Quantcast

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
@Sandwich

that could make for a cheap lease. get $1k or $2k off MSRP on top, $10,500 in lease cash + MA credit, and given a $35k MSRP even a 50% residual for a 24/12 lease or the like would still be cheap. if they're aggressive and do something more like 75% on the residual...

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
@Sandwich

that could make for a cheap lease. get $1k or $2k off MSRP on top, $10,500 in lease cash + MA credit, and given a $35k MSRP even a 50% residual for a 24/12 lease or the like would still be cheap. if they're aggressive and do something more like 75% on the residual...

I'm all for cheap crap, but jeez the 500e ticks like none of my boxes. It sounds like the mini se was at least fun to drive.

Honestly I'm going to try and tough it out with the behemoth genesis or swap to a used polestar or keep my eyes peeled for a nice lease in the winter time. Seems like used car values go up in the early winter here and new car value goes down. If I can get over my deep hatred for elmo, model 3s now qualify for both rebates and have low finance rates too. Lease costs look low on a short range car as well.

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
I definitely think adding the hot tub has helped occupancy rates for the mountain house. Still waiting for someone to book it for spring break (while we'll be in Taos).

vacasa 1.PNG

vacasa 2.PNG

vacasa 3.PNG

(the Nov 15-17 ostensibly owner block is one that a co-worker is taking for the price of the cleaning fee.)

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
The moonlighting cash/available hours is going to dry up as we get more fully staffed (in September—two more come next July), but for now I’m partaking heavily. Busiest month yet. $30k in moonlighting alone this month, and I paced it out so as to not feel any more burnt out than my baseline.
so the moonlighting hours didn't dry up in September. no word on October hours availability yet.

I thus partook as much as I had tolerance for, and ended up a few hundred shy of $30k in moonlighting once again for this month, which will be paid out at the end of October in turn. definitely had a few nights these past few weeks where I had the time for it but didn't want to. so I didn't.

add the prime rate following the Fed target rate down by 0.5% (with the HELOCs tied to the prime rate at -0.76% and +1.3%, respectively) and my student loan payments wrapping up after either 2 or 3 more payments (not entirely certain am I, hmm) and everything's coming up Milhouse. except for me sacrificing much free time to this pursuit. hmph