Quantcast

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Went with the CST. The Kenda Juggernaut also looks ok, like a slightly nicer version of the worn out OEM Kenda on there now.

ordered two because they’re on sale. Will swap out both for good measure/more balanced tread designs for OCD’s sake and keep the old front around as a spare.

Last edited:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
shaved my head and face:

lifted, as did my wife and my tiny Baby Aya. I finished today with 130 lb x 8 reps on bench so next time on Wed or Thurs I'll finally graduate to 1 man-sized 45 lb plate on each end of the barbell.

family ride to/from local park since the weather held

doin' me some moonlightin' now. because $$$ and it helps us during the day tomorrow (me included since I'm on service).

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
PV timeline for the mountain house

pv timeline.PNG

If they get it on the roof prior to the new year that'd be nice wrt tax credit timing. But if they can't do it by Dec 20th (as the 18th-20th is when the cold climate mini split heat pump for the master suite is going in) I'll have them push it after the new year. Not worth sacrificing peak season rental dates for an install, certainly.

edit: stair carpet going in tomorrow, and the plumber for the radiant zone "next week". still waiting on the listing and photos to be updated before I open up post-Dec 11 rental dates (leaving 18th-20th blocked for the heat pump).

Last edited:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Updated photos and bed layout finally up on my Vacasa listing. Time to open the calendar back up! No idea why they chose this fairly random order to the photos but whatever.

I suggested a better order to the photos. And one not featuring bird crap (?) in the first one, too. :-D

anyway, calendar reopened, with our ski use blocked off and all

Screenshot 2023-11-22 at 1.53.51 PM.png
Screenshot 2023-11-22 at 1.54.01 PM.png

Last edited:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Family lifting day today. Got a whiteboard with what everyone is pushing by the rack.

Note full depth on squat with barely any weight on the bar (the 16 lb kid/wife bar in this case even!).

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Jessica: “if you had $50,000 what would you buy for your mom?”

Baby Aya: “toilet paper!”

Everyone:

Baby Aya: “oh, I heard ‘for your bum’”

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Went with the CST. The Kenda Juggernaut also looks ok, like a slightly nicer version of the worn out OEM Kenda on there now.

ordered two because they’re on sale. Will swap out both for good measure/more balanced tread designs for OCD’s sake and keep the old front around as a spare.
Duly replaced. They look nice. Wrangling Mr. Tuffy is a pain

IMG_1510.jpeg
IMG_1511.jpeg
IMG_1512.jpeg
IMG_1513.jpeg
IMG_1514.jpeg
IMG_1515.jpeg

Last edited:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Family lifting day today. Got a whiteboard with what everyone is pushing by the rack.

Note full depth on squat with barely any weight on the bar (the 16 lb kid/wife bar in this case even!).
partial family lifting day yesterday. Mariko did a few wobbly sets on bench--got to lower the weight for her. Yuna declined. Baby Aya pressed the (16 lb 6' size) barbell for a few times. she's motivated! wife did full sets with me, just not deadlift.

I got some bumper plates on sale so added in deadlift to my mini circuit. after some form correction:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I’m not smart and thus didn’t turn the chlorine cartridge to “on” (one of its 1-4 settings + off) when swapping it out last month. Thus it is not good now. I think I’ll leave it empty for a few months since I don’t want to drain and refill over the winter.
So I ended up refilling it after giving it a good clean, clearly. And I also figured out a mystery that had been low level bugging me for a few weeks:

as per the above the cartridges have off, 1, 2, 3, 4 settings. Higher dispenses more and runs through the cartridge quicker. For this size/model hot tub a 3 is the right setting with normal amounts of use.

one tests if the setting is right via test strips. This is a weird proprietary Smartchlor setup, Frog @ease. I would test and test and even with the other parameters (alkalinity, pH, TDS, hardness) nominal the strips were reading low Smartchlor levels.

well, last night as I exited the hot tub I looked at a test strip I’d dipped before getting in, and lo and behold the Smartchlor box was dark (that being good). The assay just takes its sweet time to change colors apparently: I was just looking at it too soon.

IMG_1558.jpeg

Last edited:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
‘‘twas not warm on the Highline Canal Trail tonight

IMG_1566.jpeg
IMG_1564.jpeg
IMG_1567.jpeg

Last edited:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
So I ended up refilling it after giving it a good clean, clearly. And I also figured out a mystery that had been low level bugging me for a few weeks:

as per the above the cartridges have off, 1, 2, 3, 4 settings. Higher dispenses more and runs through the cartridge quicker. For this size/model hot tub a 3 is the right setting with normal amounts of use.

one tests if the setting is right via test strips. This is a weird proprietary Smartchlor setup, Frog @ease. I would test and test and even with the other parameters (alkalinity, pH, TDS, hardness) nominal the strips were reading low Smartchlor levels.

well, last night as I exited the hot tub I looked at a test strip I’d dipped before getting in, and lo and behold the Smartchlor box was dark (that being good). The assay just takes its sweet time to change colors apparently: I was just looking at it too soon.

View attachment 204212
GTFO with that test strip shit.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
GTFO with that test strip shit.

I don’t think that works with my proprietary Smartchlor system, which is supposed to run with low free amounts of chlorine by its design

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.

View attachment 204212
The ones I use say to wait 15 seconds after dipping in the water. They definitely continue to change afterwards as long as they remain wet. I'd want to make sure you're following the procedures correctly before determining if your chemicals are ideally balanced.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
I don’t think that works with my proprietary Smartchlor system, which is supposed to run with low free amounts of chlorine by its design

Don't you still have to manage pH, alkalinity, and total water hardness?

FTR - that sanitization spiel sounds like witchcraft. :D

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
There is some established history. :D

Popped this on

View attachment 194339View attachment 194340View attachment 194341

If it doesn’t make an appreciable difference I shall yeet it back to Costco
CRYSTALS, man!

:drag:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Don't you still have to manage pH, alkalinity, and total water hardness?

I agree. but it came with this hot tub and peoples' gripes online seem to be with the cost and that regular test strips/kits don't work with it due to the different chemistry.

I'm ok with the cost--stocked up on 2 years of supplies for it on sale from a shop in MA of all places--and in exchange I get hopefully non-green water with lower free chlorine levels for mah body

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Happy new trial shower head and fishing of the unholy morass of long female hair and (admittedly probably mostly my) snot from the shower drain day to those who celebrate

Hopefully this one won’t scale all up like the old one now that my house’s waters are softened. Leverage on that arm from the rain shower head makes me dubious—already has slipped once.

bonus kitteh

IMG_1573.jpeg
IMG_1576.jpeg
IMG_1575.jpeg
IMG_1574.jpeg

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
there comes a time

when a not so young any more man decides that now would be a good time to look into whether there exist any cold weather biking helmets that would make him look goofier yet

retaining a GoPro mount for my helmet light would be nice

: spaceballs helmet.gif:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
A Fox Dropframe would fit that bill nicely.

Though a Giro Tyrant looks more appealing, personally.

Though though the Abus Pedelec 2.0 with optional ear covers might be right up your alley. And its e-bike approved. :brows:

1701377419743.png

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I'm going to try a $9 Amazon head cover that is going to be too small for my giant head with 99% certainty

617pvCWIDcL._AC_SX679_.jpg

also trying an on-sale Giro Range MIPS as it has a (n annoyingly front mounted) GoPro mount integrated. I suspect it'll be too small in its L size and the position of the mount with the weight of the light will be annoying.

Last edited:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Hopefully this one won’t scale all up like the old one now that my house’s waters are softened. Leverage on that arm from the rain shower head makes me dubious—already has slipped once.

IMG_1576.jpeg
update: dubiousness was warranted. it slipped again and now can't be tightened any more to keep the rain shower head from just falling all the way forward

shall return it posthaste

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I don't have much hair and when I wear one of those thing cap things on really cold winter rides, it makes the helmet feel like its sitting above my head, rather than on it - if that makes sense.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
solo lifting tonight. new woo-branded phone holder on my real tripod worked great.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
per Citi's reading of Equifax data my credit score has recovered. perhaps the lowered credit utilization ratio by virtue of increasing the total available credit line on the mountain house's HELOC has hit the algorithm.

citi.PNG

IB6thpostshis845 :D

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
Updated photos and bed layout finally up on my Vacasa listing. Time to open the calendar back up! No idea why they chose this fairly random order to the photos but whatever.

I suggested a better order to the photos. And one not featuring bird crap (?) in the first one, too. :-D

anyway, calendar reopened, with our ski use blocked off and all

View attachment 203994View attachment 203995
The TV on a tripod touching the bed is a little odd too. Maybe its for maximum fappability in bed??

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Kyle heat molded my shells again. Whole shells to 180F, toe box with torch to 260F or so. Toe caps and two pairs of socks. Hopefully this pain now pays off.

IMG_1617.jpeg
IMG_1616.jpeg
IMG_1612.jpeg
IMG_1618.jpeg
IMG_1620.jpeg
IMG_1607.jpeg
IMG_1610.jpeg

Last edited:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Boiler for the hydronic radiant heat system has shit the bed. An all electric house from all possible sources such as the basement cooktop (off now) until Hydrotek can put in a new modern boiler on Wed or Thurs

Snau on drive up. New stair carpet is nice and soft. Electric shit charging for day 1 tomorrow.

IMG_1625.jpeg
IMG_1630.jpeg
IMG_1634.jpeg
IMG_1629.jpeg
IMG_1633.jpeg
IMG_1632.jpeg
IMG_1637.jpeg

Last edited:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
(The astute reader will note that the house has a 4 ton 5 head mini split heat pump. That’s running full blast and is why the house wasn’t ambient temp. But it can’t keep up with the heating loads of this big house alone at 18F.)