will snap some more/better photos before then
Snapped some as promised

IMG_9279.jpeg
IMG_9284.jpeg
IMG_9283.jpeg
IMG_9287.jpeg
IMG_9289.jpeg
IMG_9278.jpeg

Pictorial evidence that the EQB is small. Airport run. One large, two small suitcases and that half of the back area is quite full.

IMG_9276.jpeg
IMG_9275.jpeg
IMG_9277.jpeg

could have crammed Mariko into the middle row with the smaller booster for Yuna without arm rests, but this worked if only just so.

Last edited:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I then used my snazzy hollow center wrench to undo the hub motor’s axle nuts so as to replace the cassette with a road one (for nice 12-13-14-15 gears at the high end, which is all I use). But my Park lockring tool clearly won’t work with a hub axle and motor leads. Ordered a generic one with a big void in the center from Amazon that should work.
Got the new lockring tool with a larger inner bore and no central pin yesterday, so I swapped out the cassette finally

IMG_9355.jpeg
IMG_9356.jpeg
IMG_9357.jpeg
IMG_9358.jpeg
IMG_9359.jpeg

The new ostensibly road bike cassette has its high end gears spaced 1 tooth apart: 11,12,13,14,16,18,21,24,28t. I was wrong above with the numbers but the idea is the same Note the muck on the old cassette only on the small cogs: I pretty much exclusively ride in the second from highest gear on the old cassette so should be able to replicate that on the new one for sure
EVSE wiring: 80% of project cost, rebate up to $1k
Electric service upgrade if necessary to support said EVSE wiring project: 80% of project cost, up to $2k

so I got a quote from Tipping Hat for running a line to the outside of my garage, ostensibly for a future EVSE out there (which may well happen down the road when we have 3+ drivers!). quote for this run + adding a subpanel that'd give room for this nominally EVSE-wiring's breaker as well as have one more open 240V slot that'd coincidentally be just perfect for a hot tub line is $4,800 before rebates, so a much more palatable $1,800 post rebates.
Turns out Xcel will only pony up for the $2k wiring upgrade rebate if against a whole new panel! which is five figures. No rebate love for my sub panel addition. Hmph

holding off on electrician shenanigans for now thusly

Last edited:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Turns out Xcel will only pony up for the $2k wiring upgrade rebate if against a whole new panel! which is five figures. No rebate love for my sub panel addition. Hmph

holding off on electrician shenanigans for now thusly
Different more reasonable quote on a subpanel from Table Mountain Electric.

IMG_9363.jpeg

still need concrete guy to come by. I need a 50a circuit but that’ll be $100 more I think.

Last edited:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
@Toshi - have you been at all involved in the kerfuffle in your mountain 'hood regarding the proposed apartment complex?

NOT IN MY BACK YARD!!

:rofl:
I have been informed by our mailing lists but I have no quarrel with it. :)

I don’t want the Fraser Valley Pkwy, though.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Current status

IMG_9381.jpeg
IMG_9382.jpeg
IMG_9380.jpeg

She was able to do the repair (vs the salvage meniscectomy option). And she recently changed her official post op instructions to weight bearing as tolerated! so I am marginally less non compliant.

Last edited:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
IMG_9390.jpeg

brace off, up and walking gingerly. Thing with battery isn’t an ankle GPS tracker but rather is a battery operated calf squeezer, a sequential compression device. I put on the one on the right after this, too. Helps stave off blood clots. (As does moving as I’m doing!)

Last edited:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
View attachment 195638

brace off, up and walking gingerly. Thing with battery isn’t an ankle GPS tracker but rather is a battery operated calf squeezer, a sequential compression device. I put on the one on the right after this, too. Helps stave off blood clots. (As does moving as I’m doing!)
When are you allowed to moped in the mountains again?

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
When are you allowed to moped in the mountains again?
when I tolerate it! Which probably will be some weeks. Can get about 20 degrees range of motion right now—part of this no doubt swelling and part due to the dressing itself, which stays on for 3 days.

arthroscopic images for your ogling. Sutures clearly seen after the repair.

IMG_9391.jpeg
IMG_9393.jpeg
IMG_9395.jpeg

update: per my online ortho surgeon buddy: "A bit degen but a repairable HCT [horizontal cleavage tear]. Looks great."

Last edited:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
IMG_9399.jpeg

A cute example of what stress/pain does to one’s glucose response. Flat line until after 3 as I was fasted for the surgery (since I was under general anesthetic with an LMA down my pharynx). Ate a little in PACU 3:15 onward but that long rise is all the pain.

IMG_9398.jpeg

Speaking of that I’ve donned my ice pack for the night. Took naproxen and Tylenol alike as well. Yes, it’ll pause the healing response overnight. Yes, I’m ok with putting that off until morning, then the body can resume its inflammatory goings-on as I work a day from home.

Last edited:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
did I post this in my post surgery stupor? new data from yesterday

IMG_9373.jpeg

Last edited:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
doing me some maths (seeing if there’s one stub out location that’d work for the Bullfrog R8L that’s waiting at the dealer and a hypothetical S150 down the road. I think there is, and that we should pour the pad for the future S150 even though the R8 will be swimming on it.)

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
16 x 14' proved to be too visually daunting when laid out on the back lawn with the concrete guy who finally came by after a week+ of trying to set it up.

Awaiting his quote for a 9 x 12' pad (for the 7' 10" square hot tub + its stairs) + walkway thickness concrete next to it and leading towards the front of the house.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
also, credit card apparently was compromised. I don't think I've ever been to a Wing Stop.

I won't have the bulletproof Sapphire Reserve rental car coverage for our rental in Reno. Nothing I can do, though.

edit: whomever skimmed my card also tried to buy $500 of Southwest tix. fraudulent charges rejected and new cards in my paws. got to memorize the new number now

Last edited: