Quantcast

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Someone after my 3rd COVID event my blood showed a significant iron deficiency which I never had prior. Still the case.
Really? Is there any sort of documented COVID/iron deficient correlation? I ask, because my daughter is borderline iron deficient/anemic and has had COVID at LEAST 3 times. Also something she did not exhibit prior.
Not sure if documented, but I believe that many of my lingering issues, the worst of which was those weird fucking cardiac events, have a correlation to my 5 Covid infections. My Dr. got my name on the list for a long COVID research program being conducted by UC, but it's been years now and still not a peep. I'm guessing they ran out of funds.
timely

in the meantime I ordered myself up a multivitamin and iron supplement from Costco. and the scopes are scheduled.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
timely

in the meantime I ordered myself up a multivitamin and iron supplement from Costco. and the scopes are scheduled.
That's very interesting in an upsetting yet predictable way.

We've had the kid on a multivitamin/iron supplement for a while, or at least as much as anyone can get a teenager to do anything, but even with that she remains "borderline" low.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
anyway, the deal in question, this for 80238 zip, 24/12 lease:
Got the April 2024 incentives via the Edmunds lease forum, and they are exactly the same as the March 19, 2024 revised incentives. Game is still on.

24/12 SE lease as one-pay: 0.00177 MF, 72% RV, $7,500 Hyundai lease cash, $7,850 signed over CO state tax credit

24/12 SEL lease as one-pay: 0.00240 MF, 77% RV, $7,500 Hyundai lease cash, $5,350 signed over CO state tax credit

edit: emails/web contact forms out for all the relevant CO stock. skipped Foundation after finding out their unwillingness to play fairly.

edit 2: emailed Foundation after all, as they do have an SEL listed with a discount from MSRP that's actually nearly double their dealer fee, which I could then forgive

Last edited:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
quick sanity check here on lease math for a Subaru Solterra:

$46,875 for a Premium listed at AutoNation Arapahoe. That includes a $2,089 dealer discount, but is before a $799 dealer fee: they taketh with one hand and giveth with another.

36/12 lease terms per the Edmunds gurus: 0.00265 MF and then a 0.0008 MF reduction for one-pay, 62% residual. $7,500 lease cash, $2,500 dealer cash. add in usual CO credit.

looks like that'd be $8,301 one-pay even if they stacked that dealer discount and passed through the full dealer cash. still far from where it should be, imo.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
if I were an internet sales guy for an auto dealership I'd make a killing because I'd simply respond to inquiries with actual PDF quotes in a timely manner

a task that's apparently too difficult for almost all dealerships contacted with exactly what I'm looking for down to the last T

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
if I were an internet sales guy for an auto dealership I'd make a killing because I'd simply respond to inquiries with actual PDF quotes in a timely manner

a task that's apparently too difficult for almost all dealerships contacted with exactly what I'm looking for down to the last T
Don't most dealerships have an "internet sales dude" now? I mean thats their job and they still suck at it :rofl:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Little rocket sleds!!
they're not as stiff or quite as energetic as I was thinking from reviews

but they're also super intuitive, feel supple, and are happy at any speed. quite nice skis, really, and will be great to tool around on the frontside whenever skiing with my wife.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Picked up kid from downtown via e-cargo bike. Hopped the A Line each way.

IMG_1843.jpeg
IMG_1844.jpeg
IMG_1846.jpeg
IMG_1847.jpeg

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Not sure if it's of any interest to you, but Ikon added St. Moritz for '24/'25.

View attachment 209941
I saw that. But we aren’t that fancy, sadly

We'll be all Winter Park next season save for five days at Taos over spring break. Well, I’ll get some Copper midweek days, too, if Copper ever gets more snow in a storm than WP, which didn’t seem to happen at all with how this season went.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
state of the Kona Electric lease hunt, 4/4 update:

awaiting a formal quote from Schomp (local) on an SEL. with their (lack of) fees and a $300 MSRP discount with no markup on the lease terms a 24/12 one-pay comes to $703 per the leasehackr calculator.

awaiting a formal quote from Foundation (local) on an SEL. with their $1,330 MSRP discount but $699 dealer fee with similarly no markup a 24/12 one-pay comes to $448 per leasehackr.

awaiting a formal quote from Phil Long (CoSpr) on an SE. I think they're doing some ADM fuckery as the one-pay would be negative if everything clean. but I can't get them to send it! incompetence. :D

awaiting a formal quote from Red Rock (not Rocks! Glenwood Springs) on an SE. they can't figure out their computer systems.

Stevinson (local) got a real quote to me on an SEL but they have a $699 doc fee and also didn't pass on any of the 0.0009 MF one-pay reduction! yeah, nah, guys. :lol:

Crossroads (Loveland, local enough) gave a quote on an SE in transit that is ~$730 for a 24/12 one-pay since they are adamant about using a wrong one-pay MF reduction.

I’m also wasting the time of some distant dealers on SE deals with shipping. But a < $1k SEL would trump this in all likelihood.
For those just tuning in, this one-pay lease deal would get me the car for 24 months, 12k allotted miles per year. I’d make one payment up front and then that’s it. The magic sauce that makes this possible is that the SEL gets a $5,350 state tax credit (signed over to the dealer at time of sale) and the SE gets $7,850 as its MSRP is below the anointed $35k threshold.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
I saw that. But we aren’t that fancy, sadly

We'll be all Winter Park next season save for five days at Taos over spring break. Well, I’ll get some Copper midweek days, too, if Copper ever gets more snow in a storm than WP, which didn’t seem to happen at all with how this season went.
Thinking Zermatt -> Andermatt/Sedrun -> St. Moritz next winter...

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
state of the Kona Electric lease hunt, 4/4 update:

For those just tuning in, this one-pay lease deal would get me the car for 24 months, 12k allotted miles per year. I’d make one payment up front and then that’s it. The magic sauce that makes this possible is that the SEL gets a $5,350 state tax credit (signed over to the dealer at time of sale) and the SE gets $7,850 as its MSRP is below the anointed $35k threshold.
Got some more lease quotes back. 2024 Kona Electric assumed for all:

Red Rock (Grand Junction). non-one-pay 24/12 SE. $2,328 net due to $1,299 accessories, $608 doc + dealer fees. yeah, nah

Foundation (Westminster). one-pay 24/12 SEL. opaque numbers. $4,576 net, $798 accessories, $706 doc fee

Stevinson (Longmont). one-pay 24/12 SEL. $2,581 net, $699 doc fee

Schomp (Aurora). one-pay 24/12 SEL. $1,539 net (with the CO credit claimed at tax time so as to not put the net cap cost below the residual value) via $300 discount from MSRP, no doc fee, no accessories

So Schomp is clearly the winner! But the catch is that the SEL in question as quoted is apparently being sold tonight. I'll grab it at this price if that falls through, but if it doesn't fall through then I have put a $500 deposit down on one of their June arrival SELs at analogous terms. If they have an SE coming I’ll switch to it to make the deal even crazier.

update, for those of you waiting with bated breath: the white SEL in question from the Friday negotiations apparently did sell. so I have $500 down to reserve a blue SEL coming in in June. ridiculously cheap new car time then. :)

download.png

download (1).png

Last edited:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Got some more lease quotes back. 2024 Kona Electric assumed for all:

[elided]

Schomp (Aurora). one-pay 24/12 SEL. $1,539 net (with the CO credit claimed at tax time so as to not put the net cap cost below the residual value) via $300 discount from MSRP, no doc fee, no accessories

So Schomp is clearly the winner!
hey @Sandwich did you see this? these numbers are warped by the existence of the ($5k when claimed at tax time as the case here) CO EV credit. but you have a $3,500 credit in MA!

so your net with the identical one-pay lease deal (+/- your local taxes being slightly different, mine 8.81%) would be just about $3k. that's net for 24 months: $125/mo averaged out.

and here's one in transit:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
since Threads search sucks, putting this here so I can find it again. I asked on Reddit about derestricting the 25 mph limit on my Greenworks minibike

directed to post to r/ebikes so there, too

Last edited:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Still lifting I am

Also got lightheaded a bunch. But not during the sets at least

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
hey @Sandwich did you see this? these numbers are warped by the existence of the ($5k when claimed at tax time as the case here) CO EV credit. but you have a $3,500 credit in MA!

so your net with the identical one-pay lease deal (+/- your local taxes being slightly different, mine 8.81%) would be just about $3k. that's net for 24 months: $125/mo averaged out.

and here's one in transit:

Thanks for the tip. Not really what I’m after in a car but I appreciate the deal. I was pretty disappointed by the lack of service with my local Hyundai dealers- that last lease deal was clearly to get jalopnik talking and not to actually sell cars. When I reached out I was offered an Ioniq 5 instead (???). This echoes my Genesis experience…the dealerships have turned me off from the brand. The I6 was at least cool enough to try, the Kona…is different.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Fair enough. Once you know the grandeur of a big Genesis, I suppose…

:D

/me will drive the little blue shoe around for super cheap because that motivates me

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Tuned up the Stöcklis to a precise 2 degree edge bevel as they’re supposed to be from the factory and they thusly felt quite nice

GPTempDownload.jpeg
GPTempDownload.jpeg

Last edited:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
the indignity of being in a cheap shoebox!

it looks like a little robot. it's totally inoffensive and fine, imo. on par with... say, a blue Crosstrek, yeah
Drove near one of them yesterday for the first time, I still think the rear quarters look bad with the lights on the lower corners.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Fair enough. Once you know the grandeur of a big Genesis, I suppose…

/me will drive the little blue shoe around for super cheap because that motivates me
It's more about taking advantage of a ridiculous deal and RWD vs. FWD. I do not want another FWD car, but I would make an exception for the mini. I'm also starting to realize how much I do NOT want a "space car from the future" as all manufacturers are pushing in their EVs. I get it, that's what Tesla does and they are successful, but I will wait until there's nothing left on the market with real buttons and dials or I can get an EV that doesn't suck to drive and deal with screens from door to door. That's what draws me to the Mini SE and the Ioniq 5. I think the Ioniq 6 is ugly as sin, but switching to an EV for less money than I am paying now isn't a horrible deal.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
to be fair, Hyundai/Kia are going all "space car from the future" for their gas lineup as well

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Hi Toshi, long time listener, first time caller.

Will you be getting a Kona to go with your Kona?
I should lease two Konas and tether them together with a towing bar

then I would have four driven wheels yo

just would have to figure out how to sync the throttle on the second eh

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
quick math time:

CO's EV tax credit is $5k for this year for vehicles $35,000-$80,000 MSRP. add $2.5k for vehicles < $35,000 MSRP. (there's also an extra $600 ex $250 processing fee tacked on if one signs over the credit to a dealer this year or the next.)

in 2025 it drops to $3.5k. 2026: $1.5k. 2027: $1k. 2028: $500.

the key part is that the $2.5k add-on persists through all of these years. so if my hare-brained Kona Electric lease idea turns out to be a good idea and I want to repeat it come two years from now I'll definitely want to drop to the < $35k cheap/slow/lower range SE trim. if I can stack a Hyundai loyalty discount on the transaction (if they're doing it--in some years recently it's been as much as $2.5k!) or do it early in December 2025, or both, then it'll be another smashing deal. if interest rates and thus money factors drop as well then that'll also sweeten the pot more.

for 6 months I could have two Konas potentially, in other words. hoard all of the cheap cars.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
more interesting numbers from the EV credit update bill:

light duty EV trucks 8,500-10,000 GVWR have the same credits and sunset schedule as passenger cars, without the $35k MSRP add on.

medium duty EV trucks (defined as linked below as GVWR 10,000-26,000) get a $12k credit for the 2024 and 2025 tax years, then $4k 2026-2032 tax years.

heavy duty EV trucks (GVWR 26,001+) get $12k for 2024/2025, $8k 2026-2023.

https://tax.colorado.gov/imv-itc-changes-for-2024-and-later

E-Transit and eSprinter both top out just under 10k GVWR, for the record :D

section 3 here has some class 3-7 vehicles that exist, but they're all priced based off of 100% duty cycle fleet use (as in $100-150k range)

Last edited: