Quantcast

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I feel attacked.

At least I would never spend $52K on a fucking cross over SUV.
He included 3 years x specific ownership tax in that number fwiw. It's actually not a bad price if you don't mind not having a dashboard, phantom braking, or Elon being a horrible person on many levels

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
He included 3 years x specific ownership tax in that number fwiw. It's actually not a bad price if you don't mind not having a dashboard, phantom braking, or Elon being a horrible person on many levels
Or driving a shitty minivan while trying too look like both a douche bag and a rugged individualist.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Upcoming things for the money sink mountain house:

- May 1-4 window replacement. Might have to go and sign off on the work on May 4 or 5 in person.
- May 10 I'm heading up there with a U-Haul trailer to drop off a TV, the range hood, the drawer microwave, and some smaller sundry items. This is also when I'll cut some holes in drywall and set off bug bombs.
- May 15 is the Critter Control rescheduled date for fixing up/completing the job on the swallow bug metal flashing and smoking out the attic. They'll also spray the main floors, I'm pretty sure.
- May 20-21 we'll head up and pack up all bedding, closet contents, etc. in probably Costco black plastic bins. Then the remodeling company's crews will shuffle those around as things get worked on/recarpeted, etc.

What we have now:

- tentative plans for kitchen remodel and master suite creation
- hot tub on order, still awaiting delivery to the Centennial dealer that had the Costco deal
- I still do not have plans from the structural engineer, thus no county permit application (which I'll have to turn in in person, I think?) or final HOA approval (pending application number for the permit) let alone getting the shoring up work done. As I've written before, though, the unladen hot tub on the deck should be 100% fine as is. It's the water + human weight that's the concern.

(recall dry weight of 778 lb. Filled weight of 5,931 lb, and that's without 7-8 people.)

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river

- May 1-4 window replacement. Might have to go and sign off on the work on May 4 or 5 in person.
- May 10 I'm heading up there with a U-Haul trailer to drop off a TV, the range hood, the drawer microwave, and some smaller sundry items. This is also when I'll cut some holes in drywall and set off bug bombs.
- May 15 is the Critter Control rescheduled date for fixing up/completing the job on the swallow bug metal flashing and smoking out the attic. They'll also spray the main floors, I'm pretty sure.
- May 20-21 we'll head up and pack up all bedding, closet contents, etc. in probably Costco black plastic bins. Then the remodeling company's crews will shuffle those around as things get worked on/recarpeted, etc.

What we have now:

- tentative plans for kitchen remodel and master suite creation
- hot tub on order, still awaiting delivery to the Centennial dealer that had the Costco deal
- I still do not have plans from the structural engineer, thus no county permit application (which I'll have to turn in in person, I think?) or final HOA approval (pending application number for the permit) let alone getting the shoring up work done. As I've written before, though, the unladen hot tub on the deck should be 100% fine as is. It's the water + human weight that's the concern.

(recall dry weight of 778 lb. Filled weight of 5,931 lb, and that's without 7-8 people.)
I anticipate running out of popcorn before this remodeling gets done. :D

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
That instrument is calling you fat!
I have a grip dynamometer that has you put in your gender and age. Then when you test if you are below the adjusted norms it flashes WEAK WEAK at you. (I can hit the norms but did a weak effort one to see what’d happen. It is amusing how it just insults you.)

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
market remains insane at the top end

1997 Turbo S. Low miles, yes, but $465k

Last edited:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Stool sample collection (for PCR on my stool to figure out what bug I have been brewing) is one of the grossest things I’ve done. And I’ve changed myriad diapers over the years.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Stool sample collection (for PCR on my stool to figure out what bug I have been brewing) is one of the grossest things I’ve done. And I’ve changed myriad diapers over the years.
Some poor bastard has to test it.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
ended up going for something different... Logitech Pro. TrueForce + GT7 sounded like something I would like.

have to make sure I don't sacrifice sleep to drive races! especially since this will be sit down driving time as opposed to futzing around while Pelotoning.
I think I’m going to return the wheel and pedals. (Stuck with the 52 lb metal stand bought separately as I didn’t set that box aside, whoops.)

I enjoy it and driving is better with it—got gold on a few more license tests tonight—but I don’t love the experience. And for that price I should be head over heels with it.

ebarker9

Monkey
Oct 2, 2007
I think I’m going to return the wheel and pedals. (Stuck with the 52 lb metal stand bought separately as I didn’t set that box aside, whoops.)

I enjoy it and driving is better with it—got gold on a few more license tests tonight—but I don’t love the experience. And for that price I should be head over heels with it.
Anything in particular you didn't like about it or just generally wasn't worth the expense?

