Quantcast

Toshi's thread

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Mistbox update: it said to not leave it on during freezing conditions. It freezes a lot here over many months. I left it on. It froze up and now leaks like mad. Shall be disposed of once I find the proprietary tool to unlock it from its mount.

Just as well.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
The Italian PHEV minivan has occasionally been giving a "Put vehicle in Park to open sliding door" warning on the dashboard, while I'm driving with no one else in the car. (So no kids hitting the button.)

And now I swear that at least twice I've parked the van in the garage, opening one door intentionally to let car wash and/or rain moisture out into the open, and come back to it with the door closed.

Tonight I took a photo of the open sliding door to see who's crazy now.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
The Italian PHEV minivan has occasionally been giving a "Put vehicle in Park to open sliding door" warning on the dashboard, while I'm driving with no one else in the car. (So no kids hitting the button.)

And now I swear that at least twice I've parked the van in the garage, opening one door intentionally to let car wash and/or rain moisture out into the open, and come back to it with the door closed.

Tonight I took a photo of the open sliding door to see who's crazy now.

Try it now

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I have had the oil changed on it once already

perhaps it is time to trade it in (this might actually make financial sense if the trade in offer is good what with Fed, CO, and Chrysler credits/incentives).

DEED94AA-880A-4383-890B-049732E1E132.png

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I am pleased to report to you all a bowel transit time of 20 hours

experimentally confirmed via ingestion of corn

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Did zoom walkthrough of Mountain Haus this afternoon. Looks clean. Pool table and TVs were left behind, settling those questions.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Renewed Ikon Base for me, Winter Park only for wife, and got a $30 4-and-under pass for Baby Aya as well.

Mariko and Yuna will get their passes through the comp center.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Closing part 1 of 2 done. KeyBank got their final closing disclosure to me this morning at 8:26 AM for a 9 AM closing. $2,098.40 coming back to me as a refund, which is nice, I guess in that I'm paying that much less in various and sundry fees.

However, they still don't have their shit together for the documents for the second loan part (recall that I have a two loan structure on this one: one at the $548,250 conforming limit and the other to take it to 90% LTV). We waited in the title company's office for an hour but it wasn't forthcoming, so we set up a second appointment at 2:30 PM to go back and finish up the (hopefully complete at that time) paperwork.

I'm on clinical service this day. Outpatient CT/MR, at least, to allow for flexibility, and I'm going to use all of that flexibility as it turns out. Read a few cases last night and will do the rest of my "day's" work after dinner tonight. No sense in going in just for a little bit only to drive down for Closing #2 and then finish up the balance later yet.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
What could go wrong!
From my perspective or that of the bank? I went through the underwriting wringer and with house #2 (and super low rate student loans still hanging around) I'll be a touch under 31% DTI as I calculate it. Low risk ultimately from both sides of the equation.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Closing 2 is now done. Final figures:

$548,250 (conforming limit) on one note. 30 years fixed at 3.000%, paid a tenth of a point.

Second note is structured as a HELOC as far as I can tell, fully drawn at $137,500 (from memory). 30 year term. Variable. Prime plus 3.249% so not great! This shall be the first one to attack down the road for sure as the prime rate is 3.25% currently.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Put in application for HELOC on Denver place. Proceeds will be used to pay for improvements on the Tabernash place (I know interest will thus not be deductible, not sure if that even is a thing with the current Trump-era tax law anyway) and also quite possibly pay down a portion of the 6.499% second loan on the Tabernash place as well, because much better rate and all.

Also put in a service application for Slopeside Internet, the more homebrew of two long range WiFi ISPs in the area. They have a month to month option for a $200 additional one-time fee, which I elected for since I'm signed up for Starlink, whenever they may touch down in the area. Outside of the one-time fee and equipment and installation fees similarly not waived with month-to-month, it'll be $90/mo for their highest level of service, ~40 Mbps.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Good real world review of a Super C 4x4 with its build quality issues (sealing!) and clearance limitations.

Also see discussion in there re OCCC, super low on these F-550 based 4x4 Super Cs with big houses. To solve that Thor has finally grudgingly gone to the F-600 chassis for one 2022 floor plan, as I had speculated about a year or so ago here:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Yeah, that’s pretty shitty.

But if I’m approved to draw out $140k equity @ prime - 1.01% from the Denver house as I applied for (which is very reasonable given what it’s worth on paper) then I could, say, pay down the 6.499% second note on the Tabernash house by $100k and put the rest towards the house itself (deck/wall, painting, various).

Take $100k off the Tabernash balances and then I’m in non-conforming but << 80% LTV territory and thus could immediately refinance to one note ideally still at less than 3.000%, getting rid of the rest of the bad-rate debt in one fell swoop.

A shell game, I tell ya! But I think this could well work. Lack of deductibility of interest on the 2.24% Denver HELOC given what its funds would go to is true but also doesn’t bother me at all in the face of the alternative.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
For @Pesqueeb 's shuddering benefit:

As of 5/6/21, I'd gotten debts down to about $609k, about 23% below baseline of July 2019.

As of 5/7/21 that debt is up to about $1.3mm. But a new asset as well, to be fair. Million-plus-debtor club.