personal view.
Customer loyalty. How many current owners replace their cars with another of the same brand.

Toyota is the historical leader, with a % close to 2/3 in most markets. Industry average hovers around 50%.

Tesla has been aroound long enough to know what theirs. It stands at an amazing 80+%.
When I worked for Toyota or Mercedes... thats a number we could only dream about.

Now, a company with 80% of buyers staying with the brand for the next purchase + double digit growth rates + 2035 ICE ban in california (and posibly ny/texas to corner 1/3 of the US market) + 2025-2035 ban in europe... means really bad news for competitors.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
That's a LOT of fucking Cranmer there... :D
The little bumps at the beginning and end and Yuna's turns are Cranmer, yes. Mariko's turns are on Larry Sale. All morning Yuna and I skied Larry Sale, lapping Arrow since there was no line and she doesn't mind the slow lift as she gets more snuggles.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Mortgage affordability calculator with hypothetical 95% LTV, 30 year, 3.000% loan on a second house (if such a lender exists that'd do this):

"With this information, you can get a general idea of how much home you can afford. For example, with a $79,200.00 down payment and a 30 year mortgage at 3.000%, you could afford a home that cost $1,584,600.00"

yeah nah, let's not do that.

(This does take into account our student loans, which aren't getting prepaid at all since they're at a lovely 0.15% at the moment. It doesn't take into account my high retirement savings, which makes me feel poorer, but similarly doesn't take into account bonuses, so that's probably a wash overall.)