Quantcast

gonefirefightin

free wieners
Skied

Baby Aya loves the mascot doggo

fixed off center Trex board connectors while kids warmed up pizzas afterward

going to drive Denver-wards after dinner tonight to mix things up. My gear is coming back (bringing the wide planks) because I’m skiing. At least Wednesday. Maybe Tuesday as well? Let’s see how this storm shakes out

View attachment 208219

View attachment 208220

View attachment 208221View attachment 208222View attachment 208223View attachment 208224

View attachment 208225

View attachment 208226View attachment 208227View attachment 208228
Too long of spans and too cold, I dont go more than 6 or 8 foot cuts in cold climates and still leave a 1/16th expansion gap for summer temps

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I have gone down in Citi's eyes, but up in most others despite my credit utilization ratio staying higher than kosher due to the HELOC draws. apart from Lending Tree the effect of that credit utilization has slunk back to being only a small hit to ye olde score relative to low-utilization baseline.

credit score round up Jan 2024, with reported 43% overall credit utilization ratio
VendorScore
Chase (Experian VantageScore 3.0)
739​
Credit.com (Experian, ibid.)
739​
Credit Sesame (TransUnion)
743​
Credit Karma (TransUnion)
743​
Credit Karma (Equifax)
745​
Lending Tree
685​
Capital One (Experian)
743​
American Express (Experian FICO Score 8)
763​
Citi (Equifax FICO Bankcard Score 8)
780​

:notbadobama:
Feb update. Lending Tree has forgiven me. algorithms have all basically written out the effects of the HELOC draws as steady state, apparently.

Screenshot 2024-02-27 at 8.50.57 AM.png

mid-March I'm going to do more shell games, as BECU has a 3% balance transfer fee x some 15ish month period of 0% APR promo going through 3/31. 3% or 2.75% effective or whatever is a lot lower than the 9.8% that my PNC HELOC is sitting at!

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
found one! Fairwinds. $5 one time membership fee. 0% x 12 mo, 0 balance transfer fee.

(Justice FCU does 18 mo x 0%, no transfer fee. but eligibility is strict, for justice and law enforcement groups only basically.)

edit: Fairwinds rejected me! too many accounts, etc. etc.

Last edited:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
taxes done and filed. got upsold for $35 for audit protection. I'm always a nominally high risk but this year is exceptional even given this as I'm claiming a section 179 deduction for the interior renovation, among other things

View attachment 207801

View attachment 207803

View attachment 207802
hot damn

filed on Feb 15 as above

both Federal and CO state refunds hit my checking account via ACH as of today, Feb 28

good job, competent government

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
hot damn

filed on Feb 15 as above

both Federal and CO state refunds hit my checking account via ACH as of today, Feb 28

good job, competent government
maybe competent govt? got a letter from CO today saying that they reduced my claimed CO state EV credit to 0. so I filed a protest online, as this was not my error as far as I can tell.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
two house-related mysteries solved:

1) the hot tub tripping its breaker. ultimately it proved to be a very simple problem that we all overlooked:

the hot tub needs a 50A circuit. I asked the electrician for a 50A circuit. I was invoiced for a 50A circuit. but what's there in reality now that we look with sober eyes is 10 ga or so wire and a 30A breaker, a 30A circuit through and through. yeah, that'd cause that to trip… call is out to the electrical company to get this fixed with the promised 50A line.

2) water intrusion issues in the mechanical room in the basement. by chance my calendar told me to put in water softener cleaner today. so I did this, and then started a manual recharge cycle then as one is to do after putting the cleaner in.

well, first there was a slow trickle of water from the softener's drain. it tripped my water sensor down there and I repositioned the drain line a bit. also set up new WiFi water sensors that I'd had sitting around but hadn't gotten around to setting up and configuring until then.

this was fortuitous, because it turns out the water softener's recharge process has a cycle where it pumps a lot of water out its drain! my phone alerted me while I was thankfully at home still (away for long weekend! could have been bad), I saw what was going on, stuffed the drain tubing down the floor drain so that it wasn't shooting out at the wall, and started drying the wet-once-more (if only a tiny portion this time) carpet with the industrial air mover I bought after the last time this happened.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Tuesday’s avalanche on Berthoud that shut it down that morning was a big boi

IMG_1269.jpeg

Photo via CAIC although I can’t find the report on their site

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
View attachment 208267

popped in some batteries, aired up the tires, and rode it around a bit! it's fun. still have no idea what I'll actually do with it other than just dick around in the alleyway

two house-related mysteries solved:

1) the hot tub tripping its breaker. ultimately it proved to be a very simple problem that we all overlooked:

the hot tub needs a 50A circuit. I asked the electrician for a 50A circuit. I was invoiced for a 50A circuit. but what's there in reality now that we look with sober eyes is 10 ga or so wire and a 30A breaker, a 30A circuit through and through. yeah, that'd cause that to trip… call is out to the electrical company to get this fixed with the promised 50A line.

another electrician from the same outfit came out today, and it turns out the supposed 1" conduit that the first electrician put down was actually 0.5" i.d.

so it was a pain in the ass and a half for him. he did get 3 x 8 ga (and 1 x 10 ga for ground) through that after multiple hours, no joke. 8 ga is good to 55A, he says, therefore everything should be fixed now.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Somewhere around Tahoe yesterday

IMG_1304.jpeg

kitty snuggler

IMG_1303.jpeg

errands and kid pickup via cargo bike

IMG_1297.jpeg

IMG_1302.jpeg

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
popped in some batteries, aired up the tires, and rode it around a bit! it's fun. still have no idea what I'll actually do with it other than just dick around in the alleyway

another electrician from the same outfit came out today, and it turns out the supposed 1" conduit that the first electrician put down was actually 0.5" i.d.

so it was a pain in the ass and a half for him. he did get 3 x 8 ga (and 1 x 10 ga for ground) through that after multiple hours, no joke. 8 ga is good to 55A, he says, therefore everything should be fixed now.
Did they fire the original electrician?

gonefirefightin

free wieners
in case you're bored and wanted to see my commute

@Sandwich may be interested to compare non-acoustic bike experiences. (this is in Sport mode on my Juiced RipCurrent S.)
Im not sure a e-bike would get me to town and back let alone up the driveway, cool commute, looks a bit chilly tho

gonefirefightin

free wieners
you'd want a mid drive for Kirkendall for sure. a hub motor would just create heat.
That street is posing more challenges than I thought, concrete trucks have to back all the way up the hill since they are rear dumps, equipment has to be roaded up from the bay, trailers over a certain length/departure angle are impassable and can pretty much forget long loads unless they are on a bobtail and loaded over the cab. Will be interesting.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I lifted

bro

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
in case you're bored and wanted to see my commute

@Sandwich may be interested to compare non-acoustic bike experiences. (this is in Sport mode on my Juiced RipCurrent S.)
Dank. I recharged my fully and it looks like 20mi in sport mode. That should be enough to get me to work but I'll need to recharge it. I think warmer weather and a charger at work and I'll be cookin' along.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Dank. I recharged my fully and it looks like 20mi in sport mode. That should be enough to get me to work but I'll need to recharge it. I think warmer weather and a charger at work and I'll be cookin' along.
how many Wh is yours packing? mine is overkill all around: 1000W, 52V x 19.2Ah so right near 1 kWh. I can do 40 miles but the last 10 get throttled, if you will--output drops way more than just voltage sag would indicate. Flip side is it's like 90 lb so not bus bike rack friendly in the slightest (got to be 55 lb and <= 2.4" tires).

I did an (e-)bike/train/bike commute across town today. Lugged in the battery and charger.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
It's a 400wh battery. 85nm torque. I don't know what that converts to in watts, I think I read 350w peak power but I've also read that watts are the wrong way to measure ebike performance and nm/torque is the correct.

After charging overnight, the range display said something like 60mi, 24mi, 20mi, 14mi for eco/tour/sport/turbo. Being able to ride in on sport and charge would be slick- I had to split time between tour and eco to get from home to work and back (31mi) the other day

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
250w normal power and 600w max. I certainly don't need any more- most of my commute is on bike path and tour was just fine. I wouldn't mind the 500w battery, but I also kind of planned on charging at work and the $2000 discount was worth it!

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
a big one