Quantcast

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
that's crazy how it propagated upwards towards him after he triggered it

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Isn't that more that the slab broke up as the whole slab moved downhill?
Yep - I think that's an optical illusion in the video...
could be. but:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
could be. but:

The resident TRG ex-patroller/SSD/avy expert described it as such: "That was the slab flowing up and over the stock wall and yes, it was a great demonstration of flowing solids acting as a liquid mass."

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
rode mah OneWheel

didn't experience the haptic buzz feature that was added in the post-recall update so apparently what I was asking of it wasn't troublesome to its computer-brain

synthetic oil change at my neighborhood Les Schwab (almost precisely 1 mile from me--walked back from there this morning) was $119. would have been $60 including tax at Walmart. but I'd have to wait in an austere Walmart Auto Services waiting area as they did their thing, whereas with this I was able to walk back home, take a nap, etc.

that's probably worth $60 to me at this point in my life

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I should get a bunch more Washlets

still have 6 un-Washleted toilets by my count

washlet.PNG

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Bust out the skinny skis and posed for the camera. Videos at link

IMG_1430.jpeg

IMG_1442.jpeg
IMG_1432.jpeg

IMG_1412.jpeg
IMG_1413.jpeg

IMG_1404.jpeg

Last edited:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Is that just the car?
that's the mountain house usage, low since our use of it is weekends-only during the season and water and primary house heat is via an NG hydronic boiler. rental groups more often will span a whole week, and there were two groups over Presidents Day weekend/week. not sure how the utility has March figures already--offset month?

gonefirefightin

free wieners
that's the mountain house usage, low since our use of it is weekends-only during the season and water and primary house heat is via an NG hydronic boiler. rental groups more often will span a whole week, and there were two groups over Presidents Day weekend/week. not sure how the utility has March figures already--offset month?
wow, Thats pretty significant for a house, there must be a lot of 220v and inductive loads. lemme guess, HVAC, spa, EV charger?

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
wow, Thats pretty significant for a house, there must be a lot of 220v and inductive loads. lemme guess, HVAC, spa, EV charger?
no hot tub there yet.

EVSE, yes. but that's probably only 100 kWh for the month: ~13 kWh to fill up the PacHy's battery twice each weekend.

lighting--it is 3,700 sq ft even if it's all LED now.

inductive oven.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
not sure if you are interested or not but leviton makes smart breakers that are wifi now, you can swap out all of the legacy breakers in your service panel and have complete monitoring, recording and app control of every specific circuit in your house. Comes in handy when you can see the minute change of an appliance draw before it dies.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
not sure if you are interested or not but leviton makes smart breakers that are wifi now, you can swap out all of the legacy breakers in your service panel and have complete monitoring, recording and app control of every specific circuit in your house. Comes in handy when you can see the minute change of an appliance draw before it dies.
I have 5.64 kW PV on the roof just waiting to be turned on after MPEI inspects it. then it'll be mostly academic

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
The moment whatever manages those gets comprimised... :rofl:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
My highest ever usage in winter with house guests was 30 kWh for a two month billing cycle. Are you still trying to cook bugs?
that is incredibly frugal

do you just sit there in the dark, whittling away your bone knife or what

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Sketch

Sketch skiing, but especially sketch choice of location given there are two or three slide paths just to skiers’ right

edit: he responded, and rightly pointed out that in late spring then the wet slab problem is paramount. but those weren't slide paths from months before...

Last edited: