Quantcast

Toshi's thread

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
33,166
4,623
It appears we have our first booking

:-o

Screen Shot 2022-04-29 at 9.13.39 PM.png


(dumpster's still there.)
 
Last edited:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
33,166
4,623
$67k for a 121k mile driver condition 993 C4.


I'd be game for one of these at a similar price/condition down the road. But I lack the garage space and it's way lower on the list of priorities than basically anything else.
 

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
33,166
4,623
Awesome on so many fronts:

- current kid area getting better lifts (Discovery going from a slow 2 person to a quad, Endeavor from a fixed triple to a detachable quad)
- entirely new beginner and intermediate areas, which is something that Winter Park needs for balance/new skiers, honestly
- T-bar to the Cirque!
- old-ass Mary Jane mid-mountain lifts replaced by a 6 pack with mid station, really opening up access there

Not sure if the gondola from the village would help me much, but if it helps parking overall then I'm all for it. Also will give it a bit more of a Breck feel in the town itself, maybe.
 

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
33,166
4,623
Ya, 993. 996 was a mistake. Both there in the post and in general, for Porsche.

996 Turbos (thus with the Mezger) are the only ones immune from IMS woes, and they’re just so… egg-like.

50% chance I end up with an EV minivan to replace my 100 series. 40% chance I end up with a 3 row BEV SUV, like a EV9 or Explorer EV. 10% chance that I end up with a 3rd, small car: Aptera, Miata, another Leaf, an imiev?! or i3 or something stupid.

That leaves 0% chance for getting a Porsche.
 

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
33,166
4,623
Headed up to the mountain house today for some delayed errands. Drive remains pretty, but the snow is disappearing. (Mary Jane is still open!)



My much-massaged boots now have 100% more GripWalk sole plate action. Getting the ground-down old screws and plates off was non-trivial.



After a rescheduling due to their own labor shortage, Overhead Door made it out a few weeks ago to put in a new opener on the garage side that we don't use (as it's quite tight to the wall and shelves). Recall that both openers were Wayne Dalton i-Drive units, apparently not made for 15 years or so. They were able to put in a new, normal overhead belt drive unit. My contribution to the effort, in addition to paying their bill ($830 including parts, labor, and the inherent trip charge out to Grand County) was to secure a 10' extension cord to the ceiling, as the old outlet was by the door proper due to the weird design of the i-Drives.



Oh, and as for the true underlying reason why I went up: the construction dumpster is finally gone! I was going to install a WiFi camera so that I could peer on the dumpster in the driveway but it turns out that wasn't necessary as the contractor finally came through, just a few months late.

So now we can be 100% live on the listing(s). I'm not sure what exactly was live before as we have bookings for 7 and 4 days in July already through Vacasa. I hope it rents out for Memorial Day weekend as we can't go up anyway (as I'm working 4-10 PM Friday, 5-10 PM Saturday, 7 AM-5 PM Sunday).

70% of anything is better than 100% of nothing, so as the date grows closer I hope their dynamic pricing and stay length algorithms do their thing and get it filled up.

Rent my house!

 

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
33,166
4,623
Gah. No swallows on Saturday when I was up. Now I am told they are moving in. Going to get my snow removal guy to pressure wash them away ASAP.
 

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
47,739
13,142
Sleazattle
At least the swallow bugs are gone. Or were gone.

This is the swallows themselves once again. The snow plow dude stopped by and said he saw no nests but that there might be gaps at the edge of the metal flashing behind which birds might be hiding. Metal flashing dude will stop by on Saturday.

Get some eave vipers
 

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
33,166
4,623


Just shy of 3 hours of seat time today between easy Peloton spins (one during a noon meeting in which I was mostly silent) and riding about the Rocky Mountain Arsenal.
 

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
33,166
4,623


A finance two-fer: Above, Mint with perhaps the least helpful graph possible. No y-axis units at all, and nothing when you click or hover over the dots, either (except labeling the "today" dot--thanks).



And above, a helpful reminder that I have a lot of debt. Hmph. Attn @Pesqueeb and other mortgage-less people. (That said, I'm solidly net positive thanks to two houses on the balance sheet to offset this + sundry retirement savings.)
 

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
33,166
4,623
View attachment 175479

My babies are smart babies

(Yes, they misspelled "expextations"[sic] in there)

((Recall this is my middle kid: 1st grader. Doesn't consider herself a big reader, but apparently is just fine. Recommended "appropriate reading challenge without frustration" level is grade level 3.9-6.0.))
IMG_2436.jpeg


It wasn't a fluke--last assessment of the year for the middle child. My babies are big-brained little girls.
 

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
33,166
4,623
Swallow-house update: My snow plow dude has been by a few times in the last week. He reported seeing a few birds but no evidence that they're building nests on the metal-clad eaves. He even bust out a long ladder and took a peek.

The guy whose outfit did last year's swallow remediation is coming out this upcoming weekend to look it over himself. He was to come out this past weekend but late snows have hit the high country pretty solidly.
 

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
21,365
9,432
behind you, don't wait up.
View attachment 176706

It wasn't a fluke--last assessment of the year for the middle child. My babies are big-brained little girls.
Smart parents raise smart kids. I mean, my folks aside. :banghead:

I'm sure I'm just crazy or paranoid, but, from this post I can figure out where your kid goes to school, easily find the school hours and address, know in who's class she sits, etc. Do you ever worry about oversharing when it comes to the kids? I know the :monkey: isn't like social media but it's still floating info out into public.
 

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
33,166
4,623
Her school name isn't a secret. I'm not concerned with those data being public.

I'm more concerned with you all not appreciating my darling baby girls :D