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Anything in particular you didn't like about it or just generally wasn't worth the expense?
I can "feel" the tires gripping better and all but it's all still far removed from reality to feel like anything but a game. I'll give it another shot with the VR2 also donned to see if that extra dose of immersion helps it.

ebarker9

Monkey
Oct 2, 2007
I can "feel" the tires gripping better and all but it's all still far removed from reality to feel like anything but a game. I'll give it another shot with the VR2 also donned to see if that extra dose of immersion helps it.
VR2 for this game is supposed to be incredible. I'm tempted to pick one up.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Denver assessed my house at a cool $257,700 _more_ than in 2020, which doesn't make much sense at all given what mortgage rates have done since then. At least protesting online is a straightforward process.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
you're never getting those plans.

get any/all contractors to adhere to a written schedule. All designs, all procurement, all labor, all subs. Once payments start, have them face damages for unexcused delays. If they don't agree, you probably don't want to use them.
I still do not have plans from the structural engineer, thus no county permit application (which I'll have to turn in in person, I think?) or final HOA approval (pending application number for the permit) let alone getting the shoring up work done. As I've written before, though, the unladen hot tub on the deck should be 100% fine as is. It's the water + human weight that's the concern.

the plans exist, at last.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
So you're getting a new pergola?
///Pergola

the stringers being worn as hats by the support structure are those under the (main floor, one above this basement ground level) deck’s surface. Hot tub shall live above said surface.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Finally. Waiting on finance dude/dudette. Such a slow process even without haggling.

IMG_8474.jpeg
IMG_8475.jpeg

oh, and Stealth lists an EQB hitch officially (before was going to get a GLB hitch and hope Lampert Hitch could make the mounting points work). Ordered that as well.

edit: didn't come home with it since they couldn't match financing rates. uploaded bill of sale to DCU and they'll get a check FedExed out to me by Tuesday or Wednesday after I finalize the loan via a call on Monday morning.

Last edited:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
uploaded bill of sale to DCU and they'll get a check FedExed out to me by Tuesday or Wednesday after I finalize the loan via a call on Monday morning.
Financial transparency/shock post now that I've finalized my DCU loan:

My monthly payment for this EQB is going to be $1,275.91. Yeah, joining that not so great club along with 17% of people with car notes...

That said, it's not quite so dire.

1) Got the EQB for MSRP + $0 ADM thanks to putting $5k down non-refundable in June 2022 and getting this in writing.

2) No extra dealer fees--ethical new manager axed them all!

3) DCU car note is 5.49% @ 65 mo, good in this rate climate.

4) I'll get $7,500 back from the Feds and $2,000 back from CO when I file my 2023 taxes (the former through the IRA's Transition Rule, by virtue of that June 2022 deposit!).

5) I will sell one of our owned-free-and-clear current vehicles and will get $25-35k out of that.

So in the end will this cost me money versus sticking with what I had/have? Yes, certainly.

But I wanted an AWD, BEV, 3 row (albeit tiny 3rd row) SUV with all the modern autobrake and lane keep assist, etc. And this fits the bill*. Too bad about the interest rate climate, though.

* Due to it being unavailable at build due to chip shortages or whatever, no ventilated seats for me, sadly. But heated wheel at least.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001

Window replacement has happened. They also worked on May 6.

One sliding door was in the correctly labeled box but got built 2.5" too short. They have the too small one foamed in there and will come back to replace it with the correct part once that is built and shipped. Otherwise I did the walkthrough via FaceTime and the windows look great. Which they should for the price.

Apparently the installation was very difficult: tight fitment of original windows + use of glue on the frames. Thus the 5 full days of labor.

Costco.com didn't get the dishwasher and range in to their warehouse in time for the planned May 10 delivery so that's not happening. I'm still heading up with a 5 x 8' single axle U-Haul trailer (as I don't need that much room and hopefully the single axle one will pull better?) during the day on Wednesday for the other parts of my errand day. I shall busy myself with home/deck tasks and smoke out some bugs.

Financial transparency/shock post now that I've finalized my DCU loan:

My monthly payment for this EQB is going to be $1,275.91. Yeah, joining that not so great club along with 17% of people with car notes...

That said, it's not quite so dire.

1) Got the EQB for MSRP + $0 ADM thanks to putting $5k down non-refundable in June 2022 and getting this in writing.

2) No extra dealer fees--ethical new manager axed them all!

3) DCU car note is 5.49% @ 65 mo, good in this rate climate.

4) I'll get $7,500 back from the Feds and $2,000 back from CO when I file my 2023 taxes (the former through the IRA's Transition Rule, by virtue of that June 2022 deposit!).

5) I will sell one of our owned-free-and-clear current vehicles and will get $25-35k out of that.

So in the end will this cost me money versus sticking with what I had/have? Yes, certainly.

But I wanted an AWD, BEV, 3 row (albeit tiny 3rd row) SUV with all the modern autobrake and lane keep assist, etc. And this fits the bill*. Too bad about the interest rate climate, though.

* Due to it being unavailable at build due to chip shortages or whatever, no ventilated seats for me, sadly. But heated wheel at least.
Have you figured out annual subscription fees?