Quantcast

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
maybe @stevew qualifies

as he travels 24/7 and doesn't have a job (or at least doesn't speak of it)
i travel....but its not exotic...

this year...

california coast for two weeks....might cancel

denver for a concert for a weekend.

idaho via seattle for a week...lookout crashing...

i have only left the country once...7th or 8th grade....it was the bahamas....i stayed in the hotel room 95 percent of the time.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
i travel....but its not exotic...

this year...

california coast for two weeks....might cancel

denver for a concert for a weekend.

idaho via seattle for a week...lookout crashing...

i have only left the country once...7th or 8th grade....it was the bahamas....i stayed in the hotel room 95 percent of the time.
I mean if you don't like people you should visit Canada. It's just like Murica, but with less people. And you can travel even more wisely with your US dollar.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I mean if you don't like people you should visit Canada. It's just like Murica, but with less people. And you can travel even more wisely with your US dollar.
I hear Nunavut is the place to avoid crowds

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
more avalanche courting idiocy

cool visuals indeed. but wow. could well be a snuff film.
It's only a matter of time before we have a fresh post for the Darwin award thread.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
moment of seriousness amidst my usual shitposting about car and ski stuff:

I'm a bit apprehensive about the scope day on May 2. I'm not worried about the actual process of the day or the prep. but I have seen a shit-ton of people over the years come through colorectal multidisciplinary clinic with colorectal cancer who are younger than me. I do hope that's not what's been causing me to be anemic.

there are certainly benign things it could be. hemorrhoids unsuspected? an ulcer. celiac disease. but all is unknown until the pathologists weigh in on whatever the endoscopists find.

I'm not freaking out about it. but it's a niggling fear in the back of my mind for sure, not aided by that one of my riding buddies has metastatic sigmoid colon cancer himself.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008

I'm a bit apprehensive about the scope day on May 2. I'm not worried about the actual process of the day or the prep. but I have seen a shit-ton of people over the years come through colorectal multidisciplinary clinic with colorectal cancer who are younger than me. I do hope that's not what's been causing me to be anemic.

there are certainly benign things it could be. hemorrhoids unsuspected? an ulcer. celiac disease. but all is unknown until the pathologists weigh in on whatever the endoscopists find.

I'm not freaking out about it. but it's a niggling fear in the back of my mind for sure, not aided by that one of my riding buddies has metastatic sigmoid colon cancer himself.
Not sure which emoji is appropriate, so I'll just say here if you need us.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are

stay positive. you're getting ahead of any potential issues by testing early.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I should now the lawns

haven’t started watering them but they’re looking fairly decent already from fall overseeding, aeration, and the like
Not bad given that I tore the rear lawn down to bare dirt and reseeded last summer. A few more weeks before turning the taps on

IMG_1959.jpeg
IMG_1960.jpeg
IMG_1961.jpeg
IMG_1962.jpeg
IMG_1963.jpeg

also symbolically put the snowblower into the shed (only used it once this season!)

Last edited:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
all seasons back on minivan. 2 were low so I had them disposed of last winter tire change out. thus 2 new fancy looking CrossClimate 2s on the back axle this time around via Costco

437524410_965136331682579_3732584889357778968_n.jpg
437473199_429095399702637_3801262886105577379_n.jpg

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
@6thElement not a lot of vert for you

maybe do two laps of it in a day then?
Funnily enough I've been after something akin to that for ages and was only looking again a couple of days ago. But tbh, I'd rather avoid all the traffic that would need to be dealt with on such a ride.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp

I hope your probing is for nought. The unknown can be scarier than the known.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
IMG_1993.jpeg

Blizzard Rustler 10 on Dynafit Rotation pin binding impressions:

- pin bindings were actually totally fine for my in-bounds morning, with the caveat that the snow was spring slush mostly, thus one couldn’t put much power through the skis anyway
- bindings felt weird for first 100’ then forgot about them mostly. Feet and knees (!) feel more tired than I’d expect: subconsciously doing something a bit different
- didn’t really like the Rustlers (in 180 cm so 17.5 m radius, 102 mm under foot): too much tip rocker and flappiness for my tastes. Playful, sure. But not a hint of feeling like a charger ski. Given 1,880 g claimed weight this all jives.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
the snow was spring slush mostly

The storm will cross Colorado on Monday night, and it will strengthen to the east of Colorado on Tuesday morning.

For snow accumulations, I continue to think that 5-10 inches is a reasonable forecast. Some of the snow will fall by Tuesday morning's 500 am report, and more snow will fall between 500 am and midday, so conditions could be a little deeper than what you see on the report.

Because we'll likely receive around or fewer than 10 inches of new snow, we'll still be able to feel the crunchy base, and the best conditions should be on lower-angle and recently groomed slopes. The snow quality should be moderate - not too fluffy and not overly thick - so Tuesday morning could be surfy and soft and fun.

One caveat - with a strengthening storm and a favorable northwest wind, there is a chance for an upside surprise and we could reach 10-15+ inches of snow. Many of the higher-resolution models are showing the chance for these higher totals, and if there is anywhere in Colorado that is most likely to see double-digit accumulations, it should be around the northern continental divide, including the Winter Park area.
I will ski Winter Park on Wednesday if and only if the Wed morning snow report is of 12" or greater over 24h

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003

I will ski Winter Park on Wednesday if and only if the Wed morning snow report is of 12" or greater over 24h
Tomorrow will be the day. Wednesday the Death Star is forecasted to be out... which will ruin everything. :mad:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Tomorrow will be the day. Wednesday the Death Star is forecasted to be out... which will ruin everything. :mad:
tomorrow I work at Highlands Ranch

:(

has to be a longer and stronger than expected storm. and the day star must abide

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
still not a coat rack

yet

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Barring a second wave storm tonight I shan’t go up tomorrow

IMG_2015.jpeg

Copper unexpectedly coming up with the goids

IMG_2016.jpeg

Last edited:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
snobs are gonna snob !

a pow day (even heavy spring pow) in mid April is a treat to be enjoyed. we're on borrowed time here for sliding around.
today would have been a no brainer for Copper

but for the red traffic, that is :D

tomorrow: marginal

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
snobs are gonna snob !

a pow day (even heavy spring pow) in mid April is a treat to be enjoyed. we're on borrowed time here for sliding around.
Man... reminds me of a HUGE pow day in May back in the 90's at A-Basin. All the untracked was almost unskiable on the old skinny skis. People were hurling themselves off of that monster rock on International... it was a sight to behold.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
line surely died down after lift opening. but still, not worth it for 10"

(that's what she said eh)

436343887_26102413622691359_830352515758594691_n.jpg

that'd be super gauge and a stupid singles